Bruins like making history lately

Only team to score 3 SH goals on a single PK
Only team to win Stanley Cup by playing three game 7s
Only team to score first goal of the season on a penalty shot

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
At least he didn't skate around in a circle like I've seen with many (albeit other) teams. Takes a bit until the Horton/Lucic bromance can be reproduced, im looking for signs.

Horton was much more useless in that regard. Iginla fights a tougher guy in his first game. I don't want Iginla getting in any scrums or fighting. I just want him to score goals.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Up and down game but great third period. Kelly and Bergeron were amazing. Eriksson had a good game. Didn't like him in the second but was good in the first and third.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Horton was much more useless in that regard. Iginla fights a tougher guy in his first game. I don't want Iginla getting in any scrums or fighting. I just want him to score goals.

I'm not looking for Iginla to fight every idiot out there but what I like seeing is a team that steps up for one another. I guess it is a bit of a stretch but I feel like teams who step up for one another, battle for one another, hurt for one another are championship type teams. Iginla took a step that I should have expected (knowing his career) but didn't so, in addition to the win, that makes me happy.

May be its just poetry though.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Caron 2 shots-if his goal counted he would have a good shooting percentage.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I'm not looking for Iginla to fight every idiot out there but what I like seeing is a team that steps up for one another. I guess it is a bit of a stretch but I feel like teams who step up for one another, battle for one another, hurt for one another are championship type teams. Iginla took a step that I should have expected (knowing his career) but didn't so, in addition to the win, that makes me happy.

May be its just poetry though.

Honestly not real bothered-no need for a line brawl-Iginla had a man and Looch can handle himself (honestly I think Looch would have much rather had the fight than the PP in that game).

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
They hit a little lull in the 2nd w/ their skating. Some hiccups moving the puck out w/ authority. Chemistry will come for the top two lines.

Filthy goal by Kelly, although I didn't see anything worth a call. Ri-****ing-diculous call on Caron's goal, inexcusable. Game never should have been close. I don't miss regular season officiating. Have to love the near two minute two man advantage call. Then Bergeron stuffing it up their lower intestine.

Love Iggy manning up.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Up and down game but great third period. Kelly and Bergeron were amazing. Eriksson had a good game. Didn't like him in the second but was good in the first and third.

Yes,overall,it was a good 1st game,although I have to admit I wasn't watching closely,it will take me awhile to ramp up my own intensity.I like the effort from Caron,although it is only one game, I am now personally hoping he becomes a regular on the 3rd line.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Honestly not real bothered-no need for a line brawl-Iginla had a man and Looch can handle himself (honestly I think Looch would have much rather had the fight than the PP in that game).

Smart hockey for sure. I liked a lot of this game and, for one reason or another, seem to lack an effective way of expressing that on this forum. I chalk it up to the multiple sluttly Pumkins

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Great to see Kelly playing with some mojo. Caron showing some good stuff - shoulda had a goal. Nice to see Iggy in the swing of things. That line looks good.

Nice win!

Sam the Lion

**** the Habs
Aug 7, 2005
Texas USA
Good thing Caron's goal was waved off. Kelly and Caron with the first two goals of the season would have caused HF Bruins universe to collapse into a confused and bickering little black hole.

Last edited:

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
I picked up a little of the game earlier, looks like Smith is fitting in on your lower lines.

How did Eriksson look during the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad