Pre-Game Talk: 10/23 Game 7 - The Bruins go to Brooklyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I'll be at the game. Went to Sharks-Islanders last weekend and had seats with obstructed view printed on the ticket but I ended up having a great view, hoping for the same luck tomorrow.

And a B's win would be nice, too!

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
The defense hasn't been as tight as it's been in the past for Rask, but judging based on Rask's play itself my eyes say he's taking different angles when a shooter presents itself than he has before. He's always been known as a great technical goalie when judging angles and how to block them but this year I have never seen him get beat so cleanly and repeatedly. It's almost similar to when you see an All Star pitcher get roughed up for a few games and they end up spending some time in the film room to correct their arm angles that they had let slip. For Rask, it's always been more technique than reflex and I'm confident he's more likely to correct his current flaws than he is to continue slipping into a downward spiral.

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts
I would play Rask. But I could understand if Julien goes with the Monster.

Rask is our #1. He's paid like one of the best and he has been one of the best in the league for the past few years. He has a very tough start this season. No doubt. But it's not on the bench that he'll get out of his funk.

In the end, Rask will eventually find his game back and steal many games for the Bruins this year. The sooner the better. Tommorow night would do just fine...

Perhaps that's just what he needs. When is the last time that Rask has faced any sort of competition for starts? If it's a granted that he'll be in net, and he has his payday, what's the reason for him to not subconsciously let his compete level down a little bit?

The eyeball test tells me that his compete level is (way) down this year.

Rask needs to spend 3-4 games on the bench. Get him revved up.

Hell, Manny Fernandez pushed Timmy to become the goaltender that he was (along with Timmy's "**** the world" mentality that this team currently lacks).

Guarantee benching Rask for 3-4 does more for him that just plugging and playing with disastrous results. If it doesn't, and it doesn't rev him and his compete level up, then that will tell you all you need to know about Rask.

Last edited:

indy

Oct 18, 2015
Perhaps that's just what he needs. When is the last time that Rask has faced any sort of competition for starts? If it's a granted that he'll be in net, and he has his payday, what's the reason for him to not subconsciously let his compete level down a little bit?

The eyeball test tells me that his compete level is (way) down this year.

Rask needs to spend 3-4 games on the bench. Get him revved up.

Hell, Manny Fernandez pushed Timmy to become the goaltender that he was (along with Timmy's "**** the world" mentality that this team currently lacks).

Guarantee benching Rask for 3-4 does more for him that just plugging and playing with disastrous results. If it doesn't, and it doesn't rev him and his compete level up, then that will tell you all you need to know about Rask.

Rasks ego is out of control. He plays lazy and loose.
Rask would rather play and lose then sit and win. And that sums him up.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
I hope Trotman can get back in for this game, one game next to Irwin is going to make you look terrible out there, I think he might look better next to Chara than K. Miller. Trotman did a great job in his limited time next to Chara last year, give him a chance, the D certainly isn't looking good as is.

I agree Trotman when on is a above average D man I hope he takes the ball and runs with the opportooney he's getting tommorow

He did look good with Chara I thought but most do id roll

Chara-Colin
Krug-McQuaid
Morrow-Trotman

But I doubt Kevan gets scratched

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
I agree Trotman when on is a above average D man I hope he takes the ball and runs with the opportooney he's getting tommorow

He did look good with Chara I thought but most do id roll

Chara-Colin
Krug-McQuaid
Morrow-Trotman

But I doubt Kevan gets scratched

If he indeed plays and makes a single dumb move that leads to a gift wrapped chance....doesn't even have to be a goal....I wan't him scratched for at least a week, he looked completely lost last night at times.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
If he indeed plays and makes a single dumb move that leads to a gift wrapped chance....doesn't even have to be a goal....I wan't him scratched for at least a week, he looked completely lost last night at times.

And I actually thought he was pretty good until the 3rd where he just looked like the worst player ever

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Monster didn't look bad.

Stop the excuses.

Rask needs to find his game. The sooner the better.

Avs have easily been our easiest opponent and the 2nd goal was horrible.

But I really don't know which one to play tomorrow,if Gust plays then we can see how he handles a playoff level team.
I hope we have a good backup in Gust but his rebound control worried me a lot in the pre season.

indy

Oct 18, 2015
Avs have easily been our easiest opponent and the 2nd goal was horrible.

But I really don't know which one to play tomorrow,if Gust plays then we can see how he handles a playoff level team.
I hope we have a good backup in Gust but his rebound control worried me a lot in the pre season.

I did notice that with Gus. Although when making rebounds at least he is making a save. No rebounds from Tuukka because they are bulging the twine.:cry:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I did notice that with Gus. Although when making rebounds at least he is making a save. No rebounds from Tuukka because they are bulging the twine.:cry:

True, but we are beyond awful in front of our own net right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad