GDT: 10/27/13 "Governor's Pardon" Lightning @ Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erick*

What? Don't deserve it. They bust there ass trying to please the fans and win every night. Yea its obvious they aren't' winning or doing very will but please to say there not trying just says how arrogant some people are.

Do they?

Sykwitit

Mar 2, 2013
I'm pretty sure any player would tell you that they would rather the fans be upset about losing than us giving them virtual pats on the ass after every loss.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I have never cheered for slackers in sports and I'm not going to start anytime soon. That said, this is my team and I have to patience to wait it out.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Who? :laugh: I think everyone realizes by now that this team is not good. And it's pretty sad considering that the season is only 12 games old.

As for spam, last I checked, it's legal for fans to voice displeasure on message boards. What's the point of a message board? Are we supposed to agree all the time?

I BRING LOVE!!
tumblr_ma5axtt5qm1rgpuuho1_400.gif

Gordonx11

#CatsAreComing
Jan 21, 2013
Kansas City, MO
There are obvious slackers on this team right now. That's just a painful fact. A reminder of how far they have to go. Fans are going to wonder why this is happening on a team with a talented pipeline.

Who? Tell me who is slacking. Versteeg? You try breaking your leg and playing like you used to 12 games into the season. The game is a lot faster than you think sir. Simple plays take a lot out of you, in fact more than you probably think. So don't call anyone a slacker because you don't know what it feels like.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Who? Tell me who is slacking. Versteeg? You try breaking your leg and playing like you used to 12 games into the season. The game is a lot faster than you think sir. Simple plays take a lot out of you, in fact more than you probably think. So don't call anyone a slacker because you don't know what it feels like.

It's not about me trying to do what they do. That's their job and no, I have no sympathy for losers in professional sports because I don't have to. I watch the games to see them win. I'm not into soap operas.

It's pretty obvious who's slacking on this team. Throwing names out every game is tiresome.

Gordonx11

#CatsAreComing
Jan 21, 2013
Kansas City, MO
Some guys have more athleticism than others. That's a ****ing simple fact. I bet if any of you went out there it would "look" like your not trying or giving any effort.

Erick*

Even if they are trying their hardest which they're probably not considering they've already been blown out on more than one occasion, are we supposed to be ok with decent efforts every night? It seems like a mediocre mentality to me.

The excitement over our "prospects" wasn't that they'd lead us to better efforts in the future.

The bottom line is that this team is not improving at all. The promises of the past few years are starting to look like some more broken promises with each passing game.

As for Versteeg, there is a simple solution for Mr. Beautiful Mouthpiece. If he's not 100%, maybe he shouldn't play. Realistically though, he is 100% or close to it and is just playing like an idiot because that's who he's always been. That's why he's already been traded three times and that's why every fanbase before us warned us about him.

Gordonx11

#CatsAreComing
Jan 21, 2013
Kansas City, MO
It's not about me trying to do what they do. That's their job and no, I have no sympathy for losers in professional sports because I don't have to. I watch the games to see them win. I'm not into soap operas.

It's pretty obvious who's slacking on this team. Throwing names out every game is tiresome.

One thing you can't improve is how fast you get tired. Some people can go and go for hours and some peoples bodies can't do that. I'm sorry but to assume that someone is not giving there full effort is just wrong.

Erick*

Some guys have more athleticism than others. That's a ****ing simple fact. I bet if any of you went out there it would "look" like your not trying or giving any effort.

And I bet we wouldn't get millions of dollars for it either.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado

Yes. They are a bad team. The good part about it is most of them can be replaced and probably will.

SufferingCatFan

Apr 6, 2008
fort lauderdale
It is not lack of trying. It is lack of talent.

On defense, 3 of our top 7 are unsigned players that made it via try-out route. Our goalie is a rookie. On offense, our top 2 centers are rookies and we have 2 try -out players and Gomez, who signed late for very cheap.

No team in the NHL, to my knowledge has more vets, signed late and for cheap than us. If you include Thomas, 33% of our roster consists essentially of vets no one else wanted. Enough said.

Gordonx11

#CatsAreComing
Jan 21, 2013
Kansas City, MO

On defense, 3 of our top 7 are unsigned players that made it via try-out route. Our goalie is a rookie. On offense, our top 2 centers are rookies and we have 2 try -out players and Gomez, who signed late for very cheap.

No team in the NHL, to my knowledge has more vets, signed late and for cheap than us. If you include Thomas, 33% of our roster consists essentially of vets no one else wanted. Enough said.

Yes, this. How many times have we dominated through hard work but not been able to hit the net. That's not a lack of trying just a lack of skill which is why other teams seem to score on only a few chances.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado

They were ghetto at best to start. I knew that going into the season. If what you see on the ice is 150% effort nightly, it's probably easier for you to watch than some.

Erick*

I think the point is that even if the effort is good (which is debatable), that alone shouldn't be acceptable.

It shouldn't be acceptable to suck every year.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I don't need 40 different angles of a turd to see that it's a turd. I can just understand others frustrations. In the end, sports is about wins and losses and this team over the years, boy let me tell you... Linear as it is, some people don't sign up for the soap opera part of the game.

Sykwitit

Mar 2, 2013
Lol NHL posts clips of ristolanien scoring his 1st on us and now stamkos making markstrom look dumb, they really love to **** on this team but I guess its well deserved

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I think the point is that even if the effort is good (which is debatable), that alone shouldn't be acceptable.

It shouldn't be acceptable to suck every year.

Well to be fair the team picked up other teams´garbage during the summer/end of training camp, threw them together and hoped something good would come out of it. Hard to argue about effort not being there when it doesn´t take a genius to see how lacking the team building has been. And that´s not pointing fingers at anyone, just the reality.

Ruston*

Well to be fair the team picked up other teams´garbage during the summer/end of training camp, threw them together and hoped something good would come out of it. Hard to argue about effort not being there when it doesn´t take a genius to see how lacking the team building has been. And that´s not pointing fingers at anyone, just the reality.

I don't imagine Tallon fans care much for this post.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
I don't imagine Tallon fans care much for this post.

It must be pointed out that an ownership change occurred during the off-season that most certainly had something to do with the lack of quality signings. Plus, we already have baggage that has zero trade value. We can't just continue to sign players on top of what we have because the other players didn't work out. They have to go somewhere too. It's just a rough situation. Not willing to put this off-season on Tallon's hands -- and I am neutral on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad