GDT: 10/25/2019 Game 11: Buffalo Sabres @ Detroit Red Wings (7:30pm EST

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Snoozefest

Givani Smith definitely has an NHL body.
Send him a FB friend request, a wink & a poke, maybe you'll get lucky & make a new friend.

Just kidding, I couldn't resist, it's been a bad week week. No offense really.

Re: Smith, yeah, the dude's built for the trenches & net-front. We need his snarl, b/c Abby lost most of his.

burbankmarc

Oct 17, 2014
2 periods in the books and only 3 pages in the GDT...looks like people are losing interest.

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
Helm's been good so far this year, but playing him with Larkin and Bert is a case of Blash simply not understanding players complementary qualities

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Let’s not forget that this is what many people wanted. They wanted to stay out of the free agency market except where absolutely necessary. They wanted to let the bad contracts begin to expire. They wanted to be the worst team in hockey.

This is what it looks like. This is what a tank looks like. So for all the people who clamored for it, live with the consequences.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
missed the first two periods, was going to ask if the whole game has looked this brutal...then I glanced through this thread...yep. It has.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Please remind me why a plug is playing w Larkin? Has he ever been given top 3 minutes at the top of his game ? Yzerman please please please please let Blashill go.

Something tells me that you wouldn’t acknowledge the reason if someone told you.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
missed the first two periods, was going to ask if the whole game has looked this brutal...then I glanced through this thread...yep. It has.

They looked decent in the first. The complete lack of finishing ability is staggering.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Prolly allow another PP goal, really cementing ourselves as a bottom 3 team. Bring on the franchise changing talent.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Even if we acquired a legit & consistent 50pt. 2-way/defensively responsible 2C, we'd probably still finish bottom 1-3, so I'm okay with a 2nd+B-level prosepct+? trade, considering JV's realisitic timeline to take those reigns. Let's not underestimate the impact DDK makes, it'll be interesting to see what our record is w/o him these next 2-4 weeks.

Last edited:

JoesuffP

Feb 3, 2016
The tough part is that the Wings weren’t able to trade guys for high end assets when they finally decided to rebuild like the Rangers and Senators The extra picks were nice but now they’re left with a buttload of middling young players with no core in sight. They might have to trade a Larkin or Mantha for a 1st plus good prospect and just start over

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
took aminute to get set up on the power play and then AA takes the first crap percentage shot that presents itself.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
took aminute to get set up on the power play and then AA takes the first crap percentage shot that presents itself.

Not only does he settle for a low percentage chance but he takes a second to gather himself to settle for a low percentage chance, allowing the goalie to recover and make it even lower percentage

Reactions: Winger98

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad