Post-Game Talk: 10/6 - Preseason #6 - BRUINS 2 Columbus 1 F

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
This is going to be a strange game because the teams will meet one week later in Columbus to start the season. Torts is desperate to win the home opener given the Blue Jackets horrific start last season.

Bergeron and Marchand will not play in Thursday’s game at Columbus. They’ll be back for the presesaon wrap on Saturday at TD

Kevan Miller did not practice Wednesday. Julien said he was being evaluated after being hit with a deflected Andrei Markov shot on the left leg Tuesday . . . Brian Ferlin was sidelined with a lower-body injury . . . World Cup participants Backes, Patrice Bergeron, Zdeno Chara, Christian Ehrhoff, and Brad Marchand were given the day off.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...roster-spot/7LyLfSOCKtWYikdcdqbuoM/story.html

Columbus radio feed

http://tunein.com/radio/ESPN-Columbus-1460-s27544/

Last edited:

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
This is going to be a strange game because the teams will meet one week later in Columbus to start the season. Torts is desperate to win the home opener given the Blue Jackets horrific start last season.

Bergeron and Marchand will not play in Thursday’s game at Columbus. They’ll be back for the presesaon wrap on Saturday at TD

Kevan Miller did not practice Wednesday. Julien said he was being evaluated after being hit with a deflected Andrei Markov shot on the left leg Tuesday . . . Brian Ferlin was sidelined with a lower-body injury . . . World Cup participants Backes, Patrice Bergeron, Zdeno Chara, Christian Ehrhoff, and Brad Marchand were given the day off.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...roster-spot/7LyLfSOCKtWYikdcdqbuoM/story.html

Columbus radio feed

http://tunein.com/radio/ESPN-Columbus-1460-s27544/

Well it would appear Ehrhoff has made the team...

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Well it would appear Ehrhoff has made the team...

He may make it, but there's nothing in that article that indicates he has. All it said was that the WC players were given the day off. Ehrhoff has not been in camp long, so it would make sense that they keep him around as long as possible for a proper evaluation.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
He may make it, but there's nothing in that article that indicates he has. All it said was that the WC players were given the day off. Ehrhoff has not been in camp long, so it would make sense that they keep him around as long as possible for a proper evaluation.

Other than the fact he gets to sit a pre season game meaning no further evaluation needed?

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Practice lineup from yesterday...

Jake DeBrusk - Riley Nash - Seth Griffith
Matt Beleskey - Austin Czarnik - Danton Heinen
Sean Kuraly - Dominic Moore - Noel Acciari
Zac Rinaldo /Jimmy Hayes - Tim Schaller - Tyler Randell
Ryan Spooner - David Krejci - David Pastrnak

Torey Krug - Adam McQuaid
John-Michael Liles - Brandon Carlo
Joe Morrow - Colin Miller

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
I like the czarnik like Jimmy is being sent a message sharing time with Rinoldo.

No fun the game isn't on tv but I guess we probably shouldn't expect anything else

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Practice lineup from yesterday...

Jake DeBrusk - Riley Nash - Seth Griffith
Matt Beleskey - Austin Czarnik - Danton Heinen
Sean Kuraly - Dominic Moore - Noel Acciari
Zac Rinaldo /Jimmy Hayes - Tim Schaller - Tyler Randell
Ryan Spooner - David Krejci - David Pastrnak

Torey Krug - Adam McQuaid
John-Michael Liles - Brandon Carlo
Joe Morrow - Colin Miller

The big question is which of the forward lines sits? My guess would be the Krejci line, just because they want to be cautious with DK's rehab, and Spooner/Pastrnak have already made the team, but on the flip side, they may really want to try out that line.

All of the other guys really need this game for evaluation purposes, either where they fit in the lineup, or if they fit in the lineup. My guess is Jimmy sits it out too.

Ace0813

Bleed Black & Gold
Aug 28, 2008
New Hampshire
I love your avatar. Is that your little one? :)

It is! She's about 10 times the size now... Just hit 3 years old in August. We've got another little girl on the way now, but I fear that glove will stink a bit too much to put this baby in it.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Other than the fact he gets to sit a pre season game meaning no further evaluation needed?

From Fluto's article:

"Kevan Miller did not practice Wednesday. Julien said he was being evaluated after being hit with a deflected Andrei Markov shot on the left leg Tuesday . . . Brian Ferlin was sidelined with a lower-body injury . . . World Cup participants Backes, Patrice Bergeron, Zdeno Chara, Christian Ehrhoff, and Brad Marchand were given the day off."

This article was posted this morning on the 6th, but he was referring to the WC players getting Wednesday (the 5th) off. It doesn't say whether or not Ehrhoff will play tonight that I saw?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I like the czarnik like Jimmy is being sent a message sharing time with Rinoldo.

No fun the game isn't on tv but I guess we probably shouldn't expect anything else

I don't think "message sending" has anything to do with it. Claude is just seeing what Hayes would look like with those other two players who will likely be 4th liners. He basically has 10 forwards competing for 9 jobs in the Top 9.

Rinaldo is the suspended spare part here.

For what it's worth, while I despise having to watch Jimmy Hayes, I don't have an issue with his effort level this pre-season. His skating also looks marginally improved.

He still lacks these little things called skill and hockey sense.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
It is! She's about 10 times the size now... Just hit 3 years old in August. We've got another little girl on the way now, but I fear that glove will stink a bit too much to put this baby in it.

Sweet! And congratulations on the new baby :handclap:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
No where to watch this one.

I hate to see Rinaldo's name anywhere near the B's roster.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO:handclap::handclap:

cbjgirl

Just thinking
Jan 19, 2006
about last summer.
CBJ lines for tonight according to Tom Reed (beat reporter for Columbus Dispatch along with Aaron Portzline)

Forwards:
Jenner-Dubinksy-Atkinson
Saad-Gagner-Foligno
Hartnell-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand
Calvert-Karlsson-Anderson

Defense:
Werenski-Jones
Murray-Savard
Nutivaara-Johnson

Bob in net

This is likely to be very close to the opening day line-up.

https://twitter.com/treed1919

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad