OT: 10,000 Pt XLIII - The Ultimate Raw Deal (or LS's House of the Dead)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009

I'm guessing it's a company sponsored sticker

Piggybacking on this.....

Do we actually know how Jumbo got his nick name? Is it because he is huge and people like alliterations? or is it related to Jumbo the elephant?

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I'm at a loss. One of my kids has special needs and the bus picks him up in front of my house. When the bus stops to load a child up a red stop sign protrudes from the side to tell drivers to wait. In that brief amount of time a couple honked and honked at the bus. When I looked back they were screaming and flipping me off, so I asked what the problem was. They (mostly she) yelled profanities and said they were in a hurry, so I said either wait or turn around. She then goes even crazier than she already was. Gets out of the car, starts yelling curse words and threats towards me while her guy just stood there looking more embarassed than anything. She then 'kindly' offered up her man up to "beat my ass" so I waited for what he'd do and he just said "you better go in your house". Afterwards I called the transportation department for the bus and they had the video I needed to get the plate, and upon a quick search I was able to locate the car parked not far from my house.

What is the best course of action here? They don't live very far away, so I don't want any issues if I get the police involved. But I also shouldn't be threatened in front of my own home for doing something as basic as putting my son on the bus. Any of you with a background in law mind giving me some advice?? Sorry for posting something rather personal here, but I know most of this board is littered with professionals, so it's worth a shot.

Last edited:

Used As A Shield

Aug 10, 2011
I'm at a loss. One of my kids has special needs and the bus picks him up in front of my house. When the bus stops to load a child up a red stop sign protrudes from the side to tell drivers to wait. In that brief amount of time a couple honked and honked at the bus. When I looked back they were screaming and flipping me off, so I asked what the problem was. They (mostly she) yelled profanities and said they were in a hurry, so I said either wait or turn around. She then goes even crazier than she already was. Gets out of the car, starts yelling curse words and threats towards me while her guy just stood there looking more embarassed than anything. She then 'kindly' offered up her man up to "beat my ass" so I waited for what he'd do and he just said "you better go in your house". Afterwards I called the transportation department for the bus and they had the video I needed to get the plate, and upon a quick search I was able to locate the car parked not far from my house.

What is the best course of action here? They don't live very far away, so I don't want any issues if I get the police involved. But I also shouldn't be threatened in front of my own home for doing something as basic as putting my son on the bus. Any of you with a backgroumd in law mind giving me some advice?? Sorry for posting something rather personal here, but I know most of this board is littered with professionals, so it's worth a shot.
I hate people.

Reactions: Pavelski2112

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Call the police. There is video evidence. Anger issues definitely.

Or get a TRO so they cant drive by your house?

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose

What is the best course of action here? They don't live very far away, so I don't want any issues if I get the police involved. But I also shouldn't be threatened in front of my own home for doing something as basic as putting my son on the bus. Any of you with a background in law mind giving me some advice?? Sorry for posting something rather personal here, but I know most of this board is littered with professionals, so it's worth a shot.
What the f*** is this horseshit? That's unreal. How deranged does a person have to be to flip off and verbally assault a parent who is putting their child on a bus? Were there any other witnesses besides the bus driver?

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
What the **** is this horse****? That's unreal. How deranged does a person have to be to flip off and verbally assault a parent who is putting their child on a bus? Were there any other witnesses besides the bus driver?
Unfortunately not. At the very least the bus door was shut and the windows were up, so hopefully the kids didn't hear any of it.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Unfortunately not. At the very least the bus door was shut and the windows were up, so hopefully the kids didn't hear any of it.
I'm sorry that happened to you. It's just so confusing. You don't make the laws that say they have to stop, and they very easily could have just broken the law and driven past (I'm not advocating they do that) but instead they chose to scream at you. So weird. I would probably report the incident to the police, or at least talk to them and see what course of action they recommend in this situation.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I'm sorry that happened to you. It's just so confusing. You don't make the laws that say they have to stop, and they very easily could have just broken the law and driven past (I'm not advocating they do that) but instead they chose to scream at you. So weird. I would probably report the incident to the police, or at least talk to them and see what course of action they recommend in this situation.
I just happened to be the one there to be yelled at is all I can figure.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
NHL players (including Hertl) are in Chicago for NHL Media tour. Seems like the NHL took the players to the game last night.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
WRT required stop for school bus.... In Nevada, it's a minimum $250 fine if you don't observe laws. They also really push school zones.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
WRT required stop for school bus.... In Nevada, it's a minimum $250 fine if you don't observe laws. They also really push school zones.
The director of transportation told me if they would have ran the stop sign they send the video to the chp who writes a red-light ticket.

NHL players (including Hertl) are in Chicago for NHL Media tour. Seems like the NHL took the players to the game last night.
Ugh. They've probably played in games with more goals than that one had points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad