Post-Game Talk: 10/4 - Preseason #5 - Montréal 4 BRUINS 3 F

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
It's not fact it's opinion. Based on what I saw my opinion is what it is. I just don't like when people say they see a future top 6 forward and everyone thanks them for their encouraging report. Then a negative report comes in and it gets ripped to shreds as a grudge against him specifically or trolling. It's an honest report about what I think of the player based on what I saw. I did leave out a few small details though initially. He really can chip the puck into the zone at an A+ level. Never seen anyone dump the puck in quite like him.

I know you are just trying to be a richard (and succeeding, congrats), but one of the cardinal sins that young players always seem to commit is trying to do too much at the next level. If Senyshyn has already learned that sometimes the best play is to just chip it in, he's ahead of a lot of young players.

toreykingkrug

Nov 28, 2014
LMAO watching someone bashing Barzal or Connor. Barzal is not small, he is 6'0. If he is small so is David Krejci. What's wrong with being a passing-first center? You know who are passing-first centers? David Krejci, Ryan Spooner. They are both successful NHL centermen You know what they have in common. They both have an accurate wristshot just rarely use it. So does Matthew Barzal. When Barzal is ready, Bergeron and Krejci are about to retire. So you won't need a passing-first center that time?

As for the interviews, that is beyond ridiculous. You think you can know a person's charater in 5-10 minutes. 5-10 minutes to know if he is a reliable guy. If you believe that you can go **** yourself. All I know is a tweet by John Buccigross said after interview Kyle Connor was informed by the B's they would draft him if he were there. But they didn't. I can only suspect this boy didn't even know what he did that annoyed your beloved Lord Cam Neely. I have a question, did your scouts believe he is better. If so why didn't take him? You have four years to know him, to persuade him, to guide him, to build a strong relation with him. Even if he won't sign, he is your property. Do some people here bashing him know what property means? You can trade him, sell him to the bidders. If Winnepig want him, give Trouba back. Never should throw him like garbage. Did you see the laugh of Cheve after B's select the 3. Because he took advantage of you and laugh you as an idiot. He despise you in his heart. Now let me know how simple it is to make an actual and equal business with him about Jacob Trouba.

Barzal is not interviewed by the Islanders. I guess Garth Snow is very happy they find the 2nd guy behind John Tavares. You can sell him short as you wish, that is the truth. The skills shown in CHL, in WJC, in Pre-season, I have enough reasons to believe he has a long career barring injuries. Let's forget Barzal. You didn't see Connor's goal against Andrew Hammond? He has 3 goals in pre-season. All short-side sniper, the goalie didn't have any reactions. How many of you crying about a sniper for years? This is exactly B's are lacking now. But he is not here.

Even Konecny and Chabot show great promise in their short time. They were both great in post-draft season, in WJC. You didn't see Konecny's skills against Rangers' defense? Not OHL defense I don't really fault B's passing him like redbeard, because he is indeed a smallish center and passing by 9 times after B's pick, including his hometown team Ottawa twice. I'm not sold on Chabot because I believe he is another Keith Yandle. But I like Colin White. However any of them is a better choice than heartless Jakub Zboril and brainless Zachery Senyshyn. I try my best to give their my patience. But they do nothing giving me hope. They didn't dominating juniors like Krejci and Marchand. They didn't show promises in camp and jump into major like Lucic. I didn't even see the attitude like their fellow Jake DeBrusk. Only reason is some people here told us to believe. I tried for a season, but I gas out. I'm done

I know you can never wake up guys who pretend to sleep. They never open their eyes. So enjoy your day dream that Senyshyn is better or future 30 goals scorer. I remember when I watching WHC this year I said I feel sad about not picking Connor, then I got attacked by someone. I got attacked for speaking my true feeling. After I spent a year tracking them and rooting for them and supporting Don Sweeney. I was angry then. Now I don't even care any more. As you wish to attack me or something else you'd like

I still like some of the picks. I like all 3 WHL guys and Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson. I think Gabrielle-Karlsson-DeBrusk will be a hell of checking-line. Maybe they find their mojo to become Top 6. I don't know. Maybe Lauzon improves his defense game to become a Kristopher Letang. Like I said before if 2015 turn anything into 2006 draft I'm going to be insane. It's impossible to see all 8 or 10 guys become NHL players. It is your pipe dream. But as long as 2-3 become Top 6 or Top 4, like cores of 2008-2014 run, I'm happy. And I wish the best to Barzal and Connor. I know nothing change. I don't want to mention anything either. Just because some people keeping repeating the lies and excuses maybe only you believe yourselves.

I like Don Sweeney. I once supported him. I still think he is a good and honest man, unlike Cam Neely. But a good and honest man doesn't make you a good GM. Now my patience is running out. Why? It is about 15 months since Dougie Hamilton trade, 24 months since Johnny Boychuk trade. where is the defenseman. Bergeron and Marchand and Krejic and older. Chara is older. He know everything but so what. I know some of Chia's horrible mistakes but he still build a championship. And now it is Don and Cam's turn, what are you doing. Stop giving me the ******** excuses gentlemen. You believe it and leave to yourself, I don't believe it anymore. I want to see it. Who the **** give you the right to waste Marchand and Bergeron and Krejci's prime? Who the **** give you the right to dismantle a power house? Now even if he give us Seidenberg and Ference type D-man I will change. Otherwsie It is a long season. And maybe making our coach the scapegoat as they wish. Then he and Neely both will be gone. Maybe that day will be my sunshine.

bizman

Feb 27, 2009
montreal
LMAO watching someone bashing Barzal or Connor. Barzal is not small, he is 6'0. If he is small so is David Krejci. What's wrong with being a passing-first center? You know who are passing-first centers? David Krejci, Ryan Spooner. They are both successful NHL centermen You know what they have in common. They both have an accurate wristshot just rarely use it. So does Matthew Barzal. When Barzal is ready, Bergeron and Krejci are about to retire. So you won't need a passing-first center that time?

As for the interviews, that is beyond ridiculous. You think you can know a person's charater in 5-10 minutes. 5-10 minutes to know if he is a reliable guy. If you believe that you can go **** yourself. All I know is a tweet by John Buccigross said after interview Kyle Connor was informed by the B's they would draft him if he were there. But they didn't. I can only suspect this boy didn't even know what he did that annoyed your beloved Lord Cam Neely. I have a question, did your scouts believe he is better. If so why didn't take him? You have four years to know him, to persuade him, to guide him, to build a strong relation with him. Even if he won't sign, he is your property. Do some people here bashing him know what property means? You can trade him, sell him to the bidders. If Winnepig want him, give Trouba back. Never should throw him like garbage. Did you see the laugh of Cheve after B's select the 3. Because he took advantage of you and laugh you as an idiot. He despise you in his heart. Now let me know how simple it is to make an actual and equal business with him about Jacob Trouba.

Barzal is not interviewed by the Islanders. I guess Garth Snow is very happy they find the 2nd guy behind John Tavares. You can sell him short as you wish, that is the truth. The skills shown in CHL, in WJC, in Pre-season, I have enough reasons to believe he has a long career barring injuries. Let's forget Barzal. You didn't see Connor's goal against Andrew Hammond? He has 3 goals in pre-season. All short-side sniper, the goalie didn't have any reactions. How many of you crying about a sniper for years? This is exactly B's are lacking now. But he is not here.

Even Konecny and Chabot show great promise in their short time. They were both great in post-draft season, in WJC. You didn't see Konecny's skills against Rangers' defense? Not OHL defense I don't really fault B's passing him like redbeard, because he is indeed a smallish center and passing by 9 times after B's pick, including his hometown team Ottawa twice. I'm not sold on Chabot because I believe he is another Keith Yandle. But I like Colin White. However any of them is a better choice than heartless Jakub Zboril and brainless Zachery Senyshyn. I try my best to give their my patience. But they do nothing giving me hope. They didn't dominating juniors like Krejci and Marchand. They didn't show promises in camp and jump into major like Lucic. I didn't even see the attitude like their fellow Jake DeBrusk. Only reason is some people here told us to believe. I tried for a season, but I gas out. I'm done

I know you can never wake up guys who pretend to sleep. They never open their eyes. So enjoy your day dream that Senyshyn is better or future 30 goals scorer. I remember when I watching WHC this year I said I feel sad about not picking Connor, then I got attacked by someone. I got attacked for speaking my true feeling. After I spent a year tracking them and rooting for them and supporting Don Sweeney. I was angry then. Now I don't even care any more. As you wish to attack me or something else you'd like

I still like some of the picks. I like all 3 WHL guys and Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson. I think Gabrielle-Karlsson-DeBrusk will be a hell of checking-line. Maybe they find their mojo to become Top 6. I don't know. Maybe Lauzon improves his defense game to become a Kristopher Letang. Like I said before if 2015 turn anything into 2006 draft I'm going to be insane. It's impossible to see all 8 or 10 guys become NHL players. It is your pipe dream. But as long as 2-3 become Top 6 or Top 4, like cores of 2008-2014 run, I'm happy. And I wish the best to Barzal and Connor. I know nothing change. I don't want to mention anything either. Just because some people keeping repeating the lies and excuses maybe only you believe yourselves.

I like Don Sweeney. I once supported him. I still think he is a good and honest man, unlike Cam Neely. But a good and honest man doesn't make you a good GM. Now my patience is running out. Why? It is about 15 months since Dougie Hamilton trade, 24 months since Johnny Boychuk trade. where is the defenseman. Bergeron and Marchand and Krejic and older. Chara is older. He know everything but so what. I know some of Chia's horrible mistakes but he still build a championship. And now it is Don and Cam's turn, what are you doing. Stop giving me the ******** excuses gentlemen. You believe it and leave to yourself, I don't believe it anymore. I want to see it. Who the **** give you the right to waste Marchand and Bergeron and Krejci's prime? Who the **** give you the right to dismantle a power house? Now even if he give us Seidenberg and Ference type D-man I will change. Otherwsie It is a long season. And maybe making our coach the scapegoat as they wish. Then he and Neely both will be gone. Maybe that day will be my sunshine.

Wow. Now that's what I call a rant. The next few years should be quite interesting.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Please tell us how you really feel.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009

This is the stuff message board legends are made of. Great Rant. 10/10. Would read again

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
When Brandon Carlo was our 5th pick in that draft I had a serious feeling he'd turn out better than the guys drafted ahead of him and sure enough it looks like we hit big time on him but drafted pure crap with the 4 earlier picks. And lots on here shared that sentiment. DeBrusk as a Kobasew type is a spot on comparison someone made and Senny and Zboril will do well to not totally bust and play sub 200 NHL games at this point.

Senyshyn would be on the 4th line at BU if he was a college player based on his lackadaisical play this preseason. Not sure its even talent either he had decent hands and instincts guy just had a drive like Jimmy Hayes a day after he crushed 40 beers and was super hungover. No motor/heart.

Sometimes dumbass fans like me are smarter than the GM.

Luckily we are the best team at signing college free agents so we can go 0/3 with mid first round picks consecutively in the same draft but if Sweeney just went BPA Trouba is Bruins property right now courtesy of the 2015 draft. Instead we'll watch the Chara era end with McQuaid and K Miller getting exposed for playing bigger roles than they can handle.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
We turned Boychuk into Carlo, Lindgren, and cap savings. That's a solid deal.

Carlo is looking good. The only issue was the organization had no one to step in for Boychuk right away. Doesn't look like that will be the case soon though.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Back to the actual topic of the thread. Watched two of the three periods on YouTube, and was pleasantly surprised. I expected the end of the world based on some of the earlier GDT statements :laugh:

I thought Colin Miller was much more active (and better) in this game then the last one I watched (DET?). Also, I didn't think Rask was bad at all, and made a lot of nice saves. However, the guy that surprised me the most was Schaller. He's bigger than I expected, skated well, was good on the forecheck and looked like he could be a pretty solid 4th line player.

The lack of televised games in the preseason is very frustrating.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
I question what people are watching when I get back from a game and read comments

I get 90 % of player evaluations from other peoples opinions on this site.
I watch the B's when I can , but it is either on NBC or a stream, which is usually
pretty crappy.

So as I read gdt, for just about every player you get 50% of the posters say they had
a good game and the other 50% say they had a terrible game. Granted some posters you trust more than others.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Back to the actual topic of the thread. Watched two of the three periods on YouTube, and was pleasantly surprised. I expected the end of the world based on some of the earlier GDT statements :laugh:

I thought Colin Miller was much more active (and better) in this game then the last one I watched (DET?). Also, I didn't think Rask was bad at all, and made a lot of nice saves. However, the guy that surprised me the most was Schaller. He's bigger than I expected, skated well, was good on the forecheck and looked like he could be a pretty solid 4th line player.

The lack of televised games in the preseason is very frustrating.

Finally some Schaller support. :handclap:

People see him and think AHL grinder, but I think there is a reason he was targeted by Sweeney and signed on July 1st. Usually your AHL veteran filler guys are late July/early August type deals.

Bruins could do a lot worse for the 4th line LW/13th forward than a big guy who can play LW or C, be physical, take face-offs, kill penalties, decent defensively, has leadership qualities (Former Captain at Providence College), and isn't afraid to drop the gloves. He's almost 26, not much to gain by sending him down to the AHL.

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
I know it's preseason. But losing to Montreal all the time sucks. :rant:

What have the Bruins done to improve this team over the offseason that would make us expect different results from last year? Signing a 32 year old Backes to a team already deep with Center depth? Signing no defensemen of note to bolster the blueline?

If the B's fail to make the playoffs again, and looks like that will be the case, just clean house please.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I know it's preseason. But losing to Montreal all the time sucks. :rant:

What have the Bruins done to improve this team over the offseason that would make us expect different results from last year? Signing a 32 year old Backes to a team already deep with Center depth? Signing no defensemen of note to bolster the blueline?

If the B's fail to make the playoffs again, and looks like that will be the case, just clean house please.

So Sweeney should be fired because he didn't back up the Brinks truck to Jason Demer's door-step?

I'm glad he's shown restraint and not handed over a contract to Kris Russell yet.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
As annoying as it is to hear the FO and coaching staff allude to "trying to win a Championship" when I consider it an impossibility due to the defensive situation, I get why they're not making moves.

There is so much demand for D-men right now, and such a short supply of top tier-ready Dmen, that the only way another GM is giving you one is almost certainly if you make a regrettable overpayment.

Now, do I think this coaching staff has long overvalued their "loyal players" in guys like Krejci, Chara and (up until his contract ran out) Kelly? Yeah. But, kind of beside the point.

The only difference between Sweeney and co. and my viewpoint is that I'm willing to go through the pain for another couple years, while I think they do sort of delude themselves into thinking they can "get away" possibly with having a deplorable defense and make some sort of run. Regardless, I'm with them on refusing to overpay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad