Pre-Game Talk: 10/24 - Game 6 - Bears in the Windy City - Bruins @ Chicago - 8:30pm ET, ESPN, 98.5FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Sabres fan coming in peace. I am in Boston for work and staying downtown near Faneuil Hall. Anyone recommend a place that might have the Sabres Habs game tonight? Much appreciated.
@Tatanka Banners at TD Garden for sure

1698098852627.png

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Carlo better be ready for payback on the the Hall hit because I read that Chicago's coach considered it a cheap, blind side hit.
If Foligno who I am a huge fan here goes after Carlo he’s a chump

Staged fights ? Code? Freaking bull shit

I’m Carlo I decline and if he really wants to fight me - tell me my baby is ugly or cross check me in the back like Vaakanainen did Marchand

Who fights because of a clean body check especially a guy who you invited to your wedding

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Do we know whether or not Looch got x-rayed? What scares me is that last year JDB had a broken leg(?) and didn't know for a while. If I'm Lucic and the Bruins I would have him x-rayed asap.
I would imagine they did today and will probably do so tomorrow. We would have gotten news if he was going to miss time bc it would trigger Heinen getting signed or an emergency recall.

Reactions: caz16 and Gordoff

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
If Foligno goes at Carlo (it will be bad for Carlo because he makes Greg Campbell look like Bob Probert) I hope Lucic is in and just wrecks someone.

Not one guy on their team could do a thing about it, either.

It’s been a long time since the Bruins had someone like that.

If Lucic is out tomorrow, I guarantee you Chicago will be taking runs all night, especially knowing they don’t play the Bruins again this year.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I would imagine they did today and will probably do so tomorrow. We would have gotten news if he was going to miss time bc it would trigger Heinen getting signed or an emergency recall.Th
Thanks that's what I figured.

If Foligno goes at Carlo (it will be bad for Carlo because he makes Greg Campbell look like Bob Probert) I hope Lucic is in and just wrecks someone.

If Lucic is out tomorrow, I guarantee you Chicago will be taking runs all night, especially knowing they don’t play the Bruins again this year.
How about Patrick Brown, is he a pugilist? Has Frederick ever fought 2 games in a row?

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
TONIGHT’S GAME -The Bruins visit the Blackhawks tonight in the second of two games between these teams this season and Boston’s lone visit to United Center this year ... The Bruins are 5-0-0 overall this season and they are 3-0-0 on the road ... They are 5-0-0 vs. Western Conference teams. -The Bruins will complete their current four-game road trip tonight (3-0-0) ... They will next return home for a four-game home stand, hosting Anaheim on Oct. 26, Detroit on Oct. 28, Florida on Oct. 30, and Toronto on Nov. 2.

MILESTONES APPROACHING - Kevin Shattenkirk is 3 goals short of his 100th NHL goal. - David Pastrnak is 3 games shy of his 600 NHL games. - James van Riemsdyk is 5 points shy of his 600th NHL assist. - Kevin Shattenkirk is 5 games short of his 900th NHL game. - Brad Marchand is 7 assists short of his 500th NHL assist. - Charlie McAvoy is 7 assists short of his 200th NHL assist. - Derek Forbort is 7 points short of his 100th NHL point. - Charlie Coyle is 7 points shy of his 400th NHL point. - James van Riemsdyk is 8 assists shy of his 300th NHL assist. - Pavel Zacha is 10 goals shy of his 100th NHL goal.

INJURIES - None reported.

BOSTON vs CHICAGO, LIFETIME SERIES - The Bruins and Blackhawks are meeting for the 598th time in their histories with Boston holding a 273-240-79-5 record and 1,882-1,802 scoring edge in those games. - The Bruins are 102-148-45-4 vs. the Blackhawks in 299 road games with Chicago holding a 963-808 scoring advantage in those contests.

Last edited:

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Carlo better be ready for payback on the the Hall hit because I read that Chicago's coach considered it a cheap, blind side hit.
Of all the Bruins who have ever played for Boston, Carlo has to be the least cheap-shot artist of them all....he doesn't have a dirty bone in him

If the Hawks try for payback, make them pay on the PP

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
the Bruins/Blackhawks have always been special to me as I lived in Chicago in the 80s and 00s.

The old Chicago Stadium rivaled the Montreal Forum as a hockey barn.

The Barton Pipe Organ at the Stadium was insane

I have NEVER heard a louder noise than this

10 years ago when the Bruins and Hawks met in the SCF I was in heaven. I used my connections to help my buddy Steve who owned a Boston sports bar in Chicago to get some media time in both markets

Reactions: Gordoff and caz16

tremha77

Jul 16, 2022
If Foligno who I am a huge fan here goes after Carlo he’s a chump

Staged fights ? Code? Freaking bull shit

I’m Carlo I decline and if he really wants to fight me - tell me my baby is ugly or cross check me in the back like Vaakanainen did Marchand

Who fights because of a clean body check especially a guy who you invited to your wedding
i watched the replay - puck was gone - he didnt run him by any means but it did look late.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018

It’s not 1987. They’re not going to take runs all night.

Reactions: USGRANT

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
That Poitras got more minutes than Coyle last game stuns me, and I'm happy to have been wrong about how fast that could happen. My goodness.

Reactions: lopey and Gordoff

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
the Bruins/Blackhawks have always been special to me as I lived in Chicago in the 80s and 00s.

The old Chicago Stadium rivaled the Montreal Forum as a hockey barn.

The Barton Pipe Organ at the Stadium was insane

I have NEVER heard a louder noise than this

10 years ago when the Bruins and Hawks met in the SCF I was in heaven. I used my connections to help my buddy Steve who owned a Boston sports bar in Chicago to get some media time in both markets

Carlo wouldn't have a thing to worry about with those ASG Wales starting wingers on his team (9:50). My goodness how the game has changed.

Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad