GDT: 10/16/15 - Wild @ Kings - 9:30PM Central / 5:30AM Suomi - FS-N, FS-WI, FS-W

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 29, 2011
Southern Minnesota
i ****ing hate OT 3 on 3... oh you tried a nice pass? OMG INSTANT RUSH THE OTHER WAY NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO

that's not good

4on4 + shootout is way closer to actual hockey than 3 on 3 and shootout... I've hated it since the very time I've watched it.. and I'm not even some hardcore traditionalist..... it's just crap

I agree. not a fan of it

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
i ****ing hate OT 3 on 3... oh you tried a nice pass? OMG INSTANT RUSH THE OTHER WAY NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO

that's not good

4on4 + shootout is way closer to actual hockey than 3 on 3 and shootout... I've hated it since the very time I've watched it.. and I'm not even some hardcore traditionalist..... it's just crap

3 on 3 is better than a shootout. If this virtually eliminates shootouts, I'm ok with it.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN

that's not good

3 on 3 is something that can actually happen organically in a hockey game. And it will end MANY more OT's before having to go to the abomination that is the shootout.

And it's just exciting. Big fan.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Well to be fair and honest, a majority of us were expecting us to lose this game. So for us to come out with a loser point? I'll take it.

On to the next one.

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali

that's not good

Can't get cute, gotta get control and go win the game lol

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
3 on 3 is something that can actually happen organically in a hockey game. And it will end MANY more OT's before having to go to the abomination that is the shootout.

And it's just exciting. Big fan.

Yup I've been sure to turn on every game that goes into OT. So dope.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Kuemper point.

3 on 3 is just combining 4 on 4 overtime with the shootout. No, it's not 5 on 5. It's also not the shootout, which everybody cries pee-tears over.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
Can't get cute, gotta get control and go win the game lol

and not shoot, cuz shooting is too risky if you miss and it's a rush the other way..... it's just dumb and it's not real hockey.........either extend the 4v4 or go straight to shootout... the 3v3 is like a beer league POS thing.... As a fan of the league it's just dirty and doesn't belong...

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Also, we play the Ducks next. The Ducks have yet to win a game as well, but the difference is their forwards also have yet to even score any goals.

So naturally we're gonna give up 5. :sarcasm:

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
Can you imagine being at an overtime game now, you'd just be going crazy as a fan. So very awesome, way to go NHL!

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
What do you guys think of the shot Granlund took in OT where he made the move at the wall but was kinda walled off into shooting at the left half of the net.

Worth taking that shot or is it a better idea to just loop behind the net and keep control?

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
and not shoot, cuz shooting is too risky if you miss and it's a rush the other way..... it's just dumb and it's not real hockey.........either extend the 4v4 or go straight to shootout... the 3v3 is like a beer league POS thing.... As a fan of the league it's just dirty and doesn't belong...

It's grade A chances and huge saves, gotta love it.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

I prefer what there is now to what they've had for the past few years.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
What do you guys think of the shot Granlund took in OT where he made the move at the wall but was kinda walled off into shooting at the left half of the net.

Worth taking that shot or is it a better idea to just loop behind the net and keep control?

I thought it was nice, just wish he would have drove hard to the net. Seemed to move too slowly.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
A shootout isn't real hockey. Kane and other players skating down the ice at 1 mph and dipsey doodling is pathetic. At least in 3 on 3, it's a group effort where they actually have to move their damn feet.

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali

I wouldn't change a thing except you have to be better man on man in the defensive zone on that goal.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
A shootout isn't real hockey. Kane and other players skating down the ice at 1 mph and dipsey doodling is pathetic. At least in 3 on 3, it's a group effort where they actually have to move their damn feet.

And there has been a varying amount of strategies throughout the league. That's been incredibly fun to see.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
honestly the 3 on 3 puts the NHL at like WNBA status in my mind...... absolutely bush league with no reasoning about the game and no frame of mind to actual hockey... it's really dumb

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014

then put in a chaser

it's not hockey when the vast majority are sitting on the bench for fake little rules.... I HATE ties but ties would better than everyone sitting there watching a 3v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad