GDT: 10/11/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
They were in the game since the Leafs missed about 5 opportunities in the 2nd.
As did the Wings. So...

Athanasiou alone missed two glorious chances. Then Vanek hits the post, Larkin misses the slam dunk by somehow hitting the post.

Horseshoes and handgrenades...

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
I can't believe there are people in here trying to pretend the Wings ever had a chance, even if they tied it up the Leafs would have just padded their stats some more. Give me a break.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I can't believe there are people in here trying to pretend the Wings ever had a chance, even if they tied it up the Leafs would have just padded their stats some more. Give me a break.
It was a 4-3 game with an added empty net. To think the Wings didn't have a chance even though the Leafs didn't or couldn't just put the game away is more asinine.

Surprisingly enough, even the best teams lose to inferior teams from time to time.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Leafs can score goals but they are pretty bad otherwise. Wings could have had 5 goals on them with an ounce of luck. That's realbad.
What? You guys were thoroughly schooled in the first two periods and needed Howard to make a number of ten bellers. Score effects are a thing.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Lol so this is the real golden Knights. No more hype to carry the team above mediocrity.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Didn't play well enough to win, the Leafs did make the Wings anemic offense look good from time to time. Man they are not good on the back-end... Lots of horses up front but I wasn't all that impressed with them outside of the second where yes they were very good. But man they allowed a lot of chances the Wings struggle to typically generate and to me it is because they are not good defensively at all. Even in the second it was more a relentless forecheck than solid consistent back and forth with their d helping.

Matthews is a monster though, exciting as a Team USA hockey fan.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
why exactly do they wait for the game to get close again to do that?

The Leafs were in a one goal game with the lowly Wings with 6 minutes left in the third. Enjoy the win but this should've been a blowout. Especially for how crappily Detroit played in the second. And to a lesser extent the first.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Didn't play well enough to win, the Leafs did make the Wings anemic offense look good from time to time. Man they are not good on the back-end... Lots of horses up front but I wasn't all that impressed with them outside of the second where yes they were very good. But man they allowed a lot of chances the Wings struggle to typically generate and to me it is because they are not good defensively at all. Even in the second it was more a relentless forecheck than solid consistent back and forth with their d helping.

Matthews is a monster though, exciting as a Team USA hockey fan.

Its only October.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Golden Knights look to have passed their Cinderella season and are now on full tank mode

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
And now is for sure the time to be on a roll. ;)

Seriously though, the game plan for teams will be simple, "don't take penalties". If you can stay disciplined you will be fine, if not you will lose.

That appears to be the key, no PP chances, literally NONE you can't afford to give Toronto a PP

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Lol so this is the real golden Knights. No more hype to carry the team above mediocrity.

They lost a lot of goals and points when Neal and Perron left. Replaced with Pacioretty (coming off a bad season) and Stastny (who despite playing 82 last season, is always injured).

Let's see after 20 games where they are.

Reactions: Sol

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Its only October.

It was only October for Columbus, LA and Anaheim who all looked demonstrably better. That looks like a bottom 10 unit in the league to me. Babcock can try and they do have a lot of complete two-way forwards protecting them up front but it is hard to believe they are going to hold up and play the trade chances game when it counts. But yes you have time, I don't think the answer is in your organization though at least not this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad