OT: 10,000 Pt XL - Spring is (no longer) in the Air

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowie22

blow it up
Jul 20, 2012
Santa Clara, CA
Sucks, man. Was he insured?

Yes he was. It was my first accident, but I think got all the info needed. The damage wasn't as bad as it could have been, but this sucks man, month's of trying extra hard to 'drive safe' and not get into an accident, then some a-hole ****s it all up.

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
Yes he was. It was my first accident, but I think got all the info needed. The damage wasn't as bad as it could have been, but this sucks man, month's of trying extra hard to 'drive safe' and not get into an accident, then some a-hole ****s it all up.

If the accident isn't your fault, your insurance won't hold it against you. A couple years ago I got into my first accident after almost 30 years of driving when some guy made a left turn without looking right into me. Insurance company ruled it was 100% his fault, so my rates didn't change.

Hopefully your deductible isn't too high, then at least you won't be out much in getting it fixed. In my case, my insurer actually went after his to get my deductible back to me, since it was that guy's fault. I think I got like 75% of my deductible back from his insurer in the end. So, with any luck, you may not be out anything except time and irritation.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
I've had a few close calls lately, including some moron in a Mazda which looked like it had been in multiple accidents already that almost took me out on Curtner this afternoon. Lots of idiots out there, especially on El Camino.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida

Sorry to hear. Hope all goes well for you from here.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I'm watching Aussie Rules Football right now, and I have no idea what is going on. :help:

Basic rundown of the rules (I'm not Australian but understand the basics):

1) You can run with the ball, but have to dribble it off the ground kinda like in basketball every few steps or so (don't understand specifics).

2) You can move the ball by either punching it with a closed fist, or kicking it (kicks are usually punts, but you can kick at a loose ball too).

3) If you get tackled, you have to release the ball and the tackler has to release the tackled player (similar to rugby here, but there's no "ruck" that forms afterwards - in fact "ruck" refers to something else in Australian football, it's a free-for-all dogpile).

4) If you catch a kicked ball that travels a certain distance (10 meters I think) before it hits the ground, you get a free kick from where you caught it. The ball could have been kicked by either a teammate or an opponent, hence tactics usually revolve around trying to get "marks" whether defensively or offensively.

5) There are four posts at either end of the field (and extend upwards indefinitely like goal posts in football). Punching the ball is legal in general play, but you may only score by kicking the ball. If you kick it "cleanly" (untouched by any player on either team) through the middle posts, it's a "goal" and worth 6 points. If you kick it through one of the outer posts, it's a "behind" and worth 1 point. A deflected (by either team) kick that goes through either set of posts (or is sent through either set of posts through the defending team) is also only worth 1 point. A kick that hits one of the inner posts is not considered a goal, and is worth 1 point even if it it caroms through the inner posts. A kick that hits one of the outer posts is considered to have gone out of bounds (even if it caroms through anyway).

6) Illegal play is generally penalized by a free kick to the non-offending team, such as physically interfering with attempting to catch a kicked ball, similar to pass interference in football.

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
Why the heck is a WRX sti from 2004 still so expensive? Even on Craigslist the damned thing is 15K

On the flipside, I found a MT Miata NB for 3.5K and a 300ZX MT for 4.5k. Yes!

Last edited:

CrazedZooChimp

Not enough guts
Aug 3, 2005
Bay Area, CA
www.Coaster101.com
Frustrating as all hell but it eventually happens to all vehicles so don't take it too hard.

Heh, last time I got rear-ended it was a convenient way to get someone else (and their insurance) to pay to fix all of the dents and scratches that had been piling up on the back of my car. Not so bad for what was probably just a small crack (but damaged the bumped enough it needed to be replaced).

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

There are some interesting things there, but I'm still not a fan of the gnarly looking new suit. Especially now that you can see it has twiggy t-rex arms. People complained that the suit at the end of the early 00s films was almost too feline, but I liked the body structure of that. Toho said they were going for a horrific feel and I can see that in what they've done, but it's almost made the design too lumpy and formless. It's just a big, vague, horrific thing instead of Godzilla.

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
There are some interesting things there, but I'm still not a fan of the gnarly looking new suit. Especially now that you can see it has twiggy t-rex arms. People complained that the suit at the end of the early 00s films was almost too feline, but I liked the body structure of that. Toho said they were going for a horrific feel and I can see that in what they've done, but it's almost made the design too lumpy and formless. It's just a big, vague, horrific thing instead of Godzilla.

Yeah, the arms were the worst thing about the suit. The tail was pretty bad too, what with him waving it around like he was an oversized lemur or something. The rest of it was fine.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Yeah, the arms were the worst thing about the suit. The tail was pretty bad too, what with him waving it around like he was an oversized lemur or something. The rest of it was fine.

I don't like the roundish, tumor-y face and hidden eyes. I want Godzilla to look smart. I get that the point is to use him as a force-of-nature allegory, but I enjoy the idea that there's some level of intelligence/sentience behind all that menace.

I didn't like the cat ears that the suits got in the 2000s, but I liked the Final Wars suit a lot. It was sleek and powerful with the rounded dorsal plates (not the craggy, jagged, broken glass plates from earlier suits) and a solidly designed face. I also liked the mid-90s suit, which was a lot rounder and bulkier, but looked imposing.

movieSuit17_08.jpg

Final Wars Suit.

movieSuit13_07.jpg

"DesuGoji" suit (mid 90s. Ignore the glowy meltdown elements.)

There's a really nice retrospective of the different suits and their design elements here:

http://becominggodzilla.com/official-toho-suits/

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Love the scale of the battle, but really not feeling KotM's look. He looks like he's already been burnt to a crisp. And yeah, his face is really important to me. I need to see the eyes.

What's going on with the tail, too?

Last edited:

bluefunnel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2005

Now that this is out I can't say I'm a fan either. The arms and the way his neck goes into his chest throw me off a bit too much(it reminds me of something but I can't exactly place it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad