Post-Game Talk: 10/6 - Preseason #6 - BRUINS 2 Columbus 1 F

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
Once again DeBrusk looked like a pure Eriksson clone last night. The way he glides with intent and hounds the puck is uncannily similar.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
While I'm not a huge McQuaid fan, I'm also not a fan of judging vets on a couple pre-season games. Wouldn't die if Carlo played a month or two in Providence, but would be excited if he was on the opening night roster, too.

While pre-season can be a tough way to judge veterans, even if McQuaid was playing decent, he still might of been outplayed by the other 9 D-men still left in camp.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
While I'm not a huge McQuaid fan, I'm also not a fan of judging vets on a couple pre-season games. Wouldn't die if Carlo played a month or two in Providence, but would be excited if he was on the opening night roster, too.

I am also one who has little issues with a kid developing, getting tons of ice time in the minors however, IF that player has clearly been better than a vet, and makes the team and it`s goal of playing quick, up tempo in the B`s case, he should earn a spot.

I`ve watched precisely zero live minutes of the preseason so I can`t judge how Quaider has played or Carlo for that matter however, CJ doesn`t toss around compliments freely but these post game interviews I`ve been watching, he`s been doing just that, not just about Carlo but he seems to really be impressed with DeBrusk and Czarnik too

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I am also one who has little issues with a kid developing, getting tons of ice time in the minors however, IF that player has clearly been better than a vet, and makes the team and it`s goal of playing quick, up tempo in the B`s case, he should earn a spot.

I`ve watched precisely zero live minutes of the preseason so I can`t judge how Quaider has played or Carlo for that matter however, CJ doesn`t toss around compliments freely but these post game interviews I`ve been watching, he`s been doing just that, not just about Carlo but he seems to really be impressed with DeBrusk and Czarnik too

He's been bad ODAAT, like bad as in he's not an NHL caliber player anymore.

Might just be another case of a guy still feeling the effects of a concussion. In which case who knows how long it will take McQuaid to get back up to where he was, because he was pretty good last year until his concussion.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
The defense last night gave me hope, lots of great movement

I still have "plays like he has NHL experience" scrawled in my notebook from two development camps ago about Carlo, glad he continues to impress. I think we got a gem there

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
He's been bad ODAAT, like bad as in he's not an NHL caliber player anymore.

Might just be another case of a guy still feeling the effects of a concussion. In which case who knows how long it will take McQuaid to get back up to where he was, because he was pretty good last year until his concussion.

yikes, love Quaider`s heart but IMO, again, not having seen him this season, the game is just too quick for him

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
yikes, love Quaider`s heart but IMO, again, not having seen him this season, the game is just too quick for him

I'm all for this deal

mcquaid + griffith to Edmonton for Yakapov and 5th rnd pick

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I'm all for this deal

I wouldn't even need the 5th round pick to make that deal.

Heck I'd do that deal for just the 5th rd. pick and no Yakupov.

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
Originally posted by tburns21
I'm all for this deal

This is a joke, right? There's zero chance of that trade ever happening. Chiarelli would be killed if he ever made it.

To get a D, I would consider packaging Spooner, Heinen, CMiller -- while their value is still pretty high -- since they are somewhat redundant pieces for the B's. It probably would take quite a bit more to get a Fowler or a Trouba, however.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I'm all for this deal

Huge McQuaid fan, love tough stay at home D that hit and fight and McQuaid fits that to a T. Having said that I wouldn't deal any of the Bruins D for Yakapov,he has done NOTHING to make me want to trade for him.

Yes he was a 1st overall but he has been a complete failure so far. Maybe he plays well in new surroundings, I can't see a lazy defensive player fitting in with Claude. Also the D isn't very good (obviously) and they need to keep the depth they have on it in case of injuries. I don't know if I would move Griffith for Yakapov straight up.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
This is a joke, right? There's zero chance of that trade ever happening. Chiarelli would be killed if he ever made it.

To get a D, I would consider packaging Spooner, Heinen, CMiller -- while their value is still pretty high -- since they are somewhat redundant pieces for the B's. It probably would take quite a bit more to get a Fowler or a Trouba, however.

Well considering there are media reports of Yakupov being dealt before the seasons starts to Chicago for a couple AHL prospects, that deal isn't unrealistic at all.

Quite a good proposal actually, give Chiarelli a D-man who he knows well, and a prospect who played on the 1st line at times in Boston under Chiarelli's watch. Probably move favourable to Chiarelli than a couple Chicago prospects he's less familiar with.

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
Not going to hurt a bit to put on offer in for Yakapov. McQuaid is someone Chia knows and they could use a tough deeman like him to protect all those pretty boys. McQuaid is reduntant as is Griff in the bruins system today. Griffith could replace Yak easily. I say go for it, let him get a shot for a year if nothing happens no big deal. Kid has a good attitude and wants to prove himself. He needs Claudes tough love approach and he can learn the backcheck game or go to the KHL and sulk like Kovalchuk. Buy low and you never know. I would even throw in Morrow and or Hayes to sweeten the deal

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Not going to hurt a bit to put on offer in for Yakapov. McQuaid is someone Chia knows and they could use a tough deeman like him to protect all those pretty boys. McQuaid is reduntant as is Griff in the bruins system today. Griffith could replace Yak easily. I say go for it, let him get a shot for a year if nothing happens no big deal. Kid has a good attitude and wants to prove himself. He needs Claudes tough love approach and he can learn the backcheck game or go to the KHL and sulk like Kovalchuk. Buy low and you never know. I would even throw in Morrow and or Hayes to sweeten the deal

Just my uninformed opinion, but I wonder how well Yakupov fit into the Oilers room. Not saying he's a bad guy by any means, I just wonder if he would be better suited to a more veteran room where the off-ice activities are, shall we say, more family-oriented.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Just my uninformed opinion, but I wonder how well Yakupov fit into the Oilers room. Not saying he's a bad guy by any means, I just wonder if he would be better suited to a more veteran room where the off-ice activities are, shall we say, more family-oriented.

I also wonder this. It sounds like he is a no drinking, no partying, workaholic type. Just not sure he has enough hockey IQ. Sure makes sense for EDM to try to boost his value playing with McJesus, though. If he can't succeed there, well, it's not like you would get much for him now anyway.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
:handclap: but it should have never been Boychuk that was traded. Never should have signed Sieds. That stupid move forced Boys out.

Seidenberg was better than Boychuk when they were both at their peak here (IMO)

It wasn't a stupid move, they couldnt have predicted he was going to blow his knee out. It seems like Monday morning QBing

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Seidenberg was better than Boychuk when they were both at their peak here (IMO)

It wasn't a stupid move, they couldnt have predicted he was going to blow his knee out. It seems like Monday morning QBing

The difference in their ages should of been enough to choose Boychuk over Seidenberg, stick with the younger player. Seidenberg may of been the better player at the time, but it's not like their was a massive gap between the two.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The difference in their ages should of been enough to choose Boychuk over Seidenberg, stick with the younger player. Seidenberg may of been the better player at the time, but it's not like their was a massive gap between the two.

And the asking price between the 2 may have been different, after all the amount Boychuk ended up getting was significantly more than what Seidenberg ended up getting

Not to mention Boychuk had the durability concerns at the time....not Seids

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad