GDT: 10/21 Boston Bruins vs. Philadelphia Flyers II

Status
Not open for further replies.

catsmasher

Mar 8, 2012
He has "stood on his head," sure. Plenty of times.

But when has he stolen a game that the team had no business winning?

That's what elite goaltenders do... never mind $7m dollar ones.

Which game(s) has Tuukka completely stolen for his team?

2013 ECF game 3... Okay that was 2 years ago

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Goal 1: Rask/poor coverage by 4th line

Goal 2: K Miller screen/Rask down to early

Goal 3: K Miller...K Miller...K Miller

Goal 4: Bad change by Chara and another B/great shot/Rask

Goal 5: bomb by Giroux, bad reffing

Every time the B's make a mistake it seems to end up in the net. Rask needs to be better for sure, but the B's need to cut down on those mistakes. Clode has no problem sitting Pastrnak, hope he has some choice words for his Captain after that lazy/stupid change.

Colin Miller >>>>>>Kevan Miller

On the 2nd goal, not only did K. Miller manage to not even attempt to close the gap, he also stuck back deep enough to screen his own goalie AND it looked like he tipped it in even. Impressive.

2 of the goals were on K. Miller directly. He's had some good games this year but if you continue to miscast him as a 1st pairing Dman then he is going to expose himself for what he really is from time to time.

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
rask really is mentally weak. he has gotta make more big saves...because it effects the entire team..you let in back breaking tying goals...well we don't get a shot for 11 minutes.

Mason makes a few insane saves...philly rallies and ties it.

no more excuses...philly's d sucks too...this is our d...young guys, we make mistakes..this is it. It's time for Rask to step up and take some of the workload..that's what being a good/elite starting goalie does (see Price..who has in the past carried some horrendous habs D's)

This is what we got...Rask is getting paid the big bucks...I want to see some good performances..no excuses.

What is Hannu up to these days????

tom nuetten

Mar 24, 2011
Germany
while rask wasn´t good at all and needs to play better (a lot) he still is not the only reason the b´s lost.

terrible changes, terrible turnovers (k.miller) and if pasta scores on an (almost) empty net this game is a bruins win...

should have rask had some of the goals he allowed? yes he should, but like I said he is not the only one to blame

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Goal 1: Rask/poor coverage by 4th line

Goal 2: K Miller screen/Rask down to early

Goal 3: K Miller...K Miller...K Miller

Goal 4: Bad change by Chara and another B/great shot/Rask

Goal 5: bomb by Giroux, bad reffing

Every time the B's make a mistake it seems to end up in the net. Rask needs to be better for sure, but the B's need to cut down on those mistakes. Clode has no problem sitting Pastrnak, hope he has some choice words for his Captain after that lazy/stupid change.

Colin Miller >>>>>>Kevan Miller

K. Miller turnover on goal #3 from same spot on the ice as his infamous turnover in Montreal in playoffs, game 6. Bruins didn't get a shot on goal after that until OT.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Pastrnak has to bury that one as well. That was bad on his part. I wouldn't even say Mason robbed him, just put it straight to his pads.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
rask really is mentally weak. he has gotta make more big saves...because it effects the entire team..you let in back breaking tying goals...well we don't get a shot for 11 minutes.

Mason makes a few insane saves...philly rallies and ties it.

no more excuses...philly's d sucks too...this is our d...young guys, we make mistakes..this is it. It's time for Rask to step up and take some of the workload..that's what being a good/elite starting goalie does (see Price..who has in the past carried some horrendous habs D's)

This is what we got...Rask is getting paid the big bucks...I want to see some good performances..no excuses.

What is Hannu up to these days????

Let me get this straight (because I'm hearing it a few times here) ---Mason is the hero of the game for the Flyers, right?

Rask would have to be drunk to let in that Hayes shot that Mason let in, buuuuuuuut Mason is the man now, right?

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I'm pretty sure unless Tuukka is putting up a shut out every night would find something to complain about.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
So So So frustrating, there are so many things going for us and players playing great, and then everygame we have few guys who are just beyond awful.

Kevan Miller was the winner tonight, just .....ng brutal followed by Rask.

But positives,

-Loving Lou's game,
-Krecji is a beauty,
Connolly showed some skill today with Hayes,
I'm loving Randell, he is a guy we need to keep in the lineup,
Colin after the 1st period got better and had a great 3rd period, that pass to Pasta was just ....ng great.

We really need to stop with these D-pairings, we are a mess and we use them so badly, Morrow back and it settles it a bit.

It dosen't matter if we have a bunch of All Stars on D if your goalie can't stop a beachball coming at him in slow motion. Rask needs to be sat down for at least a week, spend a lot of one-on-one time with the goalie coach before he gets back in that net, he is a complete mess, playing at a low AHL level.

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
also Kemps needs some time in providence...why not try Koko...really at this point what do we have to lose? Maybe he will be more of a spark..I think he has earned more opportunities than he's gotten.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC

Rask not getting any support from Julien. And rightfully so.

Glad to hear it.

Rask has never had a problem calling out the players in front of him.

Sit him for a while and I'm sure he's getting his ass chewed out in the locker room - if that doesn't wake him up i don't know what's going to.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Good thing we drafted Subban in the 1st rd 3 years ago to rescue us..oh wait he's not ready but is so "athletic"

I have my doubts that Subban will see the NHL anytime soon. He seems like a late bloomer or a bust.

I want to see Julien ride Gus for a bit if he wins games.

Tuukka and Bob need to go to "get your head in the game" goalie therapy.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Chara looked toasted to me tonight.

I can't wait until around game 40 when he's utter garbage, and we start hearing "he must be injured...he'll make a big comeback next year" like we do every season.

Look...I'm against overreactions. But the fact that some people hold Z and Tuukka up like they are Gods and resist any sort of criticism against them as if it's some personal attack on their young child. Ick...count me out.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Hate the loss, but there are still plenty of positives. PP is looking great. Krejci is playing great. Loui is on top of his game. Krug is playing solid defense. Randell and C. Miller are showing some excellent skill and I hope both of them stay up with the Bs. Love the amount of scoring the Bs are putting up. As of now the main problems are the number of brain farts by the defense and Tuukka needs to be better, obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad