OT: 10,000 Pt XLIII - The Ultimate Raw Deal (or LS's House of the Dead)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Maybe I'm just showing my age, but I was at the SM Civic show they filmed.....
Man, what I wouldn't do to go back then and see that. Boingo broke up when I was 2 so I never got to see them. Considered going to Coachella this year just to see Elfman, but it was too expensive and I was in Texas for a recording session.

Wall of Voodoo was another one I'm really big on. Call of the West was one of my favorite albums in late middle school/early high school and my cousin gave me a copy of Dark Continent when I was maybe 16. They did a tour with the Residents back in maybe 1982 that sounds like an amazing bill, when the Rez were doing the Mole Show.

Reactions: Alaskanice

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Obit

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California

Obit
Aw man.

Tremors is one of my favorite movies of all time. Gonna have to watch that again later.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

Thanks Lego! I was just thinking "you know, my most pressing problem right now is that my wallet is just too heavy. I wish something would come along and take some of this pesky money I have."

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada

Thanks Lego! I was just thinking "you know, my most pressing problem right now is that my wallet is just too heavy. I wish something would come along and take some of this pesky money I have."

Nem, did you understand what Optimus was saying at the beginning?

"Brah weep gragna weep pinny-pong" is basically what my ears heard, romanized for you if you ever wanted to translate for us. I never knew Transformers had their own language, that's kinda like Tolkien in a way.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Nem, did you understand what Optimus was saying at the beginning?

"Brah weep gragna weep pinny-pong" is basically what my ears heard, romanized for you if you ever wanted to translate for us. I never knew Transformers had their own language, that's kinda like Tolkien in a way.

It's a gag from the 80s movie. That phrase "bah weep granah weep ninibong" (or something like that. I don't remember the "official" spelling) is supposed to be the "universal greeting." A couple of the characters get stranded on a planet inhabited by what are basically shark/goblin transformers and one of them uses that phrase along with a food (or Transformers equivalent) bribe to get on their good side. Then later in the movie the other character recalls that to make peace with the Junkions (a sub-race of scrapyard transformers made of a mish-mash of parts and whose entire culture is composed of advertising jingles and tv catch phrases they crib from tv and radio waves that pass their planet).

It's one of the more unabashedly goofy parts of the original movie.

(This is just the initial scene, not the second one. Plus a referencing bit from one of the 2010s games)

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California

RIP

Good music
Aw man. The Blade Runner OST is one of the all-time best. Guy was a big pioneer in electronic music.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
RIP. Who didn't love Star Wars universe appearance.

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
RIP. Who didn't love Star Wars universe appearance.
Remember the Cant!!!

Reactions: LadyStanley
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad