GDT: 10/23/15 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Winnipeg

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Starting to look more like we grabbed Poulin so Gudlevskis could get games in Syracuse.

Pretty much but Vasy will be back soon so it's whatever. Worst scenarios were a Bishop injury early on or Vasy's IR extending into December when the schedule is brutal. We've gotten through this as well as could be expected.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
Starting to look more like we grabbed Poulin so Gudlevskis could get games in Syracuse.

Yep and with the Crunch playing 3 games in 3 days this weekend, there is no chance of bringing Kristers up this weekend, so it's Poulin or Bishop. If Poulin doesn't play tomorrow, it is a clear indicator they really really don't trust the backup to do anything. At all.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Not having a reliable backup is a pattern with this team. Of course, for this season, not really anybody's fault. You couldn't predict Vasi's blood clot and Kristers needs more work. Still annoying though. And not good for Bishop's long term health and wellness.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Stamkos scored his 60th goal against Winnipeg and will play game #500
Drouin scored his first goal against Winnipeg
TKO was created in Winnipeg and got some points

Tampa better show up tonight, they apparently have some luck against Winnipeg.

Edit: Wish Ben would take a night off already, although I don't think we get any points with Poulin in net, but i'd rather loose a game then loose Ben to injury

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The big issue with playing Bish tonight is we might wind up screwed vs. the Blackhawks with either a tired Bish, or Poulin in net. And you have to think the Hawks will be up for that game. Gotta get at least 2 points out of this weekend.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I can think of no reason why Sustr's in over Nesterov unless we're trying to Brett Connolly him (Sustr).

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
The big issue with playing Bish tonight is we might wind up screwed vs. the Blackhawks with either a tired Bish, or Poulin in net. And you have to think the Hawks will be up for that game. Gotta get at least 2 points out of this weekend.

Maybe it wouldn't be terrible if Boyle sits tonight and get some rest if he wasn't 100% this morning, could mean we at least have 1 ready player, especially Boyle who is really important but my hope is that the rest of the team will be up to the task and want to get back at the SCF, but with our team you just never know. First time we faced CHI last season it was also on the 2nd of b2b and we lost in a SO which if we don't win tomorrow that would at least be acceptable.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
I can think of no reason why Sustr's in over Nesterov unless we're trying to Brett Connolly him (Sustr).

All he does is winning, haters.

Can't wait to see Maurice matching up Wheeler against Disustr, clash of the titans

:popcorn:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Maybe it wouldn't be terrible if Boyle sits tonight and get some rest if he wasn't 100% this morning, could mean we at least have 1 ready player, especially Boyle who is really important but my hope is that the rest of the team will be up to the task and want to get back at the SCF, but with our team you just never know. First time we faced CHI last season it was also on the 2nd of b2b and we lost in a SO which if we don't win tomorrow that would at least be acceptable.

Yeah, I'm all for giving Boyle the night off if he needs it too. It also lets our usual pressbox guys compete for their spot a little more directly. I'm by no means sold on Namestnikov, but I like the idea of giving him opportunities to shine, so long as it doesn't take time away from guys who can better help our team. (And yeah, Namestikov has played well lately.)

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

I'll send yzerman and his wife a gift card to a nice steak house if he trades sustr for two second round draft picks lol

RR10*

This game will be tougher than you think. The Jets are one of the fastest teams in the league.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
This game will be tougher than you think. The Jets are one of the fastest teams in the league.

Who said they thought it would be easy?

I've been dreading this trip since I saw it on the schedule. Although that Preds game was a whole lot of fun to watch. BTW, Lightning aren't exactly slow.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
As long as for some reason we keep getting points with Sustr in, then i'm all for it! ;)

The scouting tweet is interesting but I think it has more to do with Winnipeg then it does TB/Stamkos.

Winnipeg is a big and fast team, hoping Tampa has their legs tonight, It's definitely going to be a tough weekend for the bolts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad