Post-Game Talk: 10/28/14 l Avs Lose In SO To Sharks

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
This puts them at 23 with Wilson still on the active roster. When Winchester comes back they'll just swap him with Wilson on the IR.

Not sure why they don't have Wilson on the IR since he'll be out a few weeks. He clearly wasn't going to be ready before the 7 days were up. Must be some kind of technicality in the CBA that benefits them or Wilson somehow. Or maybe he's their new plan for an emergency 3rd goalie. :laugh:

The way Wilson's career has gone they should just put him on LTIR and get some cap space for crying out loud the guy is bound to get hurt when he attempts his 3853rd come back

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
They don't put someone on IR until they need the roster spot typically.

Yea that makes sense when there's an outside chance they'll be avialable before the 7 days is up. It's pretty clear Wilson won't. You're just delaying the inevitable by waiting. Must be some other small reason unless they're just lazy and don't feel like doing it right now. :laugh:

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Had some time today so I decided to watch Redmond this past game. Keep in mind I am no expert. And it looks like I skipped over one shift.

Number of positive plays (little things such as a smart dump in, being able to carry the puck for a dump in, little poke check disrupting flow of a rush, etc)- 25

Number of negative plays (little things like losing a 50/50 puck battle, not so smart decisions with the puck, misplaying the puck, bad chips up the ice, etc)- 14

Very good plays- 5- one big block 1 on 1 in front of net after a turnover, a couple steals and a block leading to quick transition up ice, a really good shot pass into traffic that should have been tipped by a teammate (2guys were in great position for it)

Bad plays- 3- gave up a couple decent (but not amazing) scoring chances, and that tripping penalty

9 good shifts
5 poor shifts
4 pretty evenly mixed

member 116861

Had some time today so I decided to watch Redmond this past game. Keep in mind I am no expert. And it looks like I skipped over one shift.

Number of positive plays (little things such as a smart dump in, being able to carry the puck for a dump in, little poke check disrupting flow of a rush, etc)- 25

Number of negative plays (little things like losing a 50/50 puck battle, not so smart decisions with the puck, misplaying the puck, bad chips up the ice, etc)- 14

Very good plays- 5- one big block 1 on 1 in front of net after a turnover, a couple steals and a block leading to quick transition up ice, a really good shot pass into traffic that should have been tipped by a teammate (2guys were in great position for it)

Bad plays- 3- gave up a couple decent (but not amazing) scoring chances, and that tripping penalty

9 good shifts
5 poor shifts
4 pretty evenly mixed

Thanks for the stats!

I don't know how this gets you scratched over Guenin.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Maybe that's not good? Not sure how it compares to anyone else really.

The thing I like about him is that his mistakes are not ones that are drastic. If he turns it over its in a safe spot in the ice. The plays he gets beat on don't result in amazing chances because he has the skating to make up for it. Like that one play were the pass went off the boards and the guy goes around him for an uncontested shot from the side. Decent scoring chance, but had that been Guenin or Stuart or Holden or Hedja that guy is driving to the net.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Landeskog had three centers last game (MacKinnon, Mitchell, Duchene). Roy's looks calm but he's desperately trying to find something, anything, that works.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad