GDT: 10/28* spooky pre-halloween gdt the captain is back edition

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
Remember that year we went 4-1-1 on the redneck cowtipping road trip? We didnt end up close to playoffs (shocker). Not trying to be negative but keep your expectations in check by about 24 miles for your own health's sake.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Remember that year we went 4-1-1 on the redneck cowtipping road trip? We didnt end up close to playoffs (shocker). Not trying to be negative but keep your expectations in check by about 24 miles for your own health's sake.

What year was this? Unless it was two seasons ago I can't say I remember this.

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
if we are making judgments after 11 games, you are allowed to gloat if you simultaneously admit you were wrong about lack being better than ward (and about ward being a below average goalie)

ward is still a below average goalie statistically to this point though.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
ward is still a below average goalie statistically to this point though.

ok well then admit that ward is better than lack lol youre more obsessed with being right and other people knowing it than anyone i know

edit: sorry that was mean it was early and i was very cranky my apologies

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2013
I think they meant in terms of this year.

Ward
W-L-OTL: 4-4-0
GAA: 2.25
SV%: .912
SO: 1

Rask
W-L-OTL: 3-3-1
GAA: 3.29
SV%: .889
SO: 1

I know what he meant, but looking at a 10 game sample from goalies with hundreds of games played is completely meaningless.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
On top of Tuuka never getting the luxury of having elite shutdown pair "Gleason-Corvo" even for one season.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
We're talking about how Ward has played this year, no? I don't see how that wouldn't be relevant to the discussion.

We are, and it's not relevant to the discussion. But it's much easier to bring up irrelevant stats than it is to admit Ward has played well this year.

It's funny we use Rask as an example, since we actually have evidence of how a goalie's stats change playing behind the Bruins' defense compared to playing behind Carolina's defense.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
liles is playing pretty good hockey

hes likely the odd man out next year though

hopefully he keeps it up and we can get something good for him at the deadline

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad