GDT: 10/21/17 - 7:00PM EDT - Pittsburgh vs Tampa Bay

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
You know what this means right?

No more watching for you.

I didn't really get to watch any of the Panthers vs Lightning in our loss either. There's no correlation.

As long as we keep getting awesome GDT's, a "ruh roh" from Gong, a lego image from you, a pre-game comment from Macho and "Just win baby" from me we should be fine

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Stamkos was never a good playmaker, but when he finds chemistry
Best we've played in years. Forecheck was strong. Defense was standing up at the blueline. Nearly a full 60 minute effort, but I'll excuse a little bit of slacking up by a touchdown with a couple minutes left. I want more of this. We have the ability to play like this whenever we want, so there's no excuse when we don't.

The only player this style of play could possibly burn out is Gourde who plays at full speed and goes hard into corners, other than they mostly just cut out all the stupid shit they've been doing for 3 years.

Very good defense tonight too, everybody watched the crease and cleared every rebound.

Reactions: The Macho Man

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
This team is insanely good I’m sorry I doubted yzerman ever . Sergachev is here to stay and girardi is pretty good I think the rangers should have bought staal out instead. Vasy my good is just getting more and more comfortable!

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I kept thinking, "This is what it felt like to be a Lightning fan in 2015." It was like a team of underdogs making a massive statement, the way we used to make massive statements.

Hard not to think we're back to being For Real.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
You know what this means right?

No more watching for you.
Funny, I just had a dream aftet the game that I missed a game which we lost 7-0 to the Panthers. Would've been my first missed game of the season. I don't know what to think.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I wish we would've tried to beat the Hawks in terms of goals against these guys. ;)

But yeah, I really don't mind when we take the foot of the gas and go into a shell in a game like this. But I do mind when it happens in a 1-0 game in the Stanley Cup finals. Let's hope those days are behind us and the team has learned to give a full 60 minute effort when they need to.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Still think Koekkoek, Sergachev and even Dotchin should've got more minutes. This game was over after the first and surely over midway through the 2nd. They all cracked 11 minutes but still well below the veterans who could use some rest especially if Cooper is gonna ride them like he has so far.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Good game but Pens have been horrible this season btb. Best start to season in while which is awesome. Serg , Girardi and Kunitz all look like upgrades so far. Biggest surprise is Giradi who has been proving a lot of folks wrong. Rangers loss our gain. Serg makes a few errors but he will make us forget Drouin who we clearly didn’t need to keep anyway.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I kept thinking, "This is what it felt like to be a Lightning fan in 2015." It was like a team of underdogs making a massive statement, the way we used to make massive statements.

Hard not to think we're back to being For Real.

In my perhaps not so humble opinion this is better than 2015. I know that horse died long ago but that team was so laden with chemistry issues outside of the TKO line that it's a wonder we got past Detroit. But of course that was not without Tyler Johnson playing hero...

These guys are at a whole new level.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
In my perhaps not so humble opinion this is better than 2015. I know that horse died long ago but that team was so laden with chemistry issues outside of the TKO line that it's a wonder we got past Detroit. But of course that was not without Tyler Johnson playing hero...

These guys are at a whole new level.

Have 3 lines that have chemistry. Very good chemistry and are consistent. have not had that in the last 3 years.

At this point don't care about cally's points anymore or lack of them. He is doing everything else right and on a grand level. He has become Tampa's best defensive forward and I'm bold enough to say that. Lol.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
https://www.nhl.com/

Looking at the leaderboard on the right side of the page...

so_good.jpg

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Vasy and Stammer are leading, and we know that they could still be better (Vasy has already shown much improvement from the first few games). Can Kuch still get better? Maybe if he is a bit more selfish at times. Everyone should still shoot more I think (like Cally last night).

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Vasy and Stammer are leading, and we know that they could still be better (Vasy has already shown much improvement from the first few games). Can Kuch still get better? Maybe if he is a bit more selfish at times. Everyone should still shoot more I think (like Cally last night).

I think it's all about consistency with Kucherov. If he can even stay close to this level for the entire year, we're talking about arguably the most dangerous player in the NHL, who just so happens to be on a team with a still very dangerous Steven Stamkos.

There's a lot to be optimistic about right now when it comes to our star power.

I can't help but wonder if Yzerman was sacrificing this year for the sake of getting our finances in order, or if he was confident that last year (and chunks of the one before) was a fluke and he was actually improving the team while sorting out the salary cap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad