GDT: 10/15/15 - 7:30PM EDT - Dallas VS Tampa Bay

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Cooper has a great system in place, but when was the last time he made an in-game decision that really turned the tides or "wow'd" anyone. He lucked out in forming TKO because of a delayed shift.

Not saying Boucher was better but there was a ton of times during the 2010-2011 season where he made coaching decisions in game that affected the outcome and you could really say he out-coached the opposition, ironically he had a very poor system in place.

Cooper looks like he just sits back and hope the system will work itself out.

I agree, but at the same time I prefer a good system to a good tactician. His system allows for creativity and flexibility from the players, so it's not like it's easy to adapt to.

Also - I mean, this is Coop's third season too. He's still developing too. Despite my frustration with some of his roster decisions, I still like what we have with him.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I agree, but at the same time I prefer a good system to a good tactician. His system allows for creativity and flexibility from the players, so it's not like it's easy to adapt to.

Also - I mean, this is Coop's third season too. He's still developing too. Despite my frustration with some of his roster decisions, I still like what we have with him.

Yeah not saying he's a bad coach or should be fired but he does have his flaws, but like you said he's only in his 3rd year (2 and a half?) of coaching in the NHL too.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
I thought, atleast from my opinion, Copper was just trying to shake things up. I believe there was a line of boyle cally and drouin for a little. Cally and boyle have arguably been top players for us so far.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Heres hoping Stammer can get going tonight. Should have another great game by Heddy tonight as well as Drouin.

Lets Go Bolts!!

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Prediction: Stamkos breaks through tonight, looking every bit the part of an elite player, thus making this thing even more messy.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Don't want to see Paquette/Flip reunited. Hope Coop has a Plan B. (Boyle?)

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Killorn pisses me off...dude should be playing with more fire and finishing every single one of his checks. He is the PF on that line and he doesn't have Stamkos to leech off of. Killorn must play like a PF ... wouldn't mind Paquette taking his spot on the wing. Need a player that brings it every game.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Drink every time Stamkos causes a TO because of a bad pass, drink every time Killorn veers off a collision on the boards, drink every time Vladdy gets knocked off the puck.

Yzlamic Preacher*

Anyone have a decent stream? Hockeystream is being ********.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad