GDT: 10/28* spooky pre-halloween gdt the captain is back edition

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Pesce is so damn good on the boards in his own end. When he puts some more bulk on, if he ever does, he's going to be a mammoth. So impressed with his poise this early on.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Cam up to .911.

This is usually how he plays right before a light fixture falls on his head, or a freak chainsaw accident cuts off a toe.

Last edited:

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Pesce is so damn good on the boards in his own end. When he puts some more bulk on, if he ever does, he's going to be a mammoth. So impressed with his poise this early on.

I mentioned this yesterday, it's truly unbelievable how good he's been on the boards. It stands out so much.

Also got his 1st NHL point without being on the ice at the time. I wonder how often that happens.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
They've definitely tailored this system to these players. When you look at the names of 2-7 on defense, what they've done is pretty amazing. Seems like they are never in their own zone, so whatever deficiencies it is they might have, they are rarely exposed.

I've been watching the out of town feeds, and the opposing announcers are all saying the same thing. They start the broadcast talking about chipping it deep and wearing down the young Canes D for 10 minutes, then the last 50 minutes is on how the puck comes right back out as soon as they get it in.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
I mentioned this yesterday, it's truly unbelievable how good he's been on the boards. It stands out so much.

Also got his 1st NHL point without being on the ice at the time. I wonder how often that happens.

I love when he doesn't have an outlet and pulls what looks like is the "oh **** pin it against the boards 1v1 panic" move, but then uses his body perfectly to pop out cleanly on the other side and becomes his own outlet. Pretty impressive **** from a 20 year old.

These past few games have been the only I've seen of Pesce, anyone that actually has watched him develop, is this what we should expect to see from him every game, or is he playing way above himself right now?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad