GDT: 10/22/15 - Minnesota vs. Columbus - 7 PM CT - FS-N/FS-WI

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
It was a little rocky at the end, but credit to them for responding to that crappy 1st period. Those first 20 minutes made me cry.

HollaHaula

Cynical Wild fan
Jul 28, 2015
Was the first period that bad?

I wasn't really paying attention, but I started watching about midway through the 2nd, and I thought they looked decent.

The first period they didn't look good. Had to kill a string of penalties before the intermission. I wasn't happy with the third period because the Wild were just fine with dumping the puck into the zone and not keeping possession. That needs to stop. Play to win, not not to lose.

Last edited:

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
A lot of the sloppy hockey that we're seeing is due to this team just not having the games in yet. Not to mention the long breaks thrown in between a couple of blocks of games. Missing passes and timing issues just plain off looks a lot like something that can't be replicated without playing at game speed.

Once they settle in, they look a lot better. Just takes a little while to get there at this stage unfortunately. They're skating by right now mostly on talent.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
A lot of the sloppy hockey that we're seeing is due to this team just not having the games in yet. Not to mention the long breaks thrown in between a couple of blocks of games. Missing passes and timing issues just plain off looks a lot like something that can't be replicated without playing at game speed.

Once they settle in, they look a lot better. Just takes a little while to get there at this stage unfortunately. They're skating by right now mostly on talent.

I think Avder said it a week or so ago, but it's so nice to be able to say that, rather than being the plucky little team that always has to go balls out to win.

I have no doubt that we'll get rolling this year, at some point, and be playing great hockey. Combine that with the talent, and we could see a real nice winning streak. Hopefully that comes in place of the December/January swoon this year!

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Watched the game from the watering hole. We won so:

kbs.gif

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Just going to talk about positives here;

-Our best players, Suter and Parise, are playing like our two best players.

- I thought Zucker played well.

- Vanek turned the puck over less. His deflection was sick.

- Folin made some mistakes still, but he seems to be improving.

- Doobs wasn't perfect, and still looked a bit shakey, but he got it done. Hope he can build on this.

- Koivu line still looks very good.

- Porter is looking more and more comfortable. Between him and Haula that's one fast fourth line.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Scandella has looked lost out there without Spurge.

Hoping it's just a slow start from not having the greatest training camp and the distraction from the personal matters he's had to deal with.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Scandella has looked lost out there without Spurge.

Hoping it's just a slow start from not having the greatest training camp and the distraction from the personal matters he's had to deal with.

? I was not aware of this.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
im glad we won but that was far from a perfect game. 1st goal scored on doobs was soft, i think each D man had a failed clearing attempt, jackets spent alot of time in our zone. jackets were skating cirlcles around us at times , i thought we were a fast team? oh well another talent win i guess i'll take it. we certainly are not playing like the packers of the nhl!

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Yeah, I don't remember hearing about any personal issues, either.

After the Edmonton pre-season game, he missed a few days of training camp for "personal reasons".

It was never expanded upon what they were or how serious though.

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
I was there last night. Another win for me. Thats two home games and two wins with me in attendance. I better get tickets for Saturday to keep the streak alive.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
I was there last night. Another win for me. Thats two home games and two wins with me in attendance. I better get tickets for Saturday to keep the streak alive.

Please do. None of my posts seem to survive the strength of negative feeling I have for that team we play Saturday.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
im glad we won but that was far from a perfect game. 1st goal scored on doobs was soft, i think each D man had a failed clearing attempt, jackets spent alot of time in our zone. jackets were skating cirlcles around us at times , i thought we were a fast team? oh well another talent win i guess i'll take it. we certainly are not playing like the packers of the nhl!

I thought the first goal was a bad one, too, but the replay showed that Spurgeon's skate interfered with Doobs pads, so he couldn't get across the crease fast enough. Spurgeon skated into the crease... Not much you can do about that.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Only had a chance to watch highlights last night. Suter looked like a beast. Several excellent offensive plays.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Watching Suter catch that exhausted guy on a breakaway was pretty good stuff. Those were some Ent strides. Must have gotten in that frame of mind from playing with Spurgeon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad