GDT: 10/29/15 - 7:30PM EDT - Colorado VS Tampa Bay

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Looks like I didn't miss much last night, I do wonder what's up with our team but hopefully everything will be alright.

Saw some of the highlights though and man this save by Bishop...

[nhl]859279[/nhl]

On will just have to hope that when the team finally wakes up and starts to score that we will keep getting great goaltending.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Looks like I didn't miss much last night, I do wonder what's up with our team but hopefully everything will be alright.

Saw some of the highlights though and man this save by Bishop...

[nhl]859279[/nhl]

On will just have to hope that when the team finally wakes up and starts to score that we will keep getting great goaltending.

What's up with our team is pretty clearly a SCF hangover. Doesn't look to me like a lot of guys had great summers. There were periods in the early games where they seemed to just not care a whole lot. That's kind of gone away. I think they're giving a much better effort now, it's just they let themselves get so much behind that they're struggling to get up to speed. It's kind of similar to what happened to the Rangers last year, I think.

On the positive side, we've gotten a lot of points we didn't deserve.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
I was tweeting a bit last night from the parts of the game I was actually able to focus on that it's really hard to be getting up for games this early in the season, knowing the capabilities of this roster now. It's one thing to have a playoff roster; it's another to know it's capable of making a Cup run. It's actually a pretty big difference, in perception if nothing else, from last year into this year, and so even though 5-5-1 isn't anything good, it's hard for the alarm bells to sound for me. They also won't continue to score only one goal in nine periods of play. That's an absurdity. Varlamov was practically in God mode last night. They also haven't scored a goal in Chicago in 7.5 periods now. Figures that an offensive slump would start in the same place where one of those nuked the Final last season.

And in writing all of that, I destroyed the "on the other hand" part of this post, so...that's something. I agree that it does seem similar to the struggles New York had to begin last season; I wanna say New York was 11-10-4 through the first 25 games? That sounds about right. The Lightning were fortunate when they did face them last regular season; they were playing much better come the playoff meeting. Given that New York finished with 113 points or so, that means they picked up ~87 points over their last ~57 games. They found their on switch. I'm confident this team will, eventually, do the same. Many of these guys aren't used to only having three months away from hockey, from the end of one season to training camp of the next. And I also just think that...you played for the frigging Cup a few months ago? It's hard to find the same compete level for October hockey games against a rag-doll like Colorado. That's human nature at that point. I'm sure we've also been better on our controls when playing playoff games on NHL [insert year] than we were in the regular season games, too.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
The past three games have been so boring to watch imo. Tampa still has some speed but not what it should be and just isn't scoring and it's painful to watch. Boys better snap out of it

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
What's up with our team is pretty clearly a SCF hangover. Doesn't look to me like a lot of guys had great summers. There were periods in the early games where they seemed to just not care a whole lot. That's kind of gone away. I think they're giving a much better effort now, it's just they let themselves get so much behind that they're struggling to get up to speed. It's kind of similar to what happened to the Rangers last year, I think.

On the positive side, we've gotten a lot of points we didn't deserve.

Very similar to the Rangers. The boys are tired.

A little later in the season I wouldn't doubt things will pick up and we'll begin dominating everyone. As long as we stay in the top 4 in our conference we'll be fine.

To be honest, I HOPE we DON'T win the presidents trophy this year. That thing is nothing but bad luck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad