GDT: 10/22/16 - Wild @ Devils - 6 PM CT / 2 AM Finland - FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Granny, Koivu, and Suter. That was a coaching error. Unbelievable. That is the best 3 you can start with? How? Why? What the....

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
3-on-3 missing Haula and Spurgeon. Not surprised. Could have done better than Koivu, Granlund and Suter though.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Well... tied for the division lead with the Blues right now. Doesn't really feel like we've played well enough to say that. We'll see if we can win a couple on the East coast.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Keep dumba with Suter, put back scandy and spurgeon, Folin-Brodin 3rd pair. Roll 3 Dpairs.

Yell at Suter to not be on the PP the whole time.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
This team isn't good enough to win a Cup. Now that Parise appears to be regressing, we don't have ANY top line forwards.

I'm sure as hell not going to complain about Suter. He is, by far, our best player.

Last edited:

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
well another 1st period another slowride. they gotta stop playin that song in the locker room. lets recap nothing on the PP, only a rookie can score, dubnyk lets in a softy. sure we played a good 2nd period but this 4 game road trip is as easiest it gets. we havent outshot anybody. thats trouble when we start playing the big boys.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
This team isn't good enough to win a Cup. Now that Parise appears to be regressing, we don't have ANY top line forwards.

I'm sure as hell not going to complain about Suter. He is, by far, our best player.

Staal looks like a 1st liner to me.

Also, sure Suter is our best player but that doesn't excuse the fact his mistake is the reason we lost. Look at that tweet with the gif and remember Boudreau said it's man-to-man in OT.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Staal has had a nice few games for us, but he is no longer an impact forward.

Suter didn't lose the game for us. Our impotent forwards did. The only guy who scored was a kid who has never played in the NHL before.

Last edited:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Fell asleep after JEE goal. See they lost in OT. No surprise there, they were bad last year, and haven't even had a preseason game of 3v3 OT to get their feet wet.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
Staal has had a nice few games for us, but he is no longer an impact forward.

The problem is guys like Granlund,Zucker,Nino and Coyle were expected to become 'impact' forwards and the only one who is anywhere close to being one is he problem is not the vets it's the younger guys not taking the next step.

10coach*

Feb 21, 2014

:laugh: wtf you smoking?

Wabit

May 23, 2016

62p (or 30g) was top 30 in FWD scoring, that is we don't have. We lack the elite scoring FWD. Pommer and Parise met that within the the last 3 years.

We have top line FWDs, 50p (20g) last year was top 90 FWDs last year. But they are all complimentary FWDs, not game breakers imo.

Down by 1 or game tied late who do we want to have the puck on their stick, and we can feel good about tie/win? Parise was that guy the since we got him, but I haven't gotten that feeling yet this year. Staal and Coyle are the closest we have (maybe Nino, but he can't get playing time).

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Just finished. Dubnyk, Eriksson-Ek wow!

But WTF was that overtime?! Personnel, effort?! Sheesh. One point still, points are important.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
Watched only highlights. Judging by those, Dubnyk was amazing and a great first goal for Eriksson Ek. Other than that it didn't look too good. But we still got one point so I'm not complaining. It's good to pick up points during the first 10 games when they are still learning the Boudreau systems.

On to Brooklyn we go.

Eagle Claw

Jan 25, 2013
Finland
When does Leopold face the fact that he needs to rebuild
To get to the next level.Tonight was like a bad dream fromthe future games and seasons without a change off plan. Discusting effort levels aging rusty 2-3d line forwards.
And a youth thats almost good enough inconsistent and unable to carry the team.
What is there to spare why wait.Save the grate D and few gems and sell guys to true contenders when they still have somekind off prospect pic value...In my mind the window for ultimate success in a deep playoffs run closed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad