GDT: 10/25/16 - Wild @ Bruins - 6 PM CT / 2 AM Finland - FS-N - Charlie's Revenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
I don't hate Granlund. But he's spent most of the season turning the puck over and falling down so far.

No he's not. Boudreau seems to like him very much and Parise loves playing with him so how do you figure that is if he's falling all the time?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
JEE might be stealing Haula's spot already.

Haula plays as wing, also. Imagine his speed blowing down the wing? Hate to lose his FO ability, though.
JEE is still a kid. Better not to rush him. Don't mind Stew, Nino, or Dalpe riding shotgun on his line so he doesn't get victimized by the Reaves and OTT's of this world.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I don't hate Granlund. But he's spent most of the season turning the puck over and falling down so far.

Today wasn't great...sure, but the rest of the games that simply isn't true...in fact he was excellent last game.

Boudreau called that a line of Superstars last game, and Parise was raving about Granlund after.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
I like Dalpe, in general. Don't want the boarding, but we can use some of the jam he brings to the rink.

Happy for Zucker, and Dubnyk has been a rock.

I like that the staff has been sticking Brodin and Scandella on the PP. yeah, it's been ugly at times, but they need to get their feet wet. They both have something to offer offensively, but unless they get some oppos they never will develop. Also gives Suter some reason to get his act together, AND reduces his ice time, which improves his overall quality of play.

Dumba solid once again, which is VERY exciting. For him, dull is GOOD. Just missed another goal( post).

Thanks for writing what I intended to re: Dalpe and Zucker. Both seem very good at the moment. Pulkkinen ain't half bad on that line either, although we need to give him at least few opportunities to use that rocket of a shot, too. Granted, BB seems to employ "earn it" -mentality, which ain't bad.

Interesting to see what happens when Haula comes back. Do we send Prof. Oak down the A? That might be the correct call. While he looks good, he still needs more development and one summer worth of mass. He has his taste, cup of coffee, now he knows what it takes. The kid reminds me so much of our Kaptain that it's ridiculous. Young Mikko Koivu? Yes, please.

The Bruins were sloppy throughout 2nd and 3rd from what I saw. Woke up at end of 1st, so didn't see that but heard I didn't miss much. Wouldn't draw too many conclusions from this game, but it is refreshing to win big.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Haula plays as wing, also. Imagine his speed blowing down the wing? Hate to lose his FO ability, though.
JEE is still a kid. Better not to rush him. Don't mind Stew, Nino, or Dalpe riding shotgun on his line so he doesn't get victimized by the Reaves and OTT's of this world.

I think he can use better his speed while being a center. Ideally he would be the 4th line center of this team. JEE will hopefully be ready next year for full time center duties.

Gains

Apr 29, 2012
Montreal
Not a wild fan, but I was checking the boxscores and noticed Dumba's TOI. I checked for the last few games and he played over 26 mins a few times, is there a reason for so much more minutes from a season to another ?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Glad they don't have the back to back after tonight's game. Bruins aren't good. Prosser looked like a NHL player tonight after all.

Nobody looked bad tonight, even Dalpe with his fight and dumb boarding penalty looked good tonight.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Not a wild fan, but I was checking the boxscores and noticed Dumba's TOI. I checked for the last few games and he played over 26 mins a few times, is there a reason for so much more minutes from a season to another ?

Spurgeon injury but Dumba's been pretty good also.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Spurgeon is injured, so he is bumped up to #2.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
No he's not. Boudreau seems to like him very much and Parise loves playing with him so how do you figure that is if he's falling all the time?

2 points in 6 games playing alongside Parise & Koivu isn't very good. He's also getting prime top-6 minutes, and PP time. Parise can enjoy playing with him til the cows come home, but they shouldn't stay together unless they produce.

Different coach. Spurgeon's injured. Boudreau has him on the top pairing with Suter.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

The big jump in ice time started on a night Dumba was supposed to be a scratch for being Dumba55. Then Spurgeon came up hurt so he got thrown into the #2 roll.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
2 points in 6 games playing alongside Parise & Koivu isn't very good. He's also getting prime top-6 minutes, and PP time. Parise can enjoy playing with him til the cows come home, but they shouldn't stay together unless they produce.

Different coach. Boudreau has him on the top pairing with Suter.
He got another point tonight.

Also, only 2 of those games with Parise...points in both.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
2 points in 6 games playing alongside Parise & Koivu isn't very good. He's also getting prime top-6 minutes, and PP time.

Different coach. Boudreau has him on the top pairing with Suter.

3 points. He's getting the hardest match-ups with Koivu. He plays #1 pk unit with Koivu. He's really important player for Wild.

ClayAikenFan77

Jan 1, 2016
Minneapolis
The way Ek is playing is going to make it hard for BB to send him back to Sweden or even down to the A. He's very strong on pucks and has great hockey IQ.

Nino-Staal-Coyle
Parise-Koivu-Granlund
Zucker-Ek-Pominville
Dalpe-Haula-Stewart

That's a fairly deep forward group if they play like they can.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

Spurgeon is out with an injury, and Scandella and Brodin( our two best defenders left after Suter)have been paired with our two btttom pairing guys , Folin and Prosser, so we don't have a liability pairing out there. Also, Dumba has looked really good next to Suter... WAY less mistakes... Boudreau is gonna ride that horse as long as he can, or at least till Spurgeon comes back.

Too early to say if it's for the long term, but I have never seen Dumba play this solidly. He has been brilliant in the past, but there have always been the brain farts, usually in the defensive zone. No trace of cerebral flatulence the last few games.

I love what Stevens is doing with our defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad