OT: 10,000 Pt XL - Spring is (no longer) in the Air

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I decided to do 3 leagues this year (Two of which are on ESPN) and I wonder if that is too many. They are of different types though: H2H each category, H2H Points, and then Points. Should be interesting, even though I get this feeling I have to check my fantasy roster a lot before opening pitch and even then about 20 minutes later I will feel like I forgot to do that. Maybe have a daily reminder to check fantasy teams and then mark as complete after I do it. Sounds like a lot of work though.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I decided to do 3 leagues this year (Two of which are on ESPN) and I wonder if that is too many. They are of different types though: H2H each category, H2H Points, and then Points. Should be interesting, even though I get this feeling I have to check my fantasy roster a lot before opening pitch and even then about 20 minutes later I will feel like I forgot to do that. Maybe have a daily reminder to check fantasy teams and then mark as complete after I do it. Sounds like a lot of work though.

Ever thought about playing Roto? I don't seem to have to spend so much time setting lineups with Roto. It lends itself better to 'set-it-and-forget-it".

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Ever thought about playing Roto? I don't seem to have to spend so much time setting lineups with Roto. It lends itself better to 'set-it-and-forget-it".

I have once and after the first month of the season there wasn't much movement in the standings. Got a little boring as the season went on.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

I prefer roto because it is less luck based. It also forces you to build a balanced team. But SJSharksfan is right about the standings. You could be buried by the end of May.

I am in 16 leagues... 11 dynasties (including a four sport league and a three sport league), one keeper and four one-year leagues... yes, I know that is too many. I really have no other hobbies. I have leagues on five different sites.

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
April fools day sucks, it just fills the internet with a bunch of ****** jokes. Only like 5% of the stuff people put out as jokes on this day are any good, everything else is just a stupid rickroll or LOL I GOTCHU joke :rant:

bluefunnel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2005
It can be quite annoying having to sift through all of the April fools crap.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
Huge huge huge mega huge awesome thanks to LadyStanley for picking up and shipping me a Thornton heritage jersey and a hat! Super hyped when I got the package today :)

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
April fools day sucks, it just fills the internet with a bunch of ****** jokes. Only like 5% of the stuff people put out as jokes on this day are any good, everything else is just a stupid rickroll or LOL I GOTCHU joke :rant:

It can be quite annoying having to sift through all of the April fools crap.

It's my least favorite day of the year. It's when people who are not funny try to be funny and the Internet provided an easy outlet for stupidity.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
my GTX 980ti came in yesterday, it's as amazing as I thought it would be. With all the internal parts of my PC upgrade complete, all I need now is the monitor. The one I've been keeping my eye on is the Acer X34, which I can get through Acer recertified for $785 tax included.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
my GTX 980ti came in yesterday, it's as amazing as I thought it would be. With all the internal parts of my PC upgrade complete, all I need now is the monitor. The one I've been keeping my eye on is the Acer X34, which I can get through Acer recertified for $785 tax included.

Oh man, I wish I could afford a 980ti. Basically Titan X performance at near half the price. I'd need to pick up a new CPU first, or else I'd just be bottlenecking the ti anyway (running an FX6300 right now, OC'd to 4.2 GHz). I just got an R7 370. Not a bad GPU, especially for the price. Won't play Shadows of Mordor at 4k, but it can handle a good bit of whatever's out there at 1080p.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
edit: nevermind, found out on my own (dropped the 06 from my username, it's not 2006 anymore :)).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad