GDT: 10/21 Boston Bruins vs. Philadelphia Flyers II

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Again 100% overreaction. He made a few tonight, including one near the start of the game and one on the 2-on-1 that led to the Hayes goal.

Is it too much to ask to have balanced, fair criticism?

Rask has been subpar, but you can point to a bunch of other reasons the B's are losing games and the reasons are all over the place.

The only loss I pin squarely on Rask was the TB game.

Time to sit Kevan Miller and take a look at Trotman, who I thought got railroaded after one bad game with Irwin as his D partner. Chara looks slow, he needs Colin Miller.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Rask not getting any support from Julien. And rightfully so.

I'll make it even simpler than Clode did.

Rask just needs to stand up once in a while.

So tired of seeing goals go in over his shoulder from 30 feet when he's on his knees.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
@bruins_stats: Spooner's 7 corsi for, 18 against is not going to help his dead last in the NHL ranking heading into tonight. Unplayable when not on the PP.

Spooner has been terrible this year he's killing us out there

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I'm pretty sure unless Tuukka is putting up a shut out every night would find something to complain about.

I don't expect a shut out but when the skaters put up 4 goals he should be able to leave the ice with a W. Basically if your skaters score 3 or more an elite goalie should be able to get the win. Tuukka just doesn't have his head in the game right now.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I'm pretty sure unless Tuukka is putting up a shut out every night would find something to complain about.

Your defending is a joke.

You defend Tuukka to the death no matter what, and your defense is this theoretical garbage about we would complain even if he was letting up only one goal.

When you're saying something like that as a defense, it's just...mind boggling.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Rask clearly has great tools... but his game is in the crap house.

This is why teams have goalie coaches. Someone has to get rask back to a happy place soon. We saw horrible things happen to lachet and dafoe and carrey and raycroft here. None of them had the raw tools of rask but they all went penthouse to outhouse almost overnight.

If rask cant be turned around in the next month i fear we MUST deal him while someone else would still believe he can be turned.

Goaltending is so funny. Guy like dubynk or anderson can go from waivers to allstar late in their 20's. We saw thomas come off the trash pile here. But young tenders can explode just as easy.

Im not even sure who are goalie coach is but he has major work to do.

I definitely think the monster has to get the next start but rask needs to know we support him

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Pastrnak has to bury that one as well. That was bad on his part. I wouldn't even say Mason robbed him, just put it straight to his pads.

That's the way I saw it as well. He had half the net empty but instead shot it right into the goalie. Wasn't much of a save. Just happened to have Pasta shoot it right at him.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
He has "stood on his head," sure. Plenty of times.

But when has he stolen a game that the team had no business winning?

That's what elite goaltenders do... never mind $7m dollar ones.

Which game(s) has Tuukka completely stolen for his team?

I don't have a list of the games, nor the memory of which ones, but I recall there were a few where he did steal the game - I recall that being the general consensus here.

Trouble is, the Rask haters rarely give him credit when he does play well or make clutch saves. Strangely silent.

Just be fair - credit and criticism when they're due.

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
Let me get this straight (because I'm hearing it a few times here) ---Mason is the hero of the game for the Flyers, right?

Rask would have to be drunk to let in that Hayes shot that Mason let in, buuuuuuuut Mason is the man now, right?

no I was saying it to illustrate a simple point we all know..timely saves impact the overall team momentum. Philly looked like they were about to break..Mason stands tall...HUGE saves...players respond...and philly completely takes over the game. Mason overall played terrible too...but at least he made the timely big saves...I'd just like to see more of that from Rask.

I don't ****ing care about the line change or Miller or Mcquaid or whatever...that 4th goal...you NEED to save that...****ing SAVE IT.

It was back breaking and killed us. Not pumping Mason, he sucked, but atleast in the moments he had to be the guy he was the guy..i'd like to see rask do that more.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
FACT..The 3 on 3 Clide gave Miller and Pasta about 25 seconds and changed it.lol Penalty and game over.I think Pasta needs to play better but 3 on 3 should see way more ice.Clode gonna be fired soon.Can feel it.

Odie

Mar 29, 2009
Boston

How about if he doesn't let in more than 3 goals a night? That would be a nice start.

5th worst GAA in the league and 4th worst save-percentage.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

You defend Tuukka to the death no matter what, and your defense is this theoretical garbage about we would complain even if he was letting up only one goal.

The ****?

Sturm

Jun 25, 2015
Virginia
Tuukka has no balls. Simple. The 7 million dollar man can't win when the team scores 4. He can make big saves, but he lets in way to many softies.

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts
Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to make the world's first bionic Finland Backup Goal tender, Tuuka Rask will be that man. Better than he was before. Better... stronger... faster...... = "The 7 Million Dollar Bionic Rask"

Also known as "Tim Thomas".

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
It dosen't matter if we have a bunch of All Stars on D if your goalie can't stop a beachball coming at him in slow motion. Rask needs to be sat down for at least a week, spend a lot of one-on-one time with the goalie coach before he gets back in that net, he is a complete mess, playing at a low AHL level.

I really don't know what to do, he looked so different in our last pre season game& 1st 30mins of Winnipeg game, but something changed after that Irwin mistake.
The guy needs his confidence back and I hope, dream, pray that when Morrow comes back our defense will settle down, we don't have normal pairings right now because Cross is getting sheltered as he-ll.

Kevan is killing me the most right now, so many bad plays, so so so many.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC

The attacking of Rask is just as ridiculous. There people claiming he's NEVER stolen a game.

It's pathetic on both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad