GDT: 10/27/15 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ St. Louis

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Garbage officiating helped make sure we never got on track. Still, could've played or at least passed a lot better.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
So much wrong with this game. Where do I even start... for the first time this year I can actually say that Sustr/Carle wasn't our biggest problem.

Filppula was hot dog **** the whole night. Just played into the trap and generated nothing. I THINK he had a shot but I'm not even sure. Unless he was out there for that prolonged surge in the offensive zone with Killorn then I have no recollection of him doing anything.

Tyler Johnson needs a night to de-stress. He's not dogging it like the first few games but he is self destructing out there. Turnovers, bad passes, bobbling the puck and overskating. The only thing he's missing is a bad hair day and a few missing teeth. Until he gets it going we are going to continue to struggle. I have a hard time deciding if he wasn't the worst player on the ice instead of Filppula. He's just killing us out there.

Drouin was hot and cold and looked totally lost after a while. Try as they might Callahan and Stamkos fell off a cliff by the 3rd and played off of instinct instead method because Kenny decided he was gonna go full trap on us.

Stralman was sloppy but had an ok game, the 4th line was awesome until about halfway through until they too went off of instinct instead of method and got away from what made them successful.

Horrible, horrible game. Scott ****ing Gomez sunk our battleship on a deflection.

This team needs to figure out how to beat a trap. We would win about 10 games in an 82 game schedule if we played trap teams only for the year.

Klutch86

Dec 27, 2014
2 goals in 5 games for the 1st line. Still think Drouin should be the center with Stam. Tired of Stamkos firing passes into skates that line is no Bueno.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I can see some silver lining. Carle played 14:30 and Sustr played right around 11 minutes. Nesterov got almost 16 minutes - while he made some mistakes, he at least looked dynamic out there. He may officially pass them on the depth chart soon.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Nesterov has talent but like Namestnikov he has problems against bigger players who just ragdoll him and he panics under hard forechecks, it's not too bad because he's more of a 3rd pairing Dman.

Man I still can't get over seeing Ott dominate Sustr on that one shift, he checked him hard from one side, made Sustr cough up the puck, ran right past him to the other side and hit him again then stole the puck back. Steve ****ing Ott looked like prime Forsberg there.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I take one night off and you guys let THIS happen. :shakehead

I'm putting feelers out for value on Xenophobia Catalyst. This board needs a shakeup.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I catched the first period before I fell back to sleep. Thankfully so. You can see now how much TKO carried us last year and it's pretty scary. Now when they suck there's no one to pick up the slack.

I agree they look entitled but you didn't win anything yet. Get your head down, work your ass off, stop taking anything for granted and the results will come just like last year. Talent doesn't suddenly disappear.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay

I'm putting feelers out for value on Xenophobia Catalyst. This board needs a shakeup.

I second this trade. It didn't work out last year, but maybe that's because the package wasn't good enough. Whats the package going to be this year?

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I second this trade. It didn't work out last year, but maybe that's because the package wasn't good enough. Whats the package going to be this year?

Teams not doing well, his value is low right now, we'd need to take a capdump coming back. XC and a 7th for Mulletman?

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Well, one thing in his favor is he's near the top of the Daily Pick Em on the main boards. Any fanbase who needs a strong presence on the NHL board would kill to have him. My optimal trade targets:

Mad Brills [sic?] - HFLeafs poster (I'm assuming) Makes trade threads in staccato bursts and for multiple teams. Favors JvR heavily. Could really bolster our Trade Board presence by spamming threads about trading Alex Killorn or maybe Ryan Callahan instead of JvR.

Raspewtin - Wanted him on the team since the Rangers were in the SCF. Favors feisty, terse posting. Believes in analytics, and HATES Girardi. With McDonagh in an apparent 2nd slump, shouldn't be too hard to convince him to waive any trade or movement clauses.

Machinehead would be another good one from HFNYR.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
****** effort from everyone but Bishop.

Something needs to change, not normal to get shut out 2 games in a row.
I would try to break up the triplets momentarily to try to get everyone going (and then reunite them).

Palat-Stamkos-Drouin
Killorn-TJ-Kuch
Names-Boyle-Callahan
Condra-Paquette-Brown

TBL12345

May 19, 2015
NY, NY
Stamkos-Drouin-Kucherov [DO IT]
Namestikov-Johnson-Palat
Killorn-Fillipula-Callahan
Paquette-Boyle-Condra

OR COMPLETELY SPLIT UP TKO FOR NOW:

Stamkos-Drouin-Kucherov [STILL DO IT, PLEASE, I AM SERIOUS]
Namestikov-Johnson-Callahan
Killorn-Fillipula-Palat
Paquette-Boyle-Condra

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
2 goals in 5 games for the 1st line. Still think Drouin should be the center with Stam. Tired of Stamkos firing passes into skates that line is no Bueno.

With the amount of times Cooper has broken them up, that is not bad really, especially when two of those games no one scored. But to make some changes, I dunno, maybe...

Palat - Stamkos - Kucherov
Drouin - Johnson - Callahan
Paquette - Namestikov - Condra
Killorn - Flip - Boyle

Last edited:

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Something definitely needs to change. Getting shutout twice in a row with the offense we have is unacceptable even if both were against good teams.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary

Teams not doing well, his value is low right now, we'd need to take a capdump coming back. XC and a 7th for Mulletman?

I had a strong playoffs but am having a hard time finding my touch so far this year. I am basically TyJo. Just give me a few more games to find a groove...

raining_david_tennant_nosedrip.gif

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
More of a testament to Guds and Bishop than the defense.

Eh - I think the D was largely solid. At least in this game, we limited chances and didn't have too many turnovers after we settled into the game.

The most amazing thing to me is Nesterov had that awful, brutal, Carle-esque turnover in the second. He played 6 minutes in the third. I don't know if Nesterov has some compromising photos of Coop or what, but I did not expect that.

Edit: Also, of course I'm fine with shipping off XC. Negative value poster - I've said it for years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad