GDT: 10/10/15 - 1:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Buffalo | F/W 4-1

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
I just came home in time to catch the 3rd period. Holy smokes, Bish is in the same mode as Tom Brady in football; the "bleep you" tour as it were. He's getting no love for post season awards by the "experts", he's not rated a "top" goalie by the "experts" and he's going to say "bleep you" to everyone.

I love it. This is the attitude we need from everyone the entire season.

(except Stammer's agent)

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Definitely a good road game. The Sabres are no joke anymore.

I thought Namestnikov was pretty good considering he still plays with grinders. He created a lot of chances by himself and looked very confident.

Killorn sucks tho.

Yzlamic Preacher*

I miss Chiefs mis-pronouncing of everything. WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO FOR A DRINKING GAME NOW?

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Good, solid road win. The team is looking very good already. Seems like we could get some secondary scoring this year too.

I love how Bishop has played. Maybe the successful playoff run last year has helped him become even better.

Yzlamic Preacher*

Definitely a good road game. The Sabres are no joke anymore.

I thought Namestnikov was pretty good considering he still plays with grinders. He created a lot of chances by himself and looked very confident.

Killorn sucks tho.

What?

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I'm glad this game didn't have much drama to it. Great start to the road trip. Now they can focus on a couple harder tests in Boston and Detroit.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
No major complaints about anyone. Still come concerns about Namestnikov's strength/balance, but he wasn't challenged much with that today. Sustr was likely our worst player, but that's fine. He's our worst player anyway. The good thing is he hasn't been a complete trainwreck, and that's an improvement. Carle has actually been a net positive through two games. I don't think he had a single turnover in this one, and I only spotted a minor one in the last game.

Good games from all three triplets, even if they only connected once. Palat has no points, but he's right on the brink of beast mode. His backchecking has been fantastic, and he's pulling off those slippery little stick-lifts all over the place.

All four lines look great. The PP looked decent/improved (vs. Buffalo... I know).

Best player was probably Hedman again.

Oxbow Lakes

Jun 1, 2015
Finland
Shouldn't Drouin get a secondary assist to that Stammer goal?

Good game. Once again started slowly and got better and better as the game went on, nice to see that every line got a goal as well.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach

Good game. Once again started slowly and got better and better as the game went on, nice to see that every line got a goal as well.

wondering if they will change it, but idk if they will if they didnt already. He touched the puck while he was getting mugged by the defender.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Yeah am surprised he did not get an assist but that cally pass was a beauty and he planned it also. That line is shaping up to what I hoped for.

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Solid away game, felt like they put in a higher gear in the third period and Sabres couldn't match it.

Lot of positives, always great to get the goal scorers on the sheet early on.

Sustr was bad again, Carle is actually a step ahead, keeps it simple.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
I like what Namestnikov is showing since the preseason, still lacks power but he's become more elusive, the lad can stake around people. J.T. Brown's goal is all about Vlad, too bad he didn't get an assist. Sustr is ******* awful, he can't even hit the stick of an open teammate. It kills me Palat is still scoreless, but what a playmaker.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I was at todays game, they looked kind of meh in the 1st period but then came out swinging in the 2nd. Triplets looked better than the first game today, Stamkos looked pretty good, he had a nice goal today. Ben was our best player today. I laughed out loud when Brown scored and got some weird looks from people.

2 - 0 :) Gotta take these early points while we can

Callum

Jun 8, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Great road game.

Drouin looks great, hopefully he will pick up an assist on Stammers goal as I'm pretty sure he touches it after watching slow-mo replays.

Our top-4 looks really solid.

Eichel is going to be a beast for years to come..

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I like what Namestnikov is showing since the preseason, still lacks power but he's become more elusive, the lad can stake around people. J.T. Brown's goal is all about Vlad, too bad he didn't get an assist. Sustr is ******* awful, he can't even hit the stick of an open teammate. It kills me Palat is still scoreless, but what a playmaker.

Sustr just looks like he's whaling the puck as hard as he can, no aim what so ever.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

It was a great goal.

http://lightning.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/recap?id=2015020017&navid=DL|TBL|home
"Couple shifts before he tried to feed one out from and the goalie got his stick on it," Stamkos said. "[Callahan] came back to the bench and said, 'I should've thrown it off the net.' Second time he does it and it's right on my tape. Pretty impressive play."
"Yeah, we were talking about that. Playground rules," Lightning coach Jon Cooper said. "That's a heady play, that's the skill level of these players. They think things like that under immense pressure, defensemen on you and Stammer's joining the spot and Stammer does what Stammer does."

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Every team has to have a worst player. Ours is Sustr. But as bottom pairing D go, he's been okay so far.

The surprising thing has been Matt Carle. He's looked like a middle pairing Dman again. We'll see if that holds true as the competition gets tougher.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad