OT: 10,000 Pt XLII - The Bouncing Turd

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Or a discord channel. Do you know how terrible work became without browsing HF whenever I had downtime? I had to go and socialize about baseball to pass the time.

Edit: I also legit thought for a few minutes the David clarkson trade broke HF because lol

No one deserves to go through that hell

Reactions: Pavelski2112

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Okay, no lie...The Boys on Amazon Prime is amazing!!!!

Pretty much My Hero Acadamia gone full shit-hit-the-fan. Production quality is as amazing as the story.

*Be warned about some very, very gritty elements.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

Pretty much My Hero Acadamia gone full ****-hit-the-fan. Production quality is as amazing as the story.

I watched the first two episodes tonight.

I enjoyed it, maybe because I expected it to be far darker/bleaker than it already was because the guy that wrote the comic it's based on is known for that sort of thing (as well as his general seething hatred for most "super" heroes. Which is obvious given the subject matter here). Karl Urban's also usually pretty good in basically everything he does. Even that 15 minutes he shows up in the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Except what the hell was his accent? It was like half-baked cockney by way of crocodile dundee (Urban is Aussie, so I'd almost just say he sucks at English accents, but I've heard him do convincing ones before. so.... :dunno:)

Reactions: slocal

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
I watched the first two episodes tonight.

I enjoyed it, maybe because I expected it to be far darker/bleaker than it already was because the guy that wrote the comic it's based on is known for that sort of thing (as well as his general seething hatred for most "super" heroes. Which is obvious given the subject matter here). Karl Urban's also usually pretty good in basically everything he does. Even that 15 minutes he shows up in the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Except what the hell was his accent? It was like half-baked cockney by way of crocodile dundee (Urban is Aussie, so I'd almost just say he sucks at English accents, but I've heard him do convincing ones before. so.... :dunno:)

Urban is my forever crush, haha.

But yeah, it's a toss-up between Karl and Simon on who does the worst accent. Oofa.

The show isn't nearly as sadistic as the comics from what I gather. Probably a good thing. I felt this was already pushing the limits of what Amazon would allow. Glad they played ball, though, because the production values are amazing.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA

Pretty much My Hero Acadamia gone full ****-hit-the-fan. Production quality is as amazing as the story.

This is good to know. I generally skip most super hero tv shows. Arrow, Supergirl, etc. etc. But the trailers of this show look really promising.

Reactions: slocal

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
This is good to know. I generally skip most super hero tv shows. Arrow, Supergirl, etc. etc. But the trailers of this show look really promising.

Same here. I can sit down for a super hero movie because there's so much put into the visual effects. TV shows for the most part never cut it.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
i think im gonna get over it quicker than i did hereditary but wow. Ari Aster is next level.

This was the first horror movie I have seen in years (aside from glorious 80's cheese). I shouldn't have gone, but was kind of obligated to go in a show of support.

Being nice has its drawbacks. :laugh: :help:

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Headlines saying 3 dead, 12 injured.

Stanford got 2. Sounds like Valley got 5.

Checked in with my immediate family and they are ok.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Guys, my dad thinks I'm making up that my therapist was in the hospital. He thinks I'm saying that as an excuse not to go.

How sick of a human am I to make up something like that?

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Frustrated.

Resolved one issue this morning that I'd been dealing with for days (and waiting days for CS to respond).

However, found fraudulent charge on two-month old credit card. :rant: If I dispute the charge via credit card company, they cancel the account and issue a new one. Called vendor, one that I've never done business with, and they reversed charge, blocked cc from ever being used (and cancelled account created).

Thinking I may need to get separate card for in person transactions only or something (like pay cash). And/or one-payee card.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad