BRUINS GDT 10/17 - Game 6 - Boston Bruins @ Calgary Flames - 9:30pm ET - NBCSN, SN360, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
On call this week and there’s a production server downtime happening tonight, which means I’ll be on the phone for a couple hours starting at 1am. But I’ll probably work from home tomorrow and take my time waking up in the morning, so it should even itself out. Hopefully i can catch this one on my dvr during lunch, cuz there’s no chance I’m staying up to watch tonight.

Really just wanna see Krejci get himself going, and perhaps the third line isn’t a matchup nightmare for us. The top and bottom lines i have no worries at all.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2018-10-17_14-23-16.png

Tonight's Officials

GH22.jpg
BM34.jpg

Referees Ghislain Hebert (22), Brad Meier (34)
Linesmen Greg Devorski (54), Libor Suchanek (60)

TONIGHT’S GAME

The Bruins visit the Flames tonight in the 1st of 2 games between these teams this season and the Bruins’ lone visit to Scotiabank Saddledome this year … The Bruins are 4-1-0 this season and are 1-1-0 on the road … They are 1-0-0 vs. both Pacific Division and Western Conference teams. - The Bruins are opening their four-game road trip tonight … They will continue in EDM (10/18), VAN (10/20) and OTT (10/23) before returning home to host PHI on 10/25.

The Bruins open tonight their 2nd of 14 sets of back-to-back games this season, as they will play in EDM tomorrow … They are currently 0-1-0 in the 1st game of those sets and are 1-0-0 in the 2nd games so far.

They also open their 1st of 17 sets of 3-games-in-4-nights this season, as they will play in Vancouver on Saturday.

MILESTONES APPROACHING

John Moore’s next point will be the 100th of his NHL career.
Zdeno Chara is 2 games short of his 900th game as a Bruin … He will be the 6th player in team history to reach that milestone. - Zdeno Chara is 4 goals shy of his 200th NHL goal
Jimmy Hayes is in Wilkes Barre

INJURIES (Total man-games lost in 2018-19: 5)

Torey Krug: Left ankle injury suffered 9/29 vs. PHI; Will be re-evaluated in 3 weeks. (IR)

BOSTON vs CALGARY, LIFETIME SERIES

The Bruins and Flames are meeting for the 108th time in their histories with the Bruins having a 60-33-10-4 record and 370-321 scoring advantage in those games.

The Bruins are 26-20-4-2 lifetime in Calgary with the Flames holding a 180-175 scoring edge in those 52 contests.

The Bruins have won their last 3 games vs. the Flames and are 9-1-3 in their last 13 games overall vs. Calgary, with their lone regulation loss in that span a 2-1 home setback on Nov. 25, 2016 … They are 4-0-2 in their last 6 trips to Calgary.

WAYBACK MACHINE

5410720755_b500448b2a.jpg

:flames:bruins

Reactions: BMC and blazenlo

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
OUCH!
881 SV%, 4.07 GAA

Last 2

2-0-0
2.50 GAA
.923 SV%

Tuukka Career splits by month

Oct 2.57 GAA .912 SV%
Nov 2.13 GAA .926 SV%
Dec 1.99 GAA .931 SV%
Jan 2.43 GAA .916 SV%
Feb 2.44 GAA .918 SV%
March 2.18 GAA .923 SV%
April 2.20 GAA .925 SV%

This happens every year now

Tuukka always has a slow start, than goes nuts

Than has a little dip mid season

Than ramps it up again for the stretch run and playoffs

Tuukka
6-0-3 career vs Calgary
1.57 GAA .943 SV%

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The only way I can describe Calgary is Houston with mountainss.

I am surprised by the number of locals who believe the Flames are moving to Houston. They need a new arena here and talks are going nowhere.

Reactions: BMC

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I don’t think I’m going to make it to either the Bruins or Sox games the way I feel right now.

Hopefully with another small cat nap I’ll be ready to go.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Too late.

I’m watching the Sox :laugh:

Donato must have incriminating photos of Cassidy.

Really not happy* about sitting Heinen again and than hearing Dreger mention him as a guy who’s name could be out there for a veteran F...seems Bruce has turned on him

I remember last year mid season Heinen was slumping and Cassidy said something along the lines of, ...kid has earned the right to fight through this slump he’s been a great player all year and done all we asked of him...

Guess that has changed now

Getting major Wheeler, Boyes vibes from the situation with Heinen

Last edited:
Reactions: HustleB

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Really not happen about sitting Heinen again and than hearing Dreger mention him as a guy who’s name could be out there for a veteran F...seems Bruce has turned on him

I remember last year mid season Heinen was slumping and Cassidy said something along the lines of, ...kid has earned the right to fight through this slump he’s been a great player all year and done all we asked of him...

I hope not.

If the B’s deal Heinen, he will go on to score 45-50 pts a year for the next decade and I will make an “I told you so” post every day he’s in the NHL.

Reactions: 13Hockey

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
Can't keep everyone
At this point Vatrano is clearly someone we could move on from, I think our 3rd line would look a lot better with Czarnik on it though and would have last year as well. I really think he is a piece who could have solved our 3C problems this year but Bs decided to use him to promote PRO instead. At this point it's whatever he is likely never more than a 3rd line center, but I do think he would have been great to have on the team this year.

Reactions: FanSince72

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
The only way I can describe Calgary is Houston with mountainss.

I am surprised by the number of locals who believe the Flames are moving to Houston. They need a new arena here and talks are going nowhere.

The billionaire owners are seeking corporate welfare, and the mayor of Calgary is rightfully standing his ground.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Nah, Daddy threatened to kick his ass.

You must mean literally kicking? Because the thing I remember most about Teddy is him falling to the ice and kicking his skates at a guy who tried to fight him. Truly one of the most embarrassing moments ever for the spoked B.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
At this point Vatrano is clearly someone we could move on from, I think our 3rd line would look a lot better with Czarnik on it though and would have last year as well. I really think he is a piece who could have solved our 3C problems this year but Bs decided to use him to promote PRO instead. At this point it's whatever he is likely never more than a 3rd line center, but I do think he would have been great to have on the team this year.
He'd be a perfect spare guy here
Is Czarnik durable enough to last 82 games out West?

Reactions: Tampbear

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Really not happy* about sitting Heinen again and than hearing Dreger mention him as a guy who’s name could be out there for a veteran F...seems Bruce has turned on him

IDK if I'd say Cassidy had turned on Heinen. Bjork and Donato actually looked good together last game (granted vs DET). This could just be Cassidy seeing if there is something with Donato/Bjork.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Reactions: Alicat and BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad