GDT: 10/14/23 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Detroit

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
As unimpressive as JB's trade for Jeannot has been thus far, Hagel has been our best forward in these two games in my opinion. I'm very thankful we have him. Jeannot has looked better to me through preseason, I still have optimism for him chipping in around 15 goals this year.

The defense was total shite tonight. This is one of those games where you have to have an elite goaltender like Vasy in net to have a fighting chance. JJ had some questionable goals, but he also made a number of stops on grade A chances. We gave up two 2 on 0's this game, let alone all the high danger chances in close.

Heddy made some really bad turnovers in our zone tonight, but made some great offensive plays to end the game at a even +/-. The team has only had two games that actually count playing the new scheme. It's probably going to some time for it second nature to them. Unfortunately we don't have Vasy to carry us during this period.

Sergachev also seems like he's getting off to a slow start. Maybe he's struggling with the new system. That play at the blueline where the puck was sort of a 50/50 between him and the opponent, that's classic Serge - he always gambles on those plays. I love how he stuck up for Point though and gave Seider the red-headed step child treatment.

De Haan looks like a definite downgrade from Cole and Fleury looks just as much a borderline NHL player as he did last year. I'm not sure why Cooper wanted to have both in a game.

Reactions: Tampa22 and Hoek

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Never mind the high priced stars who themselves are already into the negative side of plus/minus or the fact our all world goaltender is on the LTIR without a proven NHL backup to fill that all important position, "we" will place the blame of the fourth line forward who has had the brunt of the FAILURES of this TEAM placed on his shoulders since he got here.
For a fan base that considers itself to be knowledgeable in how the game works, some of you folks must have paid off your "teachers" to pass that class.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Never mind the high priced stars who themselves are already into the negative side of plus/minus or the fact our all world goaltender is on the LTIR without a proven NHL backup to fill that all important position, "we" will place the blame of the fourth line forward who has had the brunt of the FAILURES of this TEAM placed on his shoulders since he got here.
For a fan base that considers itself to be knowledgeable in how the game works, some of you folks must have paid off your "teachers" to pass that class.
You had teachers?!?

Reactions: Crunchrulz

larueskee

Player/Member USA Hockey or affilates 1972-2006
Mar 15, 2017
Seattle, WA
Have to ask why Tampa did not extend Cole cause the D is way worse without him. Sergasieve is just another offensive d man looking for stats and his vodka bottle. Perbix and Raddysh look like JAGs this year so far, and Cernak has me wondering how he got 5.2 million per year for the decade. Making the playoffs is going to be a tough task if you can't beat Detroit.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Have to ask why Tampa did not extend Cole cause the D is way worse without him. Sergasieve is just another offensive d man looking for stats and his vodka bottle. Perbix and Raddysh look like JAGs this year so far, and Cernak has me wondering how he got 5.2 million per year for the decade. Making the playoffs is going to be a tough task if you can't beat Detroit.
Cap Space.
Per capfriendly, 64 percent of the team's Cap is tied into six players, which does not leave a lot to spread out over the rest of the roster. Factor in Cernak and Cirelli and that goes up to 77.7% of Cap Space tied up in 8 contracts. Cole was a victim of numbers, as were other players in the last few off seasons.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

larueskee

Mar 15, 2017
Seattle, WA
Cole was also trash in the playoffs last season sooooo that probably factored into it.
He wasn't trash. I realize that Cooper is a god for the cups he won but his lambasting of Cole on the bench after a goal that wasn't Cole's fault was bush. It also put doubt in the minds of fan boys like you. This after Cole scored a beauty of a goal to get Tampa back in that game. For the record Cole was minus 3 for that Toronto series but Sergaseive was minus 4. Lets not forget that Cole lost his partner Cernak due to a knockout in game 1 and he never reappeared. Serg has talent but is a lazy player defending.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
He wasn't trash. I realize that Cooper is a god for the cups he won but his lambasting of Cole on the bench after a goal that wasn't Cole's fault was bush. It also put doubt in the minds of fan boys like you. This after Cole scored a beauty of a goal to get Tampa back in that game. For the record Cole was minus 3 for that Toronto series but Sergaseive was minus 4. Lets not forget that Cole lost his partner Cernak due to a knockout in game 1 and he never reappeared. Serg has talent but is a lazy player defending.
Lmao. Cole was absolutely the worst defenseman by a mile. Now I know you’re not serious. Let’s not forget Cole is also a trash human being outside of hockey. I would have driven him to the airport personally to get him to Vancouver.

• Haha
Reactions: Stammertime91

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
Cole was terrible in playoffs. I had no idea Cooper yelled at him on the bench - that's news to me. I simply watched him in the goal replays.

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
While people have complained about Jeannot through the two games, I don't think anyone said the blame solely lies with the 4th liner. They just want to see more out of him, given the near franchise historical price we paid for him. He's looked better to me this preseason and I think he's going to be a good fourth liner, but it won't make the price we paid for him look any better. That criticism should be focused on JB, not Jeannot.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Who the f*** is this clown?

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
I know nothing about Cole personally so i'll shy away from that but i'll say at stretches he wasn't good and he certainly wasn't going to command that kind of money again, at least not from us. He was a slightly more agile version of Bogosion yet kinda worse?

larueskee

Mar 15, 2017
Seattle, WA
I know nothing about Cole personally so i'll shy away from that but i'll say at stretches he wasn't good and he certainly wasn't going to command that kind of money again, at least not from us. He was a slightly more agile version of Bogosion yet kinda worse?
Cole had the 3rd most ice of all your d men last year. May have had the most pk minutes for the Lightening. Lets see how negative the goal differential is this season. Last year the Bolts were a plus 29 and after 3 games this year minus 3. I will tell you because you obviously don't know, Cole is about 4th in active d men for career plus minus. Best defender you had last year. Watch the season unfold.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Cole had the 3rd most ice of all your d men last year. May have had the most pk minutes for the Lightening. Lets see how negative the goal differential is this season. Last year the Bolts were a plus 29 and after 3 games this year minus 3. I will tell you because you obviously don't know, Cole is about 4th in active d men for career plus minus. Best defender you had last year. Watch the season unfold.
WOW, plus minus!? Tell me more! PS eat shit, because you obviously don't know

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno
All the vitriol about the D this year...and it's well deserved. As far as the D in prior years...Really, who does, or should care? They will get their s#$% together by Turkey day, or they'll be just trying to stay out of the cellar.
As an aside, not that most of us care, but de Oil is a fat minus 8 after TWO games to the Canucks. This from a team most, including me, have projected (or bet) to come out of the west. Kraken are sucking air as well.
Oh, and our dear friends to the south, last years SC finalists, are 0-2 and a minus 4.
It's 3 games in for the boys, and it ain't pretty, especially behind two 2a, 2b tenders. But, I still have some top shelf bourbon (Blantons) to savor after a solid outing. It can start in Buffalo.

larueskee

Mar 15, 2017
Seattle, WA
WOW, plus minus!? Tell me more! PS eat shit, because you obviously don't know
I always find it interesting when someone questions plus minus and drools over fancy stats. Accumulated plus minus equals goal differential. It is math and math never lies. Sergasieve took another minus last night and was also on the ice for the ot winner for the Sabres and that did not count as a minus. Keep on driving down the same road and the destination does not change bub.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
I always find it interesting when someone questions plus minus and drools over fancy stats. Accumulated plus minus equals goal differential. It is math and math never lies. Sergasieve took another minus last night and was also on the ice for the ot winner for the Sabres and that did not count as a minus. Keep on driving down the same road and the destination does not change bub.
Lmao

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad