GDT: 10/17/15 - 7:00PM EDT - Buffalo VS Tampa Bay

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Whether he benched him for his play or not, we won. He did something and maybe it was pure luck and the fact that Ben was a wall tonight, but we won.

Cooper is a good clach, not great, but good. He actually made an in game adjustment and people are still freaking out because a 20 year old got benched. Let's not be the Capitals fan base. I know he is our biggest weapon as of right now but boyle and brown played well, they played together, even though that line sucked, last year, so why not? Cooper comes away looking right again even though he benched Drouin. I don't like him benching Drouin but tonight wasn't his greatest game either. Tonight, he deserved that line. Not because he was that bad, but because he was out played by Namestnikov, hot paquette and a couple others.

Results oriented thinking is stupid. We won because we got gifted a PP and scored. His adjustment did f*** all for our 5 on 5 effectiveness.

And once again - bench Drouin for not playing well? Fine - do it to the other bums that are playing like shit too. This stupid apologist crap is the same thing that happened last season when Cooper made dumb decisions. He is an awful tactician. He doesn't line match. He can't make a common sense adjustment to save his life. He has an excellent system in place, and I think he does a good job of getting players to buy in, but as far as doing anything in game beyond chewing gum, he's inept.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Sloppy game. We pulled out a win because it was Buffalo and because of Bishop entering god mode.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Results oriented thinking is stupid. We won because we got gifted a PP and scored. His adjustment did f*** all for our 5 on 5 effectiveness.

And once again - bench Drouin for not playing well? Fine - do it to the other bums that are playing like shit too. This stupid apologist crap is the same thing that happened last season when Cooper made dumb decisions. He is an awful tactician. He doesn't line match. He can't make a common sense adjustment to save his life. He has an excellent system in place, and I think he does a good job of getting players to buy in, but as far as doing anything in game beyond chewing gum, he's inept.
You have a better coach waiting in the wings to take control?

OK that's what I thought.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
Missed the game how was Koekkoek?

I'd say our best dman tonight. Stralman was good and so was garrison. Coburn did alright but carle and sustr are just...Carle and sustr.

Kk had great clearances, got his shot through and threw a couple good hits, one was a big one in my eyes, started a surge that spread to hits from boyle and hot paquette. He has another game to impress, against a better opponent and I would like to think sustr sits and koekkoek keeps playing. Wont happen though. But he was very solid tonight. Perfect replacement for Carle's sorry ass after this year.

Obviously

Dec 4, 2013
Hardest this team skated tonight was when they were headed to the bench for a line change

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Cooper on why Drouin played just one shift in final 25 minutes. "There are a few guys that didn't get a lot of shifts in the third period. As a staff, we put the guys out there we thought at this moment was going to help us win the game, and they did, and that's what happened."

Laughing so I won't cry :laugh::cry:

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Laughing so I won't cry :laugh::cry:

*sigh* I hope Drouin didn't hear that or at least that Cooper talked to him face-to-face, can't be good for a young guys confident, besides he's been I'd say our best forward during at least the first 5 games even if he struggled a bit tonight. He leads the team in point for a reason.

And we didn't win because Drouin didn't play, we won because we got lucky that the Buf players lost sight of the puck when they went into their goalie which gave us pretty much an open net, it could just as easily have happened when the first unit was out there with Drouin on it.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
*sigh* I hope Drouin didn't hear that or at least that Cooper talked to him face-to-face, can't be good for a young guys confident, besides he's been I'd say our best forward during at least the first 5 games even if he struggled a bit tonight. He leads the team in point for a reason.

And we didn't win because Drouin didn't play, we won because we got lucky that the Buf players lost sight of the puck when they went into their goalie which gave us pretty much an open net, it could just as easily have happened when the first unit was out there with Drouin on it.

I think what frustrates me the most is that he turned around and said this about Vlad

Cooper on Namestnikov: "First of all, he's a gamer. He's been fighting and fighting to find a spot in the lineup. He's getting his chance here and surely making the best of it. He was one of our bright spots up front tonight. And the ice time he got he earned, so he kept getting it."

I don't know what expectations he has for Drouin but there's no question that he's outperformed Vlad by every measure so far this season. I like Vlad but his absolute ceiling is around what Drouin is right now. You can't reward Vlad for fighting for a roster spot when you punish Drouin at the same time. Putting Vlad on the PP instead of Drouin was just ugh. Cooper needs to get over his weird Drouin issues.

GREASYGRINDERDETROIT

May 22, 2014
Wings fan here, really hope you guys destroy montreal in the playoffs again this year cuz we all know red wings r fail

ill be rooting for yall

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
You have a better coach waiting in the wings to take control?

OK that's what I thought.

Did I say Cooper should be fired? I've stated before I think he's a good coach, and he has an excellent system. He's also stupid as shit at in-game adjustments.

He's going to f***ing ruin Drouin with that shit. The kid scored 6 points in 5 games - he was a little off tonight. So was Flip. So was Stamkos. So was Killorn (goal excepted). Their ice time didn't get cut - they didn't see two shifts in the last 25 minutes. Cooper is an asshole, and I'm starting to think he has a shelf life.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Wings fan here, really hope you guys destroy montreal in the playoffs again this year cuz we all know red wings r fail

ill be rooting for yall

Against the Habs maybe, but ya'll are good otherwise.

Speaking of which we had some random Habs fans in the section to the left of me. Made no sense. They were doing the Ole thing and saying Go Habs Go sometimes when we were cheering Let's Go Bolts! :rolleyes:

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I think what frustrates me the most is that he turned around and said this about Vlad

I don't know what expectations he has for Drouin but there's no question that he's outperformed Vlad by every measure so far this season. I like Vlad but his absolute ceiling is around what Drouin is right now. You can't reward Vlad for fighting for a roster spot when you punish Drouin at the same time. Putting Vlad on the PP instead of Drouin was just ugh. Cooper needs to get over his weird Drouin issues.

Vlad was one of our best skaters all night. Drouin was hotdogging it on the PP.

Now if Drouin is on the 4th line next game I'll be pissed alongside you.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
We were headed for third loss in a row. We didn't do that at all last season. Not one of the lines was doing Jack %^$#. Once Cooper started rolling players from line to line it provided a spark for some reason for most of the players.He wasn't punishing anyone particular but just trying to make something happen.

Bishop was on fire and kept us in it until we got going.

Buffalo deserves credit.

GREASYGRINDERDETROIT

May 22, 2014
Against the Habs maybe, but ya'll are good otherwise.

Speaking of which we had some random Habs fans in the section to the left of me. Made no sense. They were doing the Ole thing and saying Go Habs Go sometimes when we were cheering Let's Go Bolts! :rolleyes:

Ill always root for a sunny south team over a canadian one. Keep fighting the good fight! :)

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
Bish with the big game

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
I'm sorry - who was sparked by the line changes? We still didn't generate shit 5 on 5, and the top PP didn't do anything either.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
I'm sorry - who was sparked by the line changes? We still didn't generate shit 5 on 5, and the top PP didn't do anything either.

Calm down. We get it, you don't like cooper. There probably isn't a better coach out there for this team right now so stop nitpicking. The guy is advancing each year. Until he does something horrible, I have no reason to dislike him. We have it really good right now.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Calm down. We get it, you don't like cooper. There probably isn't a better coach out there for this team right now so stop nitpicking. The guy is advancing each year. Until he does something horrible, I have no reason to dislike him. We have it really good right now.

Well good for you. Don't come in here and dictate how I can react to shitty coaching decisions.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
Sloppy game. We pulled out a win because it was Buffalo and because of Bishop entering god mode.

Bishop won the game for us. Plain and simple. Couple lucky goals, but our goalie carried the hell out of the team tonight.

You act like you have any clue just what all goes into coaching an NHL level team... *sigh*

Ever think that maybe, just maybe you don't have all the facts?

I'd say Cooper has done one hell of a f***ing job with development. We wouldn't have TKO without Cooper, and we also wouldn't have had anywhere near the success we've been having the last couple seasons without Cooper.

Seriously, just shut the f*** up about it already.

Edit: *sigh* this forum is slowing turning into the leafs board...

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
Well good for you. Don't come in here and dictate how I can react to shitty coaching decisions.

I'm not dictating, just stating how good we have it. Just because one player doesn't play as much as you'd like, doesn't mean the coach is bad or his ways are bad. It's like being a parent to a kid playing. Complaining about "how bad" a coach is because of ice time is lame.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Apologists everywhere. If you don't bow down and think everyone (other than chosen whipping boy of the season) is god's gift to hockey, well then BOO THIS MAN!

This is the same attitude people had before Boucher was fired. A few saw significant issues with his coaching, and others said "BUT WE MADE THE ECF!" I can look at what's happening on the ice and see that shit isn't happening. Unless you want to ban all hockey related discussion - because as far as I know not a single person on this forum has ever f***ing laced up skates to play at this level - discussion is what's going on.

Cooper f***ing sucks at in game adjustments. Anyone that's watched this team over his past two seasons as coach should be able to notice that. Cooper also sucks at line combos. He stuck with Killorn/Flip/Stamkos for almost an entire season last year despite the amazing ineffectiveness of that line. He backed into TKO after we lost three forwards to injury in the span of two games - pardon me for not giving him credit for that decision.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad