GDT: 10/14/23 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Detroit

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Disgraceful performance. Serg and Raddysh are an atrocious pairing, and the defense as a whole was a joke. This team flat out must be 10x better while Vasy is out or they won't even be in striking distance when he does.
This is what people need to realize. Most teams out of playoffs by December miss the playoffs. They need to be in the dance when Vasy comes back or the season is a lost one (we don't have a 1st, 2nd or 3rd rd pick)

Reactions: JTBF81

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
in hindsight our window closed the second we traded mcdonagh. i don’t think hedman has even regressed defensively he just can’t handle the tough minutes mcdonagh played. sergachev can’t play defense if he isn’t sheltered like crazy either.

Reactions: Stammertime91

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Why give up all that for Jeannot and sign him and then not even play him. I don't think he's that great, but he should have at least thrown the body when things got chippy
Did you see any signs he was gonna throw the body? I think he would have gotten more shifts if he'd shown some teeth. He didn't, so we needed guys who might score.

...Here lies Tanner Jeannot...

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Why give up all that for Jeannot and sign him and then not even play him. I don't think he's that great, but he should have at least thrown the body when things got chippy
Agreed, the trade(and extension tbh) looks worse and worse if all he's going to be is a 4th line plug that basically does nothing. Very pleased so far they prioritized him over others, it's working great....

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Bleh. Was hoping for a continuation of what we saw in the Nashville game. To say we were bad defensively was an understatement. I wasn't crazy about some of the goals JJ let in, but this loss is not on him. He more than did his part with how many big saves he had to make to keep this close. Normally I'd say shake it off, but we have Tomkins making his NHL debut tomorrow, and it's an unknown of how he'll handle that. We really need to be ready and sharper to give ourselves a shot. Can't give Tomkins the same kind of help we gave JJ and expect a better result.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
As a gossipy thing... I wonder if Sergei Fedorov will see his number retired under Yzerman? Fedorov had a weird exit from Detroit. Never too sure where he and Yzerman stood with each other.
Fedorov is head coach of CSKA Moscow. The old Red Army Team.

Maybe just because of current events, they couldn't do it.

Reactions: DFC

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Bleh. Was hoping for a continuation of what we saw in the Nashville game. To say we were bad defensively was an understatement. I wasn't crazy about some of the goals JJ let in, but this loss is not on him. He more than did his part with how many big saves he had to make to keep this close. Normally I'd say shake it off, but we have Tomkins making his NHL debut tomorrow, and it's an unknown of how he'll handle that. We really need to be ready and sharper to give ourselves a shot. Can't give Tomkins the same kind of help we gave JJ and expect a better result.
Yeah, that's about as good as we can expect from JJ in a game like that. Team has to overcome it by just flat out being more focused. We looked like we wanted a track meet, got it, and couldn't keep up.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Yeah, that's about as good as we can expect from JJ in a game like that. Team has to overcome it by just flat out being more focused. We looked like we wanted a track meet, got it, and couldn't keep up.

With how fast teams have gotten around the league now it's insane we prioritized Tanner Jeannot as a target. Tampa got smoked tonight in terms of speed, and that's sitting ABB, Watson and Bogo out. This was our fastest lineup.

Reactions: aylib

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Nothing I hate more than careless plays by the supposed leaders on the team. Lazy, stupid play from our defensemen is going to sink this team this year

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think the team is used to not showing any urgency until it's needed, which tends to come later in the year. But this year is obviously different. A lot of the teams in our division have gotten a lot better, and we don't have a real starting goalie until... well, we don't even know.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Probably need to average 4 goals a game to have a chance til vasy gets back. I thought we had a blue collar approach in game 1, while this one was very sloppy. Go Bolts.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I was going to mention Jeannot but I see others already have. The guy is f***ing useless. What we saw last year was better. He looks as slow and mediocre as ever. Not useful on the forecheck and he doesn't do much to set the tone. Certainly not like his reputation says he should.

We need to hit 4 goals a game in order to have a chance. New system looks well, new? Old? Bad? Sure.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I was going to mention Jeannot but I see others already have. The guy is f***ing useless. What we saw last year was better. He looks as slow and mediocre as ever. Not useful on the forecheck and he doesn't do much to set the tone. Certainly not like his reputation says he should.

We need to hit 4 goals a game in order to have a chance. New system looks well, new? Old? Bad? Sure.
Not defending his play but I'm sure he's feeling a ton of pressure to produce points. I think that might be taking away from his physical game a bit.

Gonna be a lot of 5-4 games til Vasy's back.

Hold onto your butts...
iu

Reactions: Renopucker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad