GDT: 10/4: Bye Preseason! Boston Bruins vs. Detroit Red Wings 5:30PM ET NESN,NHLN,98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
2 games in 24 hours likely for Pastrnak and Spooner!
Pastrnak doesn't look ready yet but he sure is fun to watch out there.
Hope Spooner can have another great game at wing and force their hand.

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
If you have GCL try going to the NHL.com website and clicking on "watch now" when the game starts. It worked for me when the Bruins played the Islanders on Tuesday. I couldn't get it through my iPad but could on my desktop.

I will try that...thanks!

I have had GCL and CI for years but haven't signed up this year yet. I'm with Shaw and im hearing that they may be providing GCL free if you signed up for CI...not confirmed yet though...

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Per Weekend at Bergy's
Not sure how accurate as I haven't seen anything else regarding out lineup

PROJECTED LINEUP:

Pastrnak - Krejci - Eriksson
Marchand - Bergeron - Smith
Spooner - Soderberg - Fraser
Paille - Kelly - Gagné

Lucic, Robins (Scratches)

Chara - Hamilton
Boychuk - Seidenberg/Bartkowski (not sure who)
Krug - McQuaid

Rask
Svedberg

mrudds90

NYR
Jan 25, 2010
NJ
Hey guys. Couldn't find a roster discussion thread so I figured I'd just ask here. Just curious to what you'd expect the top 6 to be to start the year. Is Julien set on Looch, Krejci and Loui as the top line? I've read that Loui struggled to begin camp but seems as though hes settled in. Hoping for a bounce back year from him especially if hes playing with those two. Always been a big fan. Also. Now that Reilly finally signed, is he expected to play second line winger with March and Bergeron? Expecting a big year from the kid.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Well, we now know which two of Boychuk, Seidenberg, and Bart will be playing in the second pairing, if the Weekend at Bergy's lineup is accurate...*sigh*

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Hey guys. Couldn't find a roster discussion thread so I figured I'd just ask here. Just curious to what you'd expect the top 6 to be to start the year. Is Julien set on Looch, Krejci and Loui as the top line? I've read that Loui struggled to begin camp but seems as though hes settled in. Hoping for a bounce back year from him especially if hes playing with those two. Always been a big fan. Also. Now that Reilly finally signed, is he expected to play second line winger with March and Bergeron? Expecting a big year from the kid.

Marchand - Bergeron - Smith will be a line for sure. I'd expect Lucic - Krejci - Eriksson to almost certainly be one too. The one wrinkle could be Pastrnak.

Kranium

Mar 9, 2014
Arvika, Sweden
Is there in any way possible to watch the game tonight? I live in europe and nhl gamecenter here dont show any pre season games.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
Are we under the cap now?

And with JB gone we now can LTR Savard and be 4 million under with a bunch of picks to get who ever we need into the season or trade deadline.

I hate losing Boychuck absolutely hate it but there is no way to keep all your good players in the Nhl, he was the odd one out. With all the D prospects in waiting it made it easier to move him, #4 D is actually pretty easy to pick up at the deadline if you really need one.

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
Per Weekend at Bergy's
Not sure how accurate as I haven't seen anything else regarding out lineup

PROJECTED LINEUP:

Pastrnak - Krejci - Eriksson
Marchand - Bergeron - Smith
Spooner - Soderberg - Fraser
Paille - Kelly - Gagné

Lucic, Robins (Scratches)

Chara - Hamilton
Boychuk - Seidenberg/Bartkowski (not sure who)
Krug - McQuaid

Rask
Svedberg

Besides Boychuk, we are basically seeing the opening night roster right here. Obviously Pastrnak is out for Looch too.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
They haven't announced a contract for Gagne but I expect that to come.

Still not sold on him but I think he may come in more handy if there is injury on the top lines-he has been a good shooter in the past and can contribute if he stays healthy. Just not sure I picture him as a 4th liner but it worked for the Habs with Briere.

Dr Seldon

Mar 11, 2003
Stockholm, Sweden
why are they wasting money and a spot on gagne when there are so many youth who can take that spot!?!?!?!??!!?!?

Well, as Beyonder91 said, he's not signed yet. If they sign him they simply think that the chances of him coming back from his injury and time off to become a good NHL player is higher than one of the kids stepping up to NHL level. Right or wrong, only time will tell. The good thing however is that if he's signed and it doesn't work out, we still have the youths.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Boston Bruins ‏@NHLBruins
Lucic-Krejci-Eriksson
Marchand-Bergeron-Smith
Spooner-Soderberg-Pastrnak
Gagne-Kelly-Fraser

Chara-Hamilton
Bartkowski-Seids
Krug-McQuaid

Status