Post-Game Talk: 10/4 - Preseason #5 - Montréal 4 BRUINS 3 F

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
splash.jpg

Bruins Roster vs. Montreal 10/4

FORWARDS: Noel Acciari, David Backes, Matt Beleskey, Patrice Bergeron, Austin Czarnik, Jake DeBrusk, Jimmy Hayes, David Krejci, Brad Marchand, David Pastrnak, Tyler Randell, Tim Schaller, and Ryan Spooner.

DEFENSEMAN:
Zdeno Chara, Christian Ehrhoff, Torey Krug, Adam McQuaid, Colin Miller, Kevan Miller, and Rob O'Gara.

GOALIES: Tuukka Rask and Malcolm Subban.

The game lineup (which is subject to change) will participate in a morning skate at 10:30 a.m. at Warrior Ice Arena, before traveling to Quebec City Tuesday afternoon. The non-game players will also participate in the morning skate.

Montreal English radio - http://www.iheartradio.ca/tsn/tsn-montreal

Last edited:

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
This is OUR 'home' game.

Which is a real slap in the face to season ticket holders being forced to pay full whack for the crap with AHLers last twice last week in addition to a third preseason game. Nice of them to put the Montreal game in a neutral arena and really stick it to us. I know in the past we have played Montreal at Centre Bell in preseason but Jeremy Jacobs hasn't ever given us a preseason game against them at home last 5-6 years thanks Jeremy.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I was hoping this would be televised, especially since it's in Quebec. It would be interesting to see the line combinations.

Glad they are letting Bergeron play in this game. I suspect there may be a large number of #37 jerseys in the stands. ;)

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Pre-Season Action, Bruins vs Habs 10/4/16 @ 7pm

Projected Lineup

Brad Marchand - Patrice Bergeron - David Pastrnak
Ryan Spooner - David Krejci - David Backes
Matt Beleskey - Austin Czarnik - Jimmy Hayes
Jake DeBrusk - Tim Schaller - Noel Acciari /Tyler Randell

Zdeno Chara - Colin Miller
Torey Krug - Kevan Miller
Christian Ehrhoff - Adam McQuaid

Tuukka Rask
Malcolm Subban

TV: RDS,
Local Broadcast: TBD

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
It is interesting. I wouldn't have thought of a Spooner-Krejci-Backes line, too many playmakers and not enough shooters for my liking, but you never know. Chemistry is a funny thing... Juneau-Oates was a terrific combo.

It's the patented Team Canada "wingers? We don't need no stinkin' wingers" approach. Hey, if it worked for Canada.... ;)

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
It is interesting. I wouldn't have thought of a Spooner-Krejci-Backes line, too many playmakers and not enough shooters for my liking, but you never know. Chemistry is a funny thing... Juneau-Oates was a terrific combo.

I think if Vatrano was healthy he gets that spot and Spooner goes to the 3rd line.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I think if Vatrano was healthy he gets that spot and Spooner goes to the 3rd line.

Agreed.

It also could be them testing the waters to see if Czarnik can fill Spooner's shoes for a year. If he looks strong, maybe it makes them more willing to part with Spooner in a deal.

For that matter, it could be them showcasing Spooner as a LW. Wonder if there will be any Ducks brass in attendance...

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Agreed.

It also could be them testing the waters to see if Czarnik can fill Spooner's shoes for a year. If he looks strong, maybe it makes them more willing to part with Spooner in a deal.

For that matter, it could be them showcasing Spooner as a LW. Wonder if there will be any Ducks brass in attendance...

I think Czarnik could beat Spooner out of a job this year--straight up. If there is a trade I expect Spooner to be a prime candidate to move.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
The Oates and Juneau combination lives on to this day via Sega Genesis systems around the world.

"Adam Oates is on a hot streak, but Andy Moog is off his game."

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

RPI connection, Engineers think alike? Makes sense to me:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad