GDT: 10/29/16 - Wild vs Stars - 7 PM CT / 3 AM Finland - FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Wait, we won? With a shutout? I missed the game because of iRacing Le Mans 24h. Our race isn't going that well, but glad the Wild are performing!

Also,

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Just finished the game. 2nd period was bad, Stars got that early PP and looked like it lasted the whole period.

Graovac's reaction to his goal was great, pure joy. Sweet pass from Zucker to set it up. Bertschy with the 2nd apple gives him a point too.

Koivu's move to setup the shorty was something I didn't know he could do. Granny potted it (1st goal), but his best play was in the 3rd keeping possesion and pass from his knees.

Staal with a snipe, Suter with nice setup pass.

Nino's quick release on his goal, was as impressive as the location.

Maybe Prosser is sick of popcorn, he's coming to play every night. Didn't really like the Spurgeon/Prosser pair. I don't know why, just didn't like it. :dunno:

DUB!!!! nuf said.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
what was great about Koivu's move is that he instantly moved the puck to Granlund after the toe drag so he didn't have to break stride so HE could make a nice move. A lot of players make a move like that and want to hang on to the puck afterwards.

wonderful stuff.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Speechless. Ok, 1st that Koivu-Granny shorthanded goal was sooo smooth and filthy.

Then in the 2nd period Wild were genuinely outshot and everything. But it didn't feel we're in big trouble. Wild's game just looked a bit tacky, that's all. Big part probably goes to Duuuuuubs, because he's rock solid right now. Calm, great positionally, moving well, seeing the pucks, you can almost feel, sense and smell the confidence even on your own couch. Another part.. Wild were still defending well too, they kept most of the shots outside.

In the 3rd our lads, chaps and gaffers just went and outscored the Stars. Gotta enjoy this as long as it lasts!

Huge start of a season.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
I fell asleep after the 1st. Wake up, watch the highlights from dtmts.com (Don't tell me the score) and mind = blown. Another shutout!? Another 4-0 victory? What is this team and what has it done to our Minnesota Wild?

xT5LMHZXt8FQfWFFGU.gif

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
If there is one thing to improve upon in that game, it would be getting more shots on goal. But my gods, you can't argue with the result. Every one of the goals was a beauty (the Koivu-Granlund play made my jaw drop to such an extent that I didn't even say anything when it went in :amazed: ), and even though they were sitting back a little in the second, it really had more to do with Dallas putting their foot on the gas than the Wild taking theirs off, you know?

Anyway, let's hope they can keep this up :yo:

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
Hey guys - Zucker, Staal, Coyle on my waiver wire.. Can you rank them in terms of consistent production all season? I would rank it:

Coyle
Staal
Zucker

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
This season:

Staal
Coyle
Zucker

Staal and Coyle is pretty even, Zucker is a clear 3rd.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Hey guys - Zucker, Staal, Coyle on my waiver wire.. Can you rank them in terms of consistent production all season? I would rank it:

Coyle
Staal
Zucker

My order:
Staal
Coyle
Zucker

Only reason I have Staal over Coyle is the PP and Staal gets late game minutes on a line with Koivu. Otherwise those two are really close.

Zucker isn't getting the same minutes as the other two, and very little PP time.

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
The categories are:
G - 3
A - 2
+/- +1/-1
PIM - 0.5
PPP - 1
SHP - 1
SOG - 0.4

I have Seguin, Kunetznov, Johansen, Rask down the middle

I have Vanek, Wheeler, Marner, Drouin as my RW - of course some play multi-position

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
no doubt shutting out a high scoring team is impressive. im really not a dubnyk fan but he has been spectacular. im still concerned about the shots on goal and almost every game we've been out shot which imo translates to out worked. hopefully this means BB is getting the most out of our players.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
no doubt shutting out a high scoring team is impressive. im really not a dubnyk fan but he has been spectacular. im still concerned about the shots on goal and almost every game we've been out shot which imo translates to out worked. hopefully this means BB is getting the most out of our players.

That's not true at all. All shots are not created equal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad