GDT: 10/4/19 Home Opener NBCSCA 7:30pm Sharks vs Vegas EK65 will play

Internazionale

Apr 24, 2007
Airdrie, AB
Didn't we see that last year then he had an incredible point streak?

He wasn't 100% healthy any point last year I believe. He also struggled mightily out of the gate. This year I think he will redeem himself and get off to a great start. Hope he can stay healthy throughout the season as well. Points will be aplenty.

Reactions: stator

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
SNOG
4-3 Vegas

W. Karlsson, Stone, Nosek, Mar-sha-show
Burns, Couture, Timo

Last edited:

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Remember when all of these guys were terribad? Whose soul did Vegas sacrifice to make ****ty players good?

Haha. It's MAF who bails them out. If they had a true expansion-draft caliber goalie (Think Sharks when they first entered the league), they'd be hot garbage.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Here's the thing, Fleury was trash before he left PIT too.

I get that, but how many expansion teams end up with a guy, goalie no less, who was the #1 overall pick from the best generational draft of the modern era? Point being, if anyone could turn it around, it's a guy like MAF.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Snog 6-5 sharks
Melker, heed, hertl, ek65, Thornton, goodrow
Vg: Karlssonx2, stonex2, carrier

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Here's the thing, Fleury was trash before he left PIT too.
Was he really trash though? He played well in the reg season and his final postseason games weren't bad. He had a few playoffs where he underperformed but was always decent in the reg season. The pens would have kept him if he made the same a murray

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Was he really trash though? He played well in the reg season and his final postseason games weren't bad. He had a few playoffs where he underperformed but was always decent in the reg season. The pens would have kept him if he made the same a murray

He had fine regular seasons, but I remember how bad he was after the '09 Cup until Murray took over. To be fair, his defenses at that time were hot garbage, but he was giving up awful goals at the wrong times and just wasn't consistent.

Hell, the best postseason they had until the next Cup was with Vokoun in net.

Jwec

Dec 21, 2015
Finland
He had fine regular seasons, but I remember how bad he was after the '09 Cup until Murray took over. To be fair, his defenses at that time were hot garbage, but he was giving up awful goals at the wrong times and just wasn't consistent.

Yes. And two postseasons between Vokoun in net and those cups were where Sidney Crosby and Egveni Malkin both underperformed mightily. Fleury were very good during those two playoffs and also 2017. Without Fleury there would be no 2017 Cup for Pens.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011

He was pretty mediocre from 2010-2016. Its impressive how he's revived his career.

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
5-4 Sharks. Sharks get a 5 minute PP late in the 3rd when Gambrell trips himself and hits his head on the boards busting himself open. Sharks score 4 goals.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Remember when all of these guys were terribad? Whose soul did Vegas sacrifice to make ****ty players good?

This isn’t really an accurate description of those players.

Hague was drafted by Vegas in 2017, about 15 spots above Mario Ferraro. He will be making his NHL debut tonight.

Engelland was always horrible, but he is one of the worst players in the NHL right now.
Theodore was a promising prospect who had shown well in limited NHL time. He’s definitely turned into an excellent defenseman.

Holden, McNabb, and Merrill are the same brand of mediocre that they always have been.

That defense is not good, and it will get exposed for as long as Schmidt is out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad