GDT: 10/19/2014 - Wild @ Kings - 2 PM CT / 10 PM Finland - FS-N, FS-WI

Status
Not open for further replies.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
So Parise would be just as effective on the fourth line?

Parise isn't more dynamic with Granlund that Koivu? What games are you watching?

"Parise always brings the same game" is a tag line. It's not reality.

With Koivu, Parise is scraping down-low, on the boards, and scrumming in front of the net.

With Granlund, Parise does all that, and adds high speed passing plays, larger, quicker cycles, passing reverses and drop passes, driving the net for tips, and openning up to receive dishes at all points in time.

I get that Parise had similiar numbers with Koivu, but back then Yeo had less offensive options to go back to and Parise gets to play lighter minutes. Plus, I think a full season with an improved Granlund will bring Parises production higher than before.

Of course Zach would be just as effective on the fourth line. It's not like the fourth line takes away his legs and hands and puts him on a wheelchair.

Jarick, I know you at least are smart enough to know that isn't what I meant. But hell, you could go that far i suppose and an experiment might surprise you. His numbers wouldn't take a hit like Granlund's or Pommenville's would, i suspect.

And Parise's numbers and play are similar from line to line from college to NJ to here over the years. Doesn't really matter where the system has him, he will get close to the net and take a million shots as long as he's in the zone with the puck nearby, and he probably will be when playing with quality forwards or someone who can win a faceoff in the zone on a regular basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce