GDT: 10/28/17 - 7:00PM EDT - Anaheim vs Tampa Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
just one bad game. kinda expected when you are leading the league in almost everything.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Why pull the goalie if you are 3 goals down?
Well, it got us some nice pressure in their end and we qere not far from scoring. It's not likely that you'll score 3 but you never know.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
"The streak is over"

giphy.gif

6-1 at home. Stammer and Kuch streaks also end tonight

Reactions: Bozo Nicholson

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Think I’m just going to wait to see how long it takes someone to come up with a trade for budaj. Any suggestions?

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
A game like this was bound to happen, I'm not that mad. It's not like we were dominated by the Ducks. If we gave absolutely zero effort like we used to do last year or that Florida game, then I'd be pissed. Some stupid defensive plays as well as Budaj cost us this game. There was also some chances for us where we really should've scored. Gourde especially... he had all the time and space on that play but couldn't bury it. Now the question is how well can we recover from this loss.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I'll say this - if this is our worst game of the season, we're going to have a damn good season.

Didn't look great, backup could have played better, but we had chances and we didn't give up many. Toronto lost as well so we didn't lose any ground on them.

All in all, about as good as you can expect for a bad game.

Reactions: JoVel

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
We were due for a loss anyway, but we absolutely deserved to lose this one. Anaheim had an answer for everything we were trying to do.

Bandit Keith

Apr 5, 2016
Meh. Gibson made some ridiculous saves and Anaheim capitalized on their chances. Way she goes sometimes.

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Was giving Budaj the game a strategy thing or a give Vasy a night off thing?

This felt like how we used to play for Vasy when Bish was our starter.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Carlyle > Cooper? We couldn’t play to our strength (speed) all game.

This and this team has no clue how to remove a player blocking its goalie‘s vision. Pretty ridiculous.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Let's just get some revenge on Florida and then all will be right with the world.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
What an awful game and I would've said that even if we won. No flow to the game because the Ducks just grinded it out and credit to them, that's the way to beat us. Our skill couldn't take over the whole game. Wouldn't blame Budaj for that since on two goals he was completely screened and one deflected just in front of him. Wouldn't have mattered if we had Vasy in net because our offense couldn't get going the whole game.

We were due for a loss and I would rather lose to a western team. Lets get going again on Monday.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
What an awful game and I would've said that even if we won. No flow to the game because the Ducks just grinded it out and credit to them, that's the way to beat us. Our skill couldn't take over the whole game. Wouldn't blame Budaj for that since on two goals he was completely screened and one deflected just in front of him. Wouldn't have mattered if we had Vasy in net because our offense couldn't get going the whole game.

We were due for a loss and I would rather lose to a western team. Lets get going again on Monday.
So I was thinking of the first goal - yeah he was screened, but he was screened for awhile and made no effort to look around it.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Was giving Budaj the game a strategy thing or a give Vasy a night off thing?

This felt like how we used to play for Vasy when Bish was our starter.

This is what I've was thinking about, how we used to play well infront of Bish but pretty badly infront of Vasy in the past and how it's the same way now only now the team have adapted to Vasy, can't figure out how or why, maybe they struggle to adapt to more than one goalie's way of playing at once, or the goalies need to time to adapt to the rest of the team, who knows but it should be looked into I think.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
This is what I've was thinking about, how we used to play well infront of Bish but pretty badly infront of Vasy in the past and how it's the same way now only now the team have adapted to Vasy, can't figure out how or why, maybe they struggle to adapt to more than one goalie's way of playing at once, or the goalies need to time to adapt to the rest of the team, who knows but it should be looked into I think.
Bish and Vasi I can get - they are very different goalies both in how they stop pucks and how they play otherwise (obviously Bish's puck movement).

Vasi and Budaj? I mean, the difference I can see is Vasi almost always stops the first shot. He may give up some rebounds, but that first shot is almost always going to be stopped. So the focus is to clean up rebounds by the D. Budaj? He needs to see everything coming from a mile away - his lack of reflexes mean the D need to be more active in blocking/clearing lanes rather than clearing rebounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad