GDT: 10/10/15 - 1:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Buffalo | F/W 4-1

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Sustr just looks like a wet noodle out on the ice, not a fan of him. He gets beat along the wall all the time, he's not strong enough for board battles, he's tall but scrawny.

He can't even use his monsterous height/reach to his strength, there was a play where Kane came down on him 1 on 1 but he left too much space between them so Kane was able to drag it out of his 6'8 reach and fire it between his legs. That should almost never happen for guy his size.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
How you Drouin everybody? WAtching the first two games Drouin looks great, and stammer looks average. I think Stammer will still get it going and hit 50 goals.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Great game.
Drouin has been so much better defensively... it's really impressive.

Agreed. He's just a lot calmer in the D zone now. I don't think he's terrified that a minus will land him on the bench. You can see him getting into lanes. His actual backchecking can be pretty terrific too, because he catches guys before they realize he's close.

It really is amazing that the knock on this kid was his skating when he came into the league. I think he's faster than last year.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
The one thing he's still doing a bit is he's handling the puck inside the defensive blue line a bit too much. That's a skill thing on his part - he thinks he can get away with it, and most of the time he can. It's still a high risk, low reward type play though.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
The one thing he's still doing a bit is he's handling the puck inside the defensive blue line a bit too much. That's a skill thing on his part - he thinks he can get away with it, and most of the time he can. It's still a high risk, low reward type play though.

Eh I love when he plays keepaway with the puck, it often gives times for the other players to get open or cut to the net. It's where he rushes a pass that he gets in trouble.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Eh I love when he plays keepaway with the puck, it often gives times for the other players to get open or cut to the net. It's where he rushes a pass that he gets in trouble.

Don't do it at the defensive blue line - too much risk.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Drouin has really upped his defensive game, which is what was lacking last season, he really uses his speed to get back and make great plays in his end. Glad to see it, Cally will help his development with this as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad