GDT: 10/15 7 PM Game #2 - BRUINS at Auston Matthews - NESN, CBC, NBCSN, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
It is Toronto's home opener and Matthews first home game as a Leaf

https://www.nhl.com/bruins/video/bruins-beat-starting-right/t-277437088/c-45304003

This is the most hyped Leaf home game in 3 years and NBCSN has decided to pick up the game which is unheard of. NESN will show it in New England and CBC in Canada.

*PROGRAMMING ALERT* – NBCSN TO TELEVISE AUSTON MATTHEWS’ HOME DEBUT WITH TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS VS. BOSTON BRUINS THIS SATURDAY, OCT. 15, AT 7 P.M. ET

Saturday Night’s Game Added to NBCSN Schedule Following Auston Matthews’ Record Four Goals in NHL Debut on Wednesday

STAMFORD, Conn. – Oct. 13, 2016 – Following an NHL record four-goal performance by 19-year-old American and 2016 Toronto Maple Leafs first overall draft pick Auston Matthews in his NHL debut last night, NBCSN announced today it will televise live coverage of Matthews’ first NHL home game this Saturday night at 7 p.m. ET, when the Maple Leafs host the Boston Bruins in an Original Six showdown.

Matthews, a native of Scottsdale, Ariz., became the first player in modern history to score four goals in his NHL debut on Wednesday night against the Ottawa Senators.

http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2...ston-bruins-this-saturday-oct-15-at-7-p-m-et/

Last edited:

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
I hope the Bruins blow the leaves away. It is fall after all.

How sweet would it be for them to get blown out on home ice in their opener? Would love it if Backes lays out a sweet hit on Matthews and a line brawl starts.

Unfortunately it's tough to be really optimistic with the growing pains that this young defense is going to encounter.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Let's go B's. Gonna be watching the OSU football game during this, but I'll catch the end on DVR.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Any word if Bergy is in for this one?
Julien anticipated an update on Bergeron at some point on Friday afternoon.

"We haven't had an update yet," Julien said at the conclusion of the team's practice around 1:30 p.m. "We should have one this afternoon, so if he's not on the ice [Saturday] morning, I'll address it, whether he's coming in for the game or I'll let you know if he's not, so right now, we have nothing from today."

https://www.nhl.com/bruins/news/pra...update-coming-on-patrice-bergeron/c-282675050

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Don't expect the game to start at 7:15 PM as the Leafs are going to have a NINETY MINUTE pregame celebration and the word is they plan to delay it because of the Blue Jays game.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Marchand vs Matthews
The player who accumulates the most points for their team on this night will surely take home the NHL player of the week honors for week 1.

Bank on Matthews getting it regardless, he did set an NHL record after all. Well... unless he goes pointless and Marchand gets 3+ again.

Don't expect the game to start at 7:15 PM as the Leafs are going to have a NINETY MINUTE pregame celebration and the word is they plan to delay it because of the Blue Jays game.

Ninety minutes? :amazed:
That's almost as long as the pre-game to the average Habs game.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
It would be sweet to come away with a victory. Outside of Matthews, they aren't a scary team at all.

nor are the B`s;)

This will be a game where the Leafs will try to use their speed (which they have plenty of) and if the B`s aren`t ready for that speed, they will get burned

Lots of youth on the Leafs but they have some nice talent up front that can burn ya even outside of Matthews.

As impressed as I was watching Matthews in game one, I actually thought Marner played a stronger all around game crazy as that sounds

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Has this game been "poached" by NBCSN or is it being broadcast on both NESN and NBCSN?

NESN has a pre and post game listed for today, but not the game itself.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

So does this mean it'll be more like a 6 PM PST/9 EST puck drop?

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
So does this mean it'll be more like a 6 PM PST/9 EST puck drop?

No. The ceremony starts at 5:30 EST...they are giving away free beer to get people into seats on time for the ceremony.

I know it's our 100th anniversary, but no amount of beer is going to get me to go that early unless we just won the Stanley Cup and the banner is being raised.

Marchand vs Matthews
The player who accumulates the most points for their team on this night will surely take home the NHL player of the week honors for week 1.

I think McDavid has that locked up. Back to back 3 point games, swept Calgary. Marchand or Matthews will have to put up a great performance to challenge McJesus.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

I'm not sure carting out Johnny Bower, Wendel Clark, and Mats Sundin should really count as momentous.

Maybe they are going to erect a statue outside in Auston Matthews honour.

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
They better win, not easy being a Bruin fan in the Leaf nation area. I play pick up hockey Sunday morning and they all know I am a Bruin fan. Hoping Carlo shuts down Matthews so I can bring up his name. Kid is completely unkown in the hockey world and just put up a plus 5 and one pt. Keep up the good work Sid Marchand. No doubt the angry hobbit glen healy shows a montage of Marchand 5 years ago, like he always does to continue the Anti Bruin mantra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad