GDT: 10/21/17 - 7:00PM EDT - Pittsburgh vs Tampa Bay

killa3312

Mar 4, 2015
Stamkos is back, but in an entirely different way. Not out of the question to say Tampa has two of the top 10 players in the world on their team with Stammer and Kucherov. The Bolts are the real deal this year. Now, if they'd stop struggling with the sucky Panthers.

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
GG Bolts. Nothing Vasy could do on that goal. He still kicks out some bad rebounds. I don’t know if it is just his style or something that is correctable, but it seems like he does it on purpose sometimes. The d is clearing them out for him; hopefully they continue to do so.

As fun as it is to blow out a team like the Pens, we still haven’t faced them on equal footing.

Nice for Stammer to get a goal. I think all of his goals so far have come from a half empty net and him being in the right place at the right time. His shot is still either off net or into the goalie. Hope he gets his shot back. Hard to say he is not contributing, leading the team in points. Stammer somehow turned from shooter into playmaker.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
But what was our Corsi?

What matters the most is our ashfasfhsajfvxvcxjv% stat. Hopefully that was ok for this game.

That was a decent game, I guess. I hope they won't let this get into their heads. The start has been better than I could've ever imagined but we have to stay with it and play the right way. Don't let the bad habits creep in.

Also, what is most important is that we'll stay healthy. We've seen what major injuries can do to a team. Winning the Cup is as much building a great team as it's staying healthy. Injuries will happen eventually but I just hope they aren't major ones and to our star players. Stamkos has to stay healthy this year for us to contend for the Cup.

killa3312

Mar 4, 2015
No Penguins fan should ever criticize the Lightning's fan base. The Bolts have long been the most well supported franchise in the Bay area, and even pulled in fans when the team was terrible. Pittsburgh would have almost certainly lost the franchise had they not happened to suck in the right year and ended up with Lemieux, and the team wasn't well supported the years after Lemieux when they again fell to the bottom of the league but once again, happened to suck in the correct year and ended up with Crosby. Horray, you have 5 Stanley Cups, congrats on being terrible when once in a decade talents like Lemieux and Crosby came out. That takes real skill.

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
That was a fun game, the 1st and the 2nd more than the 3rd since they put on the break a bit but it's understandable.
I would prefer they don’t go into “protect the lead” mode. Letting teams hang around gets us in trouble (obviously not so much tonight).

Shoresy Snipes

Give yer B's a T ya T F'r
May 6, 2017
Nice for Stammer to get a goal. I think all of his goals so far have come from a half empty net and him being in the right place at the right time. His shot is still either off net or into the goalie. Hope he gets his shot back. Hard to say he is not contributing, leading the team in points. Stammer somehow turned from shooter into playmaker.

Uh, you mean leading the NHL in points... by a few; with Kuch right behind him

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Uh, you mean leading the NHL in points... by a few; with Kuch right behind him
I didn’t mispeak, but I meant contributing to the team. It doesn’t really matter that he leads the league in points (until the end of the season).

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Okay so the Pens have excuses being on a back to back and such but we still had to step up and take full advantage of it and we sure did! What a phenomenal game!

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Okay so the Pens have excuses being on a back to back and such but we still had to step up and take full advantage of it and we sure did! What a phenomenal game!
That’s what I mean by facing them on even footing. It’s hard to measure ourselves against them when we are facing them on a back to back with their back up in net.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
That was textbook dominance. Great effort, start to finish. Even with Murray in I feel this would have been a strong 3-1 or 4-2 win that never would have been in question. Like the way we're playing right now. Looks like Sergachev's here to stay, as well.

More 2004

Stamkos Apologist
May 3, 2004
Tampa
Kucherov shrugging after his goal was the best!
tumblr_inline_nmiehhDz1H1s13bk5_500-1430418784.gif

Reactions: The Macho Man

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Best we've played in years. Forecheck was strong. Defense was standing up at the blueline. Nearly a full 60 minute effort, but I'll excuse a little bit of slacking up by a touchdown with a couple minutes left. I want more of this. We have the ability to play like this whenever we want, so there's no excuse when we don't.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
No Penguins fan should ever criticize the Lightning's fan base. The Bolts have long been the most well supported franchise in the Bay area, and even pulled in fans when the team was terrible. Pittsburgh would have almost certainly lost the franchise had they not happened to suck in the right year and ended up with Lemieux, and the team wasn't well supported the years after Lemieux when they again fell to the bottom of the league but once again, happened to suck in the correct year and ended up with Crosby. Horray, you have 5 Stanley Cups, congrats on being terrible when once in a decade talents like Lemieux and Crosby came out. That takes real skill.

Correction: Lemieux was once in a lifetime and the likes of Crosby are once every 20 or more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad