Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
dh7ODxL.jpg

The Bruins are already at their Manhattan hotel and we will see what news comes from the morning skate at MSG.

http://www.foxsports.com/nhl/story/bruins-goaltending-decimated-ahead-of-clash-with-rangers-102616

The Boston Bruins are visiting Madison Square Garden to face the New York Rangers on Wednesday night with their goaltending in disarray.

Perennial Vezina Trophy candidate Tuukka Rask is listed as day-to-day with an undisclosed injury and primary backup Anton Khudobin is out three weeks with an upper-body injury. Faced with an unenviable decision, Bruins coach Claude Julien turned to 22-year-old Malcom Subban against the Minnesota Wild on Tuesday night and watched his young netminder allow three goals on 16 shots in a 5-0 loss.

Julien yanked Subban midway through the second period, but 24-year-old Zane McIntyre yielded two goals on 17 shots.

"It sucks," Subban said to the media after the game. "You want to at least try to finish the game, let alone win one. You look at what you could have done. Quick turnaround tomorrow. We play the Rangers. I just have to try to correct my mistakes next game."

Rask's day-to-day tag means he could be back Wednesday, but if he's not, either Subban or McIntyre will be thrown to the wolves to face one of the NHL's fastest and top offensive teams.

The Rangers are averaging 3.67 goals per game, the third-best mark in the early stages of the season. Their speed could give them an edge against a slower Bruins team playing the second half of a back-to-back set on the road.

At this point it would be suicide to rush Rask back for tonight and instead hope he is ready to play in Detroit on Saturday in a division game. Zane McIntyre should get the start and if he at least plays the entire game it is a moral victory for the Bruins.

Subban has not mentally recovered from his injury last season and perhaps never will.

I am not looking forward to this one at all.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
dh7ODxL.jpg

The Bruins are already at their Manhattan hotel and we will see what news comes from the morning skate at MSG.

http://www.foxsports.com/nhl/story/bruins-goaltending-decimated-ahead-of-clash-with-rangers-102616

At this point it would be suicide to rush Rask back for tonight and instead hope he is ready to play in Detroit on Saturday in a division game. Zane McIntyre should get the start and if he at least plays the entire game it is a moral victory for the Bruins.

Subban has not mentally recovered from his injury last season and perhaps never will.

I am not looking forward to this one at all.
I am. We saw this team make a comeback and win a game in the 3rd period which was something they weren't able to do last season. After their game against the Wild, this game will show what kind of team they are this year. Are they going to sulk in their previous loss and continue to play the same way they did against the Wild? Or are they going fix their wrongs and show up like they did in the earlier games this season? In my opinion, even if it results in a loss, this game will shows us what type of character this team has.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I am. We saw this team make a comeback and win a game in the 3rd period which was something they weren't able to do last season. After their game against the Wild, this game will show what kind of team they are this year. Are they going to sulk in their previous loss and continue to play the same way they did against the Wild? Or are they going fix their wrongs and show up like they did in the earlier games this season? In my opinion, even if it results in a loss, this game will shows us what type of character this team has.

I hope you are right because I am taking the Acela down to NY later this morning to work the game.

It would be nice to score the first goal in a game sometime this year :laugh::cry:

AlpineLager

The way she *** goes
Jul 4, 2007
New Brunswick
Perennial vezina candidate? Hmmm.

Anyway, how good is Vesey going to feel about his decision after we get lit up a second game in a row?

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
So Vesey's dad was right...coaching is a concern in Boston. Good on Vesey for not rushing into things. Could you imagine him playing with this disaster of a team?

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
So Vesey's dad was right...coaching is a concern in Boston. Good on Vesey for not rushing into things. Could you imagine him playing with this disaster of a team?

Of course. A team lacking both its goalies + already with injuries that meant missing time for very significant players + the line with the center that last year had 15 points in 10 games, this year good for 0 goals 2 assists and a combined -17 = coaching problem.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

I don`t think they are going to "sulk" " and continue to play the same way they did" but I think they`ll be, once again, over matched by a much better team and expose the holes the B`s have

Combine that with 2 goalies, neither whom I`m convinced have been able to comfortably declare themselves the #1 in the AHL, Backes out of the lineup, Quaider in, who looked, predictably awful last night...this has the makings of being uglier than last night in all honesty

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Of course. A team lacking both its goalies + already with injuries that meant missing time for very significant players + the line with the center that last year had 15 points in 10 games, this year good for 0 goals 2 assists and a combined -17 = coaching problem.

How much longer are pundits going to defend this guy...he's a part of the problem maybe a big part of the problem. Sorry but I do question his very questionable player personnel decisions...Some are pretty darn obvious.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
How much longer are pundits going to defend this guy...he's a part of the problem maybe a big part of the problem. Sorry but I do question his very questionable player personnel decisions...Some are pretty darn obvious.

look at the talent on the ice my friend. While I too don`t like his personnel decisions from time to time, continually rolling out Hayes/Beleskey, who`s in Providence right now that would prove to be a big improvement?

DeBrusk/Czarnik? I love watching kids get their chance, but neither, IMO, would improve the fate of this team right now. As Dennis Green once stated (paraphrase), they are who we thought they are

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site

I agree 100%

Morrow was playing pretty good.....scratched for McQuaid who not only is completely useless, he almost killed Krejci last night.

Czarnik had a very good pre-season....sent to Providence so Nash, Hayes, Schaller can play.

Debrusk looked good in pre-season....sent to Providence so Nash, Hayes, Schaller can play.

Claude still rolls out PP1 with 4 Centers.....uhhh PP2 is left lost and without a setup man or face-off man.

Speaking of PP1, is there any other team on the planet that leaves their 2 best snipers (marchand/pastrnak) off the first unit?

For all the good Claude has done for this franchise he has gone real stale and this team needs a new set of eyes, a different approach behind the bench. Bruins have lost 9 straight at the TD Garden against their most bitter rival. This alone warrants a firing.

And finally, it's time to demote Beleskey to line 4 or the press box. He has been worse than Hayes this year ffs.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I don't remember NOT looking forward to a game this much in my life.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
We'll see what this team is made of tonight, they lay another egg... Claude is in trouble

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Claude is in trouble no matter what.

The writing is on the wall. I am not sure Butch and the crew are much better.

Nothing has really changed from the past few years.

Players look disinterested and we are just starting the season.

Claude's record against the Habs alone is something of a mystery itself.:cry:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
We'll see what this team is made of tonight, they lay another egg... Claude is in trouble

They need a win here.

It's not to early to look at the standings.

1st, 3rd, and 4th overall in the entire league are in the Atlantic Division (Montreal, TB, Detroit).

Ottawa is 10th overall.

How steep will that hill be by Thanksgiving?

Will Claude still be here to help climb that hill? I have my doubts.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Claude is in trouble no matter what.

The writing is on the wall. I am not sure Butch and the crew are much better.

Nothing has really changed from the past few years.

Players look disinterested and we are just starting the season.

Claude's record against the Habs alone is something of a mystery itself.:cry:

If Claude gets canned, Sacco and Cassidy need to go along with him. Especially Sacco.

I'd probably fire Essensa too.

Pandalfo can stay.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
It's been a rough start to the season, no doubt about that. I hate to make excuses but we have been really dinged up to start the year.

Krejci and Krug are post offseason surgeries and a slow start should have been expected
Backes has hurt his hand and missed one game, quite possibly could have effected his performance after the Toronto game
Bergeron has missed time
McQuaid and K Miller were both on IR
BOTH our goalies are hurt

It sucks but no need to blow it up yet. All these injuries just expose the lack of depth. Zero secondary scoring lately just shows that we can't rely on Beleskey/Hayes/Spooner or whoever to pick up slack. But we knew we didn't have that contending depth to begin with, right?

The entire team was garbage last night. Sucks that Subban got yanked but that's the way it goes.
Forward SOG last night:
Bergeron: 6
Pastrnak: 2
Moore: 2
Beleskey: 2
Krejci: 1
Heinen: 1
Marchand: 0
Spooner: 0
Hayes: 0
Nash: 0
Schaller: 0
Acciari: 0

That isn't gunna win you any games

Last edited:

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Why Hayes who has 0 points in his last 22 games still manages to get in the lineup every night is beyond me, time to audition some players for his spot since Hayes doesn't seem to want it.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I am. We saw this team make a comeback and win a game in the 3rd period which was something they weren't able to do last season. After their game against the Wild, this game will show what kind of team they are this year. Are they going to sulk in their previous loss and continue to play thei same way they did against the Wild? Or are they going fix their wrongs and show up like they did in the earlier games this season? In my opinion, even if it results in a loss, this game will shows us what type of character this team has.

I think they just might find a way to win . They usually do win when I least expect them to .

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
I don't remember NOT looking forward to a game this much in my life.

Agreed. Like honestly does this game have to happen?

This team needs a shake up because I'm not looking forward to a season that in anyway reminds me of the last two

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Because I live in VA, I don't get to see the guys play a lot, so I'll still be watching....

But man, after last night, you gotta wonder what the practice this morning was/is gonna be like, and what kind of tone Claude's going to take. You gotta think SOMEBODY would try to light a fire up the team's ass.

Can't do anything about goalie choice; either way the team has to know to play better in front of the younger guys in net. But scoring would definitely be a bigger help at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad