GDT: 10/14: Optional Holiday Edition: Bruins vs. Red Wings - *1PM ET* -NHLN, NESN, 98.5 FM

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
I still think that everything hasn't completely clicked yet. Either that, or backup goalies will continue to allude us.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
I really want to see Hamilton back in. Don't think he deserved to be taken out.

Bartkowski has been fine but Hamilton needs to develop and he in no way hurts the team by playing.

Gotta get wins on 4 of the next 5. Buffalo, NJ, Flordia, Tampa. Sharks will be a tough game but we can definitely win that as well. Guessing we'll see Johnson vs. Thomas Thursday.

Not gonna lie, I'm not really looking forward to that Sharks game...

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I think the Bs can take at least 3 of those games and maybe all 5-depends a lot on how they play. I think they need to get the PP fixed-there is no excuse for how awful it looks right now.

I also think Dougie needs to come back in.

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
Overall a pretty good game I thought, just way too many fluffed chances and a couple of defensive breakdowns that cost them.

Oh, and not using Krug on that 5-on-3 was mindboggling.

blackngold4877

Aug 31, 2006
We played really well in both losses, we need to finish the chances. Seems like that's always the problem with this team, regardless of the players the lack of finish stays the same. It will come, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Not having Krug on the 5-3 was just... wow. Really cant explain that one.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
That was a lot like the Colorado game. Should have came away with at least 4 goals. Effort was there. Finish was not.

I think Caron comes out for Soderberg if he's ready. I'd swap McQuaid for Hamilton too, but that's just me. It's really going to come down to the top-6 performing the way they can though. That's the bottom line.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
Smith has 3 SOG this season. That's not a top 6 forward. Julien needs to wake up and get the lines right, starting with pairing Eriksson with Lucic and Krejci.

You know that's not happening, Claude will roll with this until the bitter end.

It is time to put Marchand back with Bergy and Eriksson.

I'm also thinking that maybe we should not all assume Caron comes out when Yeti is healthy. Smith has not really done sweet **** all.

putabergeronthegrill

Oct 31, 2011
I caught the last 10 minutes and we looked okay. Was happy to see Looch get the second goal. the effort all around is obviously there. Once we start scoring we'll go on a nice streak again.

They seem to be hitting their stride, really its still only 5 games.

I never supported putting marchand on the 3rd line so hope he is back soon.

hamilton needs to be back in there.

FONZIE

AYYYYYY!!!!
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Moved to Wisconsin
I was at the game today and had a couple of thoughts:

-I still think Marchand has a lower body injury
-Bartkowski is still rusty
-The Red Wings first line is money
-I was really impressed with Dekeyser and Ericsson
-Kindl is terrible
-Franzen interferes alot - watch him next time
-Bertuzzi was gunning for Chara all game
-I don't know if Chara was checking HARD because of his bad game or he put himself out of position with those HARD checks causing his bad game
-I now have a man-crush on Krug
-Iginla needs to know when to leave the slot and help his linemates on the boards

Overall, it was an exciting game to be at.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I was also confused as to why Campbell was on the second unit power play the whole game.

I love the guy, but come on. Really hope Yeti is ready to go soon. Got 3 days to rest and practice.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I was also confused as to why Campbell was on the second unit power play the whole game.

I love the guy, but come on. Really hope Yeti is ready to go soon. Got 3 days to rest and practice.

My guess is net front presence-soup is good in front of the net.

I also assume that it is likely temporary and Soderberg will he on that unit in front of the net where he is pretty good.

PP IMO is a mess but I mostly blame Ward-he is the only coach I know who can take talented players and make them totally stink when they have a man advantage.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Deserved the win in this one.
Difference is det has high end talent that create quality chances and they finish them.
The bruins dont really have highvend offensive talent.
Krejci is prob their best.
Then maybe marchand and krug. Not much there

How did all that high end talent work out for DET the last 3 years? PIT? CHI has the talent, but also the grit, as does LA.

The B's have taken their "lacking high end talent" roster and been in the PO's the last 3 years, Finals twice, winning the Cup once, so I'm really not sure what the hell you are talking about? On offense, they replaced Seguin, Horton, and Pevs with Eriksson, Iginla, and Soderberg, and I would say that the latter three are just as (if not more) skilled as the the the former.

I wonder how good the B's would have been the last three years if they actually had some "high end talent"?? :sarcasm:

Five games in and I can't believe some of the BS people are already spewing. It's going to be a long year at this rate.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
finally got to watch the full game on dvr.

does iginla think he's stamkos or something??
He's trying to one-time horrible passes. He's not good enough to be doing that.

no krug on the 5 on 3. hopefully somebody asked julien about that one.

gotta mix up the lines. We already are short on offensive talent, yet one of the few guys we have that can create offense is on the 3rd line. And you have a drone like smith on the 2nd line.

caron better be in the press box when yeti gets back.

seidenberg and boychuk at the points on the same unit of a power play?? wow. opposing coaches dream.

where was bart on the power play?

this season is starting how last season finished. Not too impressive.

iginla looks old, the team looks slow. and bergeron looks like a 4th liner out there.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
So after the Wings score, up in section 329, I felt a little trickle in my left nostril - and I was like Son of a Sobotka! a bloody nose, great.... and then they scored.

So the guys I was with were saying I needed to get punched in the face and take one for the team at the end of the game.:laugh:

Anyways - I didn't think the Bruins were aggressive enough; Chara, specifically, could have played Pavel Datsyuk much, much more physically than he did. The opposite of the Rodney Dangerfield effect going on here, I think. Too much respect.

Marchand seemed to be trying to do too much on his own with Kelly & Caron and I think that the line combo needs to end. I wouldn't mind seeing Iggy with Bergy & Marchand and Erikson with Krejci & Lucic - but Iggy knows were to be positionally to receive the pass and does seem to fit there - but I think we were all expecting more offense from the top 2 lines.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
You know that's not happening, Claude will roll with this until the bitter end.

It is time to put Marchand back with Bergy and Eriksson.

I'm also thinking that maybe we should not all assume Caron comes out when Yeti is healthy. Smith has not really done sweet **** all.

Really? While hardly knocking on the door for any end of the year hardware, I`ve liked his game. Has taken no shifts off and up to yesterday when he missed his check on Zetterberg, I thought he had also played well defensively up to that point.

Marchand on the other hand, up to yesterday, looked uninspired in the previous 4 games, and he too missed his check leading to a goal yesterday.

I don`t care who sits when Soderberg returns, but IMO, to say Smith has done what you said he`s done, just isn`t accurate.

Thornton should sit if anyone, case closed

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Frustrating but fun game to watch. Too many missed nets for my liking but at least our boys didn`t play with their usual matinee style lackluster performance. Far too slow on moving the puck around on the 5 on 3 for my liking.

Didn`t like Quaider`s game nor Thornton`s, as I stated above, for as much as I love Thorty, I`d prefer another guy like Smith/Caron on the 4th who will actually use his body effectively. Thorty really looking slow...and for a guy who was never blessed with speed, that`s bad.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
How did all that high end talent work out for DET the last 3 years? PIT? CHI has the talent, but also the grit, as does LA.

The B's have taken their "lacking high end talent" roster and been in the PO's the last 3 years, Finals twice, winning the Cup once, so I'm really not sure what the hell you are talking about? On offense, they replaced Seguin, Horton, and Pevs with Eriksson, Iginla, and Soderberg, and I would say that the latter three are just as (if not more) skilled as the the the former.

I wonder how good the B's would have been the last three years if they actually had some "high end talent"?? :sarcasm:

Five games in and I can't believe some of the BS people are already spewing. It's going to be a long year at this rate.

They would have won 3 cups not 1 that the goalie was 90% of the reason we even won that one.

This team has ZERO game breaking talent, they need to work much harder for there goals when a team like the Wings can be out played big time and come away with a win. Because they have HIGH END TALENT!

Sorry, but do you realy think the three guy we have are better than the three that where big parts of the last three years you speak of ? Time will tell but I think the Seguin trade will be a disaster before all's said and done.

And give me Horton(playoff hero) over the washed up Iginla any day of the week. Iginla is done. And Soderberg over Pevs ? Well if we ever get to see him play we will know.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
They would have won 3 cups not 1 that the goalie was 90% of the reason we even won that one.

This team has ZERO game breaking talent, they need to work much harder for there goals when a team like the Wings can be out played big time and come away with a win. Because they have HIGH END TALENT!

Sorry, but do you realy think the three guy we have are better than the three that where big parts of the last three years you speak of ? Time will tell but I think the Seguin trade will be a disaster before all's said and done.

And give me Horton(playoff hero) over the washed up Iginla any day of the week. Iginla is done. And Soderberg over Pevs ? Well if we ever get to see him play we will know.

The Pens have game breaking talent, the Wings have a few guys too:sarcasm:

You do not require a team of all-stars to win a Cup

5 games in, full blown panic mode:shakehead

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
The Pens have game breaking talent, the Wings have a few guys too:sarcasm:

You do not require a team of all-stars to win a Cup

5 games in, full blown panic mode:shakehead

40 years of following this team and the NHL has told me more times than not High end talent wins PERIOD.

Great we won the cup on Timmy T's back with that group and now we are less talented at forward in my view.

And please point out where I said we need a all-star team to win a cup :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad