GDT: 10/14: Optional Holiday Edition: Bruins vs. Red Wings - *1PM ET* -NHLN, NESN, 98.5 FM

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
40 years of following this team and the NHL has told me more times than not High end talent wins PERIOD.

Great we won the cup on Timmy T's back with that group and now we are less talented at forward in my view.

And please point out where I said we need a all-star team to win a cup :shakehead

I only have 34/5 years of watching this team, funny, seen some high end talent pulling the Bruins jersey over their heads yet.....had to wait 3 decades for that group of scrubs be saved by Timmy.

Please, show me one Cup team who`s goalie hasn`t stolen them games. This team scored at exactly the right times, got the save at the right times, and had all 4 lines outside of Horty, virtually healthy and running on all cylinders. Lucic/Bergy/Marchand/Krejci/Chara.....that`s not high end talent enough for you??

Sorry, some are never satisified, this team has 79 more games to play and your complaining already about a perceived lack of high end talent

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
They would have won 3 cups not 1 that the goalie was 90% of the reason we even won that one.

This team has ZERO game breaking talent, they need to work much harder for there goals when a team like the Wings can be out played big time and come away with a win. Because they have HIGH END TALENT!

Sorry, but do you realy think the three guy we have are better than the three that where big parts of the last three years you speak of ? Time will tell but I think the Seguin trade will be a disaster before all's said and done.

And give me Horton(playoff hero) over the washed up Iginla any day of the week. Iginla is done. And Soderberg over Pevs ? Well if we ever get to see him play we will know.

How'd that work out for the Wings last Saturday against the offensively challenged Bruins?

Detroit has played 1 more game than the Bruins, have 1 more win, the same amount of losses and are a +1 in goal differential, where Boston is +4.

We're 5 game games in, for the love of....let's relax.

Last year the Bruins looked horrible for a lot of the year, especially down the stretch, but they did okay when it mattered.

Let's see how they look come June

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
How'd that work out for the Wings last Saturday against the offensively challenged Bruins?

Detroit has played 1 more game than the Bruins, have 1 more win, the same amount of losses and are a +1 in goal differential, where Boston is +4.

Last year the Bruins looked horrible for a lot of the year, especially down the stretch, but they did okay when it mattered.

To be fair det was dead tired in that game 2 weeks ago. The bruins probably played a better game yesterday but lost instead of winning 4-1.

I agree to wait

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
I only have 34/5 years of watching this team, funny, seen some high end talent pulling the Bruins jersey over their heads yet.....had to wait 3 decades for that group of scrubs be saved by Timmy.

Please, show me one Cup team who`s goalie hasn`t stolen them games. This team scored at exactly the right times, got the save at the right times, and had all 4 lines outside of Horty, virtually healthy and running on all cylinders. Lucic/Bergy/Marchand/Krejci/Chara.....that`s not high end talent enough for you??

Sorry, some are never satisified, this team has 79 more games to play and your complaining already about a perceived lack of high end talent

Come on your better than this

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

To be fair det was dead tired in that game 2 weeks ago. The bruins probably played a better game yesterday but lost instead of winning 4-1.

I agree to wait

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
Sorry, but do you realy think the three guy we have are better than the three that where big parts of the last three years you speak of ?

Yes, I do.

I take Iginla over Horton, Loui over Seguin, and Soderberg/Smith/Caron over Peverley. Regarding Seguin, unrealized potential adds up to nothing. He showed little success working with the team strategy. The book is still out on Loui but we already knew what we had with Seguin and the team brass had also seen enough. It was time to move on, with all of them.

The Pens have game breaking talent, the Wings have a few guys too:sarcasm:

You do not require a team of all-stars to win a Cup

4ORRBRUIN: You should read and reread this. I'll add Ovechkin and Stamkos to this, too. You may never understand this but what carries the Bruins to their success is not necessarily individual "game breaking talent" doing their own thing but a roster of above average, competent players working together as a team. They mesh well and produce results. That is what is important. Success, not stacked rosters that don't succeed.

SaskBruin

Evaluation Nation
Sep 27, 2013
Saskatchewan
High end talent really helped the pens last year in the conference finals...

Boston gets it done by rolling 4 lines and yes there's talent in those lines. I am not big on moral victories but in both losses the puck just wouldn't go in except once off a kneecap. That effort wins most games(aside from that thing we call a power play). Boston will be a top contender again this year. Hopefully the boys are reasonably healthy come spring and primed for another run. I don't know about anyone else but I have enjoyed watching Boston play hockey in June despite no "high end talent" :help:

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
finally got to watch the full game on dvr.

does iginla think he's stamkos or something??
He's trying to one-time horrible passes. He's not good enough to be doing that.

no krug on the 5 on 3. hopefully somebody asked julien about that one.

gotta mix up the lines. We already are short on offensive talent, yet one of the few guys we have that can create offense is on the 3rd line. And you have a drone like smith on the 2nd line.

caron better be in the press box when yeti gets back.

seidenberg and boychuk at the points on the same unit of a power play?? wow. opposing coaches dream.

where was bart on the power play?

this season is starting how last season finished. Not too impressive.

iginla looks old, the team looks slow. and bergeron looks like a 4th liner out there.

530 Career goals. Five Hundred and thirty. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he might actually know what he's doing.

This place is a disaster :laugh:

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
530 Career goals. Five Hundred and thirty. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he might actually know what he's doing.

Yes it is, it should be called the Black and gold colored classes board. And shame on all of us that have an opinion that’s not in line with some of the homers that post here.

It’s ok to think differently on things and have a different view :shakehead

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Yes it is, it should be called the Black and gold colored classes board. And shame on all of us that have an opinion that’s not in line with all the homers that post here.

Would you say your posts are

a) mostly negative
b) split evenly
c) mostly positive

I promise you everyone on here would say "a" for you.

Now, whether or not you agree with everyone, imagine how it must seem for a team that has been one of the best in hockey the last few years, predicted to win their division this year, to have to constantly read how much they suck by you.

They aren't above reproach or criticism, and I have never had any problem doing such myself, but any chance you have of someone taking your negative posts seriously disappears when that is all you post. You are like the boy that cried, "Wolf!" and then added, "And these sheep suck and all of you suck and I hate grass."

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Yes it is, it should be called the Black and gold colored classes board. And shame on all of us that have an opinion that’s not in line with some of the homers that post here.

This team, as currently configured, is pretty widely considered by non-Bruins fans to be among the best, if not THE best in the East.

Over the past 5 years, this organization has more playoff wins than ANY other team in the NHL that includes teams with "elite" "game-breaking" talent, like the Black Hawks, Wings and Pens.

Believe it or not there is middle ground between "homer" and "chicken little". A realist would note that this team is pretty god damn good and will be just fine come games 83-105 or so.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Would you say your posts are

a) mostly negative
b) split evenly
c) mostly positive

I promise you everyone on here would say "a" for you.

Now, whether or not you agree with everyone, imagine how it must seem for a team that has been one of the best in hockey the last few years, predicted to win their division this year, to have to constantly read how much they suck by you.

They aren't above reproach or criticism, and I have never had any problem doing such myself, but any chance you have of someone taking your negative posts seriously disappears when that is all you post. You are like the boy that cried, "Wolf!" and then added, "And these sheep suck and all of you suck and I hate grass."

:laugh:

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Yes, I do.

I take Iginla over Horton, Loui over Seguin, and Soderberg/Smith/Caron over Peverley. Regarding Seguin, unrealized potential adds up to nothing. He showed little success working with the team strategy. The book is still out on Loui but we already knew what we had with Seguin and the team brass had also seen enough. It was time to move on, with all of them.

4ORRBRUIN: You should read and reread this. I'll add Ovechkin and Stamkos to this, too. You may never understand this but what carries the Bruins to their success is not necessarily individual "game breaking talent" doing their own thing but a roster of above average, competent players working together as a team. They mesh well and produce results. That is what is important. Success, not stacked rosters that don't succeed.

Im sure you felt that way when Horton was beating the Habs and Seguin was beating the Lightning and Peverley scoring hugh goals in that cup run. :help:

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
Shame on all of us that have an opinion that’s not in line with some of the homers that post here.

Is this a "think and believe as 4ORRBRUIN does or else you are a homer" board?

I think you should read and digest what you posted about it being OK to hold a different opinion...that includes those whose opinion is different from yours. You might also want to consider that while everyone has an opinion, not all opinions are equal.

Feel free to disagree if that's your opinion. :nod:

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
Im sure you felt that way when Horton was beating the Habs and Seguin was beating the Lightning and Peverley scoring hugh goals in that cup run. :help:

Uh, no?

I fully appreciate everything they did for the team; however, I have also come to the realization it is time to move on and let them pursue their fame and fortunes elsewhere.

I felt that way after discovering that NH has shoulder problems, and I couple that with his unfortunate tendency for concussion, as well as his tendency to float...a lot. He is too streaky for me. I liked having him on the team but I grew disillusioned over the shortened season. I think Iginla will more than make up what we are losing with his departure.

I have never been a Seguin bandwagoner. I tended to view him as a player full of potential who in the end was unable to realize his potential with this team. By the end of last season I was ready to see him go.

Same is true of Pevs. I think his best days are behind him and that the team has been able to more then adequately fill the hole his departure left behind.

I think the Bruins are in a much better place now as constituted, and I warmly thank the players who departed (Horton, Seguin, Peverley, Jagr and Ference) for their contributions and wish them success where they are. That probably doesn't fit well with your perception of how I'm supposed to feel. I can't help that.

Last edited:

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Is this a "think and believe as 4ORRBRUIN does or else you are a homer" board?

I think you should read and digest what you posted about it being OK to hold a different opinion...that includes those whose opinion is different from yours. You might also want to consider that while everyone has an opinion, not all opinions are equal.

Feel free to disagree if that's your opinion. :nod:

I am spending time defending myself when I should be allowed to think and post differently than the main stream posters that post nothing but cherry pie and ice cream.

This team has made some bad choices in trading away talented players over the years and as frustrated as I am with the Seguin trade I am willing to give it a chance, But based on a SMALL sample I think we are in trouble with it.

Again what everyone is pissed off about is

A- thats my opinion to begin with
B- how dare I even think that after 5plus games
c- Loui is better than Seguin
d- I have nothing good to say

Thats all.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Uh, no?

I fully appreciate everything they did for the team; however, I have also come to the realization it is time to move on and let them pursue their fame and fortunes elsewhere.

I felt that way after discovering that NH has shoulder problems, and I couple that with his unfortunate tendency for concussion, as well as his tendency to float...a lot. He is too streaky for me. I liked having him on the team but I grew disillusioned over the shortened season. I think Iginla will more than make up what we are losing with his departure.

I have never been a Seguin bandwagoner. I tended to view him as a player full of potential who in the end was unable to realize his potential with this team. By the end of last season I was ready to see him go.

Same is true of Pevs. I think his best days are behind him and that the team has been able to more then adequately fill the hole his departure left behind.

I think the Bruins are in a much better place now as constituted, and I warmly thank the players who departed (Horton, Seguin, Peverley, Jagr and Ference) for their contributions and wish them success where they are. That probably doesn't fit well with your perception of how I'm supposed to feel. I can't help that.

Me either, but I will say they jumped the gun and traded low. It was more to do with the cap issue that Chia put himself in than Seguin himself.

Ya he stunk in the playoffs so did a few others.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
Me either, but I will say they jumped the gun and traded low. It was more to do with the cap issue that Chia put himself in than Seguin himself.

We will not agree on this. It was pretty obvious from "Behind the B" that the front office was done with Seguin. He was shopped earlier prior to the trade deadline and go no takers. Hmmm. Once the season was over the dealt him away for a reasonable return. Apparently they had to sweeten the deal with Peverley to make it work?

As far as I can tell the only cap decisions were Ference and Horton, perhaps Pevs to a degree. But Seguin was gone, regardless, at least in my opinion.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

Of course he knows what hes doing. Hes just not as good anymore.
Those would go in 5 years ago.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
We will not agree on this. It was pretty obvious from "Behind the B" that the front office was done with Seguin. He was shopped earlier prior to the trade deadline and go no takers. Hmmm. Once the season was over the dealt him away for a reasonable return. Apparently they had to sweeten the deal with Peverley to make it work?

As far as I can tell the only cap decisions were Ference and Horton, perhaps Pevs to a degree. But Seguin was gone, regardless, at least in my opinion.

Its too bad they gave up on segs.
We prob win the cup if jags and segs were swapped in the line combos.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast

....or not. Seguin was simply lacking motivation throughout the playoffs; I doubt that moving him to a different line would have made much of a difference. As for Jagr, from what I saw, he never completely developed chemistry with his linemayes. Kind of like when Iginla was with the Pens; bounced lines a lot, but still managed to make some key plays.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston

I know this is just me being Mr negative and everyone sucks ect ect but I would say that the Seguin segment was just to cozy and convenient for me.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
But based on a SMALL sample I think we are in trouble with it.

I think this bit here is where you're ruffling the most feathers. Rough starts are not unfamiliar to this team/fanbase, and considering that we lost Ference, Peverley, Seguin, and Horton (all 4 players being with us for multiple seasons), this sample becomes even more irrelevant to the big picture.

Considering that Iggy leads our team in shots, is willing to hit and fight, and has decent chemistry with his mates *and* Loui is settling in and has 2 goals.. perhaps it is a bit soon to write off the season. Personally, I don't agree with your take, but I don't think you're being too outrageous. I'd just pump the brakes a bit.

5/82 X 100= 6%. I'll be willing to join you in the HF panic minority after the 20%(ish) point of the season.

Just remember: If it reaches that point, I will not be putting one iota of the blame on Claude or Caron, because I love em unconditionally and dgaf about empirical evidence ;)

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad