GDT: #10 – Maple Leafs at Sabres – Thu Nov 3, 7:00PM ET – MSG-B, SNO

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
I'm not too dispointed because they played so well, but it does sting to not even get a point out of that effort. Back to .500 we go. Good news is that Kane will be back soon, and hopefully we're halfway through the Eichel injury...

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
I wanted this one bad.

But it's hard to feel bad about how we spanked them relentlessly.

Anderson was just the bullet they kept biting, and he never broke.

Robbed Girgensons and Ennis blind, that line is snakebit as ****.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
What a great game, Sabres played very well. We need a sniper, goals come hard for us.

Nelson was decent, McCabe was amazing, Risto went beastmode several times, Kulikov is smooth.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Tonight's game I think showed why TM picked Nylander. We needed a speedy skilled goal scorer. We need the guys with hands to get the chances--Girgs works but cannot bury the chances you expect a top 6 forward to bury. Despite that, on any other night the Leafs get blown out by a team missing several key players.

Major19

Mar 9, 2008
Not even mad after tonight. Frustrated yes, but leafs were completely outmatched almost the whole game. Goalie had a hot game. It happens. Leafs won't win many playing like that

To be honest this is likely the first time where the Leafs played "like that", as it's been largely a season of out-shooting/possessing and either running into a hot goalie or having our goalie blow it

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Can't wait for Nylander and Eichel to be on the roster (next year? maybe end of this year?). We need finishers.

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
Only saw most of the 1st and the last minute.

Sounds like we out played them but couldn't beat a hot goalie. Is that a fair assessment?

I'm probably in the minority, but I don't think Andersen did anything special tonight. I think he possibly got an arm on one or two desperation saves that may or may not have gone in the net anyway, but overall I just didn't see the Grade-A scoring chances from any Sabres' line tonight. You can't argue with 42/43 for Andersen but...I dunno, it felt more like "he didn't put one in his own net" than "we just couldn't beat him" tonight.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Okposo's best game as a Sabre (in my opinion). The puck stuck to his stick.

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
Tired of certain teams across different sports daring refs to call penalties over and over again. Babcock's system has interference incorporated into it. Also would like a penalty to be called after a certain number of icings in a period.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
I'm probably in the minority, but I don't think Andersen did anything special tonight. I think he possibly got an arm on one or two desperation saves that may or may not have gone in the net anyway, but overall I just didn't see the Grade-A scoring chances from any Sabres' line tonight. You can't argue with 42/43 for Andersen but...I dunno, it felt more like "he didn't put one in his own net" than "we just couldn't beat him" tonight.

You are wrong. He was flawless in his positioning, spookily so. And that's why only the Girgensons save in the first required desperation. His anticipation, his patience, his focus and control gave us nothing to shoot at most of the night.

Making a bunch of desperation saves, unless you're Hasek, is usually a sign that you're out of control. He didn't have to tonight because he saw and was prepared for everything.

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
Meh. Hard to feel bad about this one. Sucks to lose to the leafs but lots to feel encouraged about after that.

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto

I was just about to say the same thing. He made some big saves and was certainly the difference.

But really, we didnt create that many great chances. Lots of long shots. Many almost chances that were fumbled or poked away by the Leafs D at the last moment

Definitely took it to them, but in terms of chance after chance being turned away it wasnt anything like that.

Good effort, frustrated at the loss.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Can't wait for Nylander and Eichel to be on the roster (next year? maybe end of this year?). We need finishers.

Just need Eichel. Imagine the enormous upgrade in firepower when Girgs is replaced by Eichel on that line. You'd have a 1 -2 punch of the Eichel and ROR lines offensively with the Larsson line doing defensive work.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Just need Eichel. Imagine the enormous upgrade in firepower when Girgs is replaced by Eichel on that line. You'd have a 1 -2 punch of the Eichel and ROR lines offensively with the Larsson line doing the defensive work.

And if Reinhart can rekindle the chemistry there, all the better. He hasn't come as far as I was hoping this year. Maybe his connection with Jack sparks something more.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Only saw most of the 1st and the last minute.

Sounds like we out played them but couldn't beat a hot goalie. Is that a fair assessment?

We made 2 rather major defensive mistakes. Both wound up in our net (no fault of Lehner on either).

The Leafs made countless defensive mistakes.......and only 1 wound up in the back of their net.

Haseoke nailed it --- Andersen was in flawless position every time. Just a spectacular game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad