[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
lbjW1wa.png

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Hedman's been superb - what are you talking about?
I don't know if this guy watches Bolts' games but yes, while his point total is low compared to what he had last year, he has been just as good as you'd expect. I think our PP has relied much less on Hedman this year so that could make him score less points.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I don't know if this guy watches Bolts' games but yes, while his point total is low compared to what he had last year, he has been just as good as you'd expect. I think our PP has relied much less on Hedman this year so that could make him score less points.
I recognize him now - he's a Karlsson fan and is trying to rag on Hedman.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
You keep saying roster turnover. We have like 2 new players? Maybe 3? What roster turnover are you talking about? What drama filled AHL roster? Last season supposedly had no Drouin drama as Cooper and Drouin had already done their breakfast meeting the year before. Yeah, we're more rested and healthier. I don't believe in the fatigue excuse as it hasn't stopped Pittsburgh from actually winning the damn thing 2 years in a row or the Hawks from winning 3 in 6 years.

If you don't think he's a great coach why do you continually go out of your way to defend him?

I defend him because those point you made has little to nothing to do with coaching. When your captain spends a whole year distracted and causing distraction and then missing the whole next year on top of an injury curse is gonna produce poor results. Both of the last 2 years had their unique set of challenges and in both cases you could see the difference between two years of injury plagued Lightning teams that didn't have their heads in the game and what we saw at the end of the Boucher era. He's not that great because lucking into the TKO line and tripling down on defense during injuries does not constitute coaching skill and doing crazy stuff like putting Brown in the first shift of OT negates credibility. On a 0 to 10 Coop lives at about a 6. Far from the worst but far from the best.

And as for the point of roster turnover I leave you food for thought. Pretend Filppula and Garrison are still on this team instead of Point and Sergachev. There's no way on God's green earth we start the year 8-1-1.

You don't need a dramatic amount of turnover to produce results. You just need turnover in the right place.

At the end of the day we're probably NEVER going to see things the same way as pertains to the last few years. But the demand for the kind of results we are getting now and that it continues happens to be both our highest expectation.

If I truly thought Cooper was the issue I'd have called for his head. That's why I held the players so accountable instead. So far the patience by Yzerman is paying off

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
I recognize him now - he's a Karlsson fan and is trying to rag on Hedman.

I'm a fan of Karlsson and many other players - and being Swedish I HARDLY have it in for Hedman.

I just wondered if he had a slow start of the season, since he hasn't accumulated a lot of points.

That's it.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'm a fan of Karlsson and many other players - and being Swedish I HARDLY have it in for Hedman.

I just wondered if he had a slow start of the season, since he hasn't accumulated a lot of points.

That's it.

I think he's had a stronger start to this year than last, even though, if I remember correctly, he was putting up more points last year. Aside from the Disaster In Sunrise, where everyone was somewhere between bad and awful, I really can't recall a bad game from him.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
I think he's had a stronger start to this year than last, even though, if I remember correctly, he was putting up more points last year. Aside from the Disaster In Sunrise, where everyone was somewhere between bad and awful, I really can't recall a bad game from him.

Thanks for the update, I appreciate it. ☺️

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad