GDT: 10/15 7 PM Game #2 - BRUINS at Auston Matthews - NESN, CBC, NBCSN, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
CuzxRrwXEAAKU_2.jpg:large

53950ef924db6fe2d788f67629de71da.jpg

Tonight's Officials

Referees - Trevor Hanson (31), Jean Hebert (15)
Linesmen - Mark Shewchyk (92), Pierre Racicot (65)

National Anthems - Martina Ortiz-Luis

WAY BACK MACHINE

Boston Bruins: Media Notes

BOSTON vs TORONTO, LIFETIME SERIES

-The Bruins and Maple Leafs are meeting for the 663rd time in their franchise histories with the Bruins having a 295-258-98-11 record and Toronto holding a 1,962-1,958 scoring edge in those games.

- The Bruins are 112-162-51-6 in their 331 road games of this lifetime series with the Maple Leafs holding a 1,087-875 scoring advantage in those contests.

- The Bruins have taken points out of their last 7 games vs. Toronto at 5-0-2 with their last regulation loss to the Maple Leafs a 6-1 setback in Toronto on Nov. 12, 2014 and they are 17-3-4 in their last 24 games vs. the Maple Leafs … They are 10-3-3 in their last 16 road games of this lifetime series with a 17-4-4 mark in their last 25 visits to Air Canada Centre.

Last edited:

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
No. The ceremony starts at 5:30 EST...they are giving away free beer to get people into seats on time for the ceremony.

I know it's our 100th anniversary, but no amount of beer is going to get me to go that early unless we just won the Stanley Cup and the banner is being raised.

I think McDavid has that locked up. Back to back 3 point games, swept Calgary. Marchand or Matthews will have to put up a great performance to challenge McJesus.

Consider ourselves lucky, we may be on the brink of a new Gretzky/Mario era with McDavid & Matthews.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
No. The ceremony starts at 5:30 EST...they are giving away free beer to get people into seats on time for the ceremony.

I know it's our 100th anniversary, but no amount of beer is going to get me to go that early unless we just won the Stanley Cup and the banner is being raised.

TSN 1050 is saying the Leafs are looking to start the party around 6:30 PM because of the Blue Jays playoff game and will have the ballgame on the scoreboard. They want as many eyeballs watching the ceremony as possible but they are aware that most of Canada will be watching baseball.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Hats off to the Maple Leafs for this powerful promo. Toronto has been irrelevant for the past 50 years but like a baseball club in Chicago that might soon change.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
TSN 1050 is saying the Leafs are looking to start the party around 6:30 PM because of the Blue Jays playoff game and will have the ballgame on the scoreboard. They want as many eyeballs watching the ceremony as possible but they are aware that most of Canada will be watching baseball.

I hate ceremonies. I understand them in situations like this but I do not like them because the NHL is never punctual with them. The puck drop varies from team to team.

I guess if it's 6:30, we won't be watching the game till 8:10-8:15.

Hats off to the Maple Leafs for this powerful promo. Toronto has been irrelevant for the past 50 years but like a baseball club in Chicago that might soon change.

Yeah I liked that promo quite a bit. I thought they would just gloss over the bad years and celebrate what happened 50 years ago and forget the frustration and love/hate relationship the fans have had with the team in recent years but they showed that TV going out the window which is something a lot of people wanted to do in recent years.

Last edited:

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I hate ceremonies. I understand them in situations like this but I do not like them because the NHL is never punctual with them. The puck drop varies from team to team.

I guess if it's 6:30, we won't be watching the game till 8:10-8:15.

Can't blame the Leafs in this situation. Today is one of the biggest sports days in Toronto history.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Very much looking forward to this one. I hope the Bs smash the Leafs, but I've enjoyed watching Matthews in his pre-NHL career and was happy for him while watching his NHL debut. It would be great if the Bs young D could shut out Matthews and Marchy and co could put up a massive number of goals again. Should be a great hockey atmosphere tonight.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Give Bergy all the time he needs right now. I'm relieved Tuukka seems to be ready to go - after the awkward way he got up the other night and then the maintenance day yesterday....fingers crossed.

I will be so happy if the Bruins can win this and keep Matthews off the scoreboard....one game into the season and I am so tired of hearing about him. Living close to TO and having so many Leafs fans everywhere is difficult enough, I just want a little reality to set in soon.

LET'S GO BRUINS!!!! :handclap::handclap::handclap:

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Colour me concerned.

82(+ hopefully) games.... I'm cool with him taking a little time to make sure hes not just 90% when he comes back, but 110%. His importance is immeasurable. I'm assuming since he's not playing today they will also sit him for WPG and not make him embark on that journey and he'll be ready for the home opener against NJ. I'm good with that. Hopefully we are 3-0 at that point!

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
Hopefully the marchy line shuts Mathews down and pots a few of their own. It'd be nice to have bergy bank to help keep that line quiet but backes is a solid stand-in.

Shut down that line and that team isn't scary, at all.

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
The reunion! Sort of...Except they are on opposite sides. Lots of love between these 2, always interesting to see 2 friends go up against each other. lets hope our Pasta comes out on top. Excited for tonights game.

tumblr_n8y1xm3bqe1t0uurro1_500.gif

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Hey guys.

The ceremony is starting at 530pm so the game can start on time.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Give Bergy all the time he needs right now. I'm relieved Tuukka seems to be ready to go - after the awkward way he got up the other night and then the maintenance day yesterday....fingers crossed.

I will be so happy if the Bruins can win this and keep Matthews off the scoreboard....one game into the season and I am so tired of hearing about him. Living close to TO and having so many Leafs fans everywhere is difficult enough, I just want a little reality to set in soon.

LET'S GO BRUINS!!!! :handclap::handclap::handclap:

Safe to say Bergeron will not play Monday in Winnipeg either simply because of the logistics of getting from Boston to Winnipeg which requires a change of planes in either Toronto or Minneapolis unless they send him by private jet.

Have him at 100% for the home opener and then Montreal next Saturday.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Hey guys.

The ceremony is starting at 530pm so the game can start on time.

I am hearing it is being pushed back because of the Jays game and if I was running Sportsnet that is exactly what I would do.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Safe to say Bergeron will not play Monday in Winnipeg either simply because of the logistics of getting from Boston to Winnipeg which requires a change of planes in either Toronto or Minneapolis unless they send him by private jet.

Have him at 100% for the home opener and then Montreal next Saturday.

Could not agree more, Plenty of hockey to play. Does anyone know what he's dealing with?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I am hearing it is being pushed back because of the Jays game and if I was running Sportsnet that is exactly what I would do.

if Sportsnet was smart. (so. not). I would make the Leafs game on CBC and direct "hockey only fans"/non baseball fans there - and keep the game on Sportsnet channels

this is a good GDT y'all by the way. good game hopefully.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
if Sportsnet was smart. (so. not). I would make the Leafs game on CBC and direct "hockey only fans"/non baseball fans there - and keep the game on Sportsnet channels

this is a good GDT y'all by the way. good game hopefully.

While hockey is on CBC - Sportsnet is in charge of the broadcast and keeps the commercial revenue.

Meanwhile the CFL and TSN keeping the Argos at 4 PM today is insanity.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
I've heard rumours that they are bringing back the Avco World Trophy and awarding it to the Toronto Maple Leafs for winning 1st overall in the Draft Lottery. Tonight they will raise the banner and give our the trophy and take a team picture.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I actually don't have a problem that draft was likely fixed. Toronto Maple Leafs are the Red Sox. Fantastic city

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad