GDT: 10/8/15 - 7:30PM EDT - Philadelphia VS Tampa Bay | F/WOT 3-2

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Typical early season game from Palat, dominating, involved in half a dozen of scoring chances... And ends up with 0 point. He looks notably faster than last year though, could be promising.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Very late on my thoughts but it was a good game. Definitely some rust showing especially with passes that were just off the mark. I give it another game or two before that gets sorted out. The Flyers did a good job of clogging the neutral zone and the Bolts had some trouble with it. Not a perfect game but I'm happy with what I saw. Drouin owns my heart right now. Bishop's stick lift on the PS was beautiful. Garrison bringing the offense !!!! Overall a good game with a ton of positives and most of the negatives are just some first game sloppiness

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
3 on 3 was made for the Lighting, it was fast and exciting hockey. They had a lot of scoring chances barely a minute in, some cool combinations too Kuch, Stammer, Hedman where barely on the ice 5 seconds and had 2 - 3 scoring chances. Minus the turn over that led to the penalty shot they looked good during OT.

Bish was classic Bish tonight, let in one softy but stone walled everything, shut down two penalty shots! looked good, he healed up nicely. Hedman looked good tonight too, he only gets better and better as the season goes on. TKO had a few chances, took them a bit to get going. Drouin - Stamkos - Cally looked good, especially Drouin!! Glad to see Garrison get some goals, secondary scoring was an issue last year.

TBL12345

May 19, 2015
NY, NY
3 on 3 was made for the Lighting, it was fast and exciting hockey. They had a lot of scoring chances barely a minute in, some cool combinations too Kuch, Stammer, Hedman where barely on the ice 5 seconds and had 2 - 3 scoring chances. Minus the turn over that led to the penalty shot they looked good during OT.

Bish was classic Bish tonight, let in one softy but stone walled everything, shut down two penalty shots! looked good, he healed up nicely. Hedman looked good tonight too, he only gets better and better as the season goes on. TKO had a few chances, took them a bit to get going. Drouin - Stamkos - Cally looked good, especially Drouin!! Glad to see Garrison get some goals, secondary scoring was an issue last year.

Completely agree - 3 on 3 turns on counter-attack and speed. Fortunately for us, we have that in spades, along with a rock in Bishop between the pipes. As the season progresses, my guess is that teams will learn to play defense against us (keep two players back at all times) and take their chances against us in the shootout.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Both PS calls were BS. You used to have to drag the guy down or grab him and pull/turn his body. Now you touch his hands on a partial breakaway and it's a PS apparently.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Both PS calls were BS. You used to have to drag the guy down or grab him and pull/turn his body. Now you touch his hands on a partial breakaway and it's a PS apparently.

I'm still not sure Palat actually got his hands.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://video.lightning.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=842343&catid=-6

From Coop's presser today about using Filppula, Killorn, and Stralman together to start OT last night:
"Because I was pretty certain they were going to go with Giroux, Voracek, and whoever on the back end. Fil and Killer kinda stopped them all night. I wasn't as much worried about them (Fil and Killer) scoring as I was about them keeping them (Giroux and Voracek) off the board and then having our other guys do it."

wuf

Sponsor
Aug 16, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
Killorn impressed me a lot last night, not that he didn't in the playoffs last year. The dude has a knack for finding openings for passes and just makes all around good, smart hockey plays.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
I had to watch the rest of the game early this morning (some of us get up at 0400) and all I can say is WOW. We have some rust to knock off but once they get totally back into the groove, watch out. I agree, move Nam to the 3rd line for him to get better offensive chances.

Also, LOVE the 3 on 3 OT. I know Bish doesn't but he's got the stones to win a lot of those.

wxkid23

Oct 7, 2014
Kissimmee, FL
Anyone who doubts flips place on this team should watch the last play. Smart player. I hear it time and time again that he's one of the smarter veterans around

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I think he'll be a lot better this season provided he's not put on Stamkos' wing again. That's what killed him last year, IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad