Pre-Game Talk: 10/26 8:00 PM - GAME #7 - BRUINS at New York Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Great. Didn't realize this was an NBC game. Now the whole world gets to experience **** on ice.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Hoping Zane gets the start tonight.

I don't blame Sweeney one bit. He was proactive in signing a reliable backup goalie, and assumed Mac and Subban could handle any backup duties should someone go down.

It sucks but what can you do?

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I'm scared. I didn't expect last night to go well but better than it did. And not expecting much tonight from the D or whoever they start in net but the offense needs to get their **** together. Unacceptable

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

They are saying he'll be out for about two more games.

Czarnik back up.

Wonder if this means Jimmy Hayes will finally sit.

Which would be a kick in the %@$@# for Jimmy, going up against his bro and his BFF Vesey.

And what the blazes is an Olecranon Bursa?

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
So Vesey's dad was right...coaching is a concern in Boston. Good on Vesey for not rushing into things. Could you imagine him playing with this disaster of a team?

You clearly have not been smoking a high enough quality of crack. It was one game. We've seen what they're capable of. We've seen the bad side of that too. We all knew this season was going to be like this this year. Anyone looking at the team logically instead of emotionally should be able to see the path they are on and that it is going to take 2-3 years to really start to see it pay itself off. Sit back and enjoy the ride, it's going to be a bumpy one but I think in the end, we are celebrating another Cup in Boston within 3-5 years. Two in my lifetime? I'm ok with that.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Czarnik back up.

Wonder if this means Jimmy Hayes will finally sit.

Which would be a kick in the %@$@# for Jimmy, going up against his bro and his BFF Vesey.

And what the blazes is an Olecranon Bursa?

Bursae are thin, slippery sacs located throughout the body that act as cushions between bones and soft tissues. They contain a small amount of lubricating fluid that allows the skin to move freely over the underlying bone.

The olecranon bursa lies between the loose skin and the pointy bone at the back of the elbow called the olecranon.

Normally, the olecranon bursa is flat. If it becomes irritated or inflamed, more fluid will accumulate in the bursa and bursitis will develop.

Surgical Treatment

Surgery for infected bursa. If the bursa is infected and it does not improve with antibiotics or by removing fluid from the elbow, surgery to remove the entire bursa may be needed. This is often an inpatient procedure, meaning you will need to stay overnight in the hospital. This surgery may be combined with further use of oral or intravenous antibiotics.

The bursa usually grows back as a non-inflamed, normally functioning bursa over a period of several months.

Surgery for noninfected bursa. If elbow bursitis is not a result of infection, surgery may still be needed if nonsurgical treatments do not work. In this case, surgery to remove the bursa is usually performed as an outpatient procedure. The surgery does not disturb any muscle, ligament, or joint structures.

Recovery. Your doctor will apply a splint to your arm after the procedure to protect your skin. In most cases, casts or prolonged immobilization are not necessary.

Although formal physical therapy after surgery is not usually needed, your doctor will recommend specific exercises to improve your range of motion. These are typically permitted within a few days of the surgery.

Your skin should be well healed within 10 to 14 days after the surgery, and after 3 to 4 weeks, your doctor may allow you to fully use your elbow. Your elbow may need to be padded or protected for several months to prevent reinjury.

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00028

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Glad Czarnik is being called up even if it means Backes is out another game or two. Czarnik was doing well before that concussion and hopefully the cobwebs are gone.

Nobody in their right mind would have predicted that both goalies would go down with injuries at about the same time, leaving two AHLers to hold the fort until one of them can return. But it is what it is & they (and we) will just have to ride it out.

Dr Danglefest

Lindros|Giroux|Krug
May 29, 2010
THE SouthShore, MASS
3-2 Bruins...after the game half of the negative Nancys dispositions shift and act like they "knew it all along" and the other half stick to their guns and continue to be down on the Bruins, a stance they will attempt to hold to the entire season, no matter how good the Bruins record potentially becomes

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Bursae are thin, slippery sacs located throughout the body that act as cushions between bones and soft tissues. They contain a small amount of lubricating fluid that allows the skin to move freely over the underlying bone.

The olecranon bursa lies between the loose skin and the pointy bone at the back of the elbow called the olecranon.

Normally, the olecranon bursa is flat. If it becomes irritated or inflamed, more fluid will accumulate in the bursa and bursitis will develop.

Surgical Treatment

Surgery for infected bursa. If the bursa is infected and it does not improve with antibiotics or by removing fluid from the elbow, surgery to remove the entire bursa may be needed. This is often an inpatient procedure, meaning you will need to stay overnight in the hospital. This surgery may be combined with further use of oral or intravenous antibiotics.

The bursa usually grows back as a non-inflamed, normally functioning bursa over a period of several months.

Surgery for noninfected bursa. If elbow bursitis is not a result of infection, surgery may still be needed if nonsurgical treatments do not work. In this case, surgery to remove the bursa is usually performed as an outpatient procedure. The surgery does not disturb any muscle, ligament, or joint structures.

Recovery. Your doctor will apply a splint to your arm after the procedure to protect your skin. In most cases, casts or prolonged immobilization are not necessary.

Although formal physical therapy after surgery is not usually needed, your doctor will recommend specific exercises to improve your range of motion. These are typically permitted within a few days of the surgery.

Your skin should be well healed within 10 to 14 days after the surgery, and after 3 to 4 weeks, your doctor may allow you to fully use your elbow. Your elbow may need to be padded or protected for several months to prevent reinjury.

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00028

Well you learn something new every day.

This doesn't sound terribly promising for Backes.

Thanks Wally!

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
What do you even say about this game.

This team is dis-interested again this early in the season is a hard sell.

They traded away talent and kept the grinding plugs and now it is all coming to fruition, just like the fans new it would.

Time to get rid of dead weight and the coach, because what else can you do, oh wait its the Bruins, so lets just keep doing the same thing for the last 2 years plus.

I like Claude, but every coach runs their course and his style just isn't cutting it in today's new NHL.

Go Cubbies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
we get to see Vesey and McIntyre- should be interesting.

Worst that can happen is we lose and the Internet GM's tell us how smart they are

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
What do you even say about this game.

This team is dis-interested again this early in the season is a hard sell.

They traded away talent and kept the grinding plugs and now it is all coming to fruition, just like the fans new it would.

Time to get rid of dead weight and the coach, because what else can you do, oh wait its the Bruins, so lets just keep doing the same thing for the last 2 years plus.

I like Claude, but every coach runs their course and his style just isn't cutting it in today's new NHL.

Go Cubbies.

His style?? Tell me what his style is.If you think Bruins will find a better coach then him out there right now your mistaken.Leafs have blown 3 games in 3rd with leads and were blown out last night vs Tampa.That mean they need new coach as well? Temper your Cup aspirations this year you might be ok.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Eh. Even with Rask and Khudobin healthy, winning two games back-to-back is a tall order. With them gone, I'm definitely okay with losing both games...IFF they play well otherwise.

I was okay with the first period yesterday, but those last two periods were an absolute *********. If it's more of the same, the team is going to go down the tubes, and fast.

Not looking forward to this game at all. I may even record it and watch the World Series (regular or of Poker, not sure which) instead.

Side note: home sellout 300 is scheduled to be against the Jackets very soon. I wonder if that milestone's going to be in jeopardy...they have a shoo-in Rangers weekend game, but also have to weather a Buffalo game on Monday.

Healthy Wrap

May 15, 2014
Neely’s Kitchen
Not feeling too confident about this one, but I must say, the post-Thanksgiving game against the Rangers last year was the Bruins' best performance of 2015-2016. They outwilled NY during the final few minutes of that game. It was a vintage Bruins win and I can only hope they play with half as much passion tonight. Somebody ****ing hit somebody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad